1/60 perfect transforming vf-1 from yamato?

Shaggydog

Why is everyone here in this thread talking about yet another VF-1 toy, when there's the premiere episode of a whole new Macross series to watch/discuss/dissect?

David, I take it you're jesting? :-)

For me, I still haven't gotten over my disappointment with M0 and the silly problems that plagued the VF-0 toys. So I'm really glad to be able to indulge in some idealised nostalgia than the unproven promise of more CGI and CAD. For now anyway...

It is great news that Yamato will finally deliver a perfect Vf-1 in 1/60. I still like the 1/48 but it did not go well with the other 1/60s produced so far. I don't know what to do now. I am pretty sure that Yamato will release all the vf-1 variants in 1/60 and I want to have them all, but I will need to sell part of the 1/48s I have to make that happen :(

For fans who HOPED to own more Macross mecha toys in the same scale, the 1/48s were a collector's gamble from the very beginning. Once the line had progressed to the 5th or 6th repaint without any other supporting toys (due to unfeasible size and price, no doubt), the writting was on the wall.

Wow. Just finished reading all 15 pages!

My CONCERN for now is I hope their Fast Packs are NOT TOO HEAVY for this scale.

Plus: NO MORE STICKERS!

I doubt they will be man, I expect them to be far more simple than the 1/48 FAST packs, and without as many removable missles. Maybe just limited to removable armor covers, but no exposed micromissles and compartments. Fine by me honestly. If they are made removable, they will be a nightmare to keep track of.

For me, I still haven't gotten over my disappointment with M0 and the silly problems that plagued the VF-0 toys.

Its actually confirmed that the VF-0S with Ghost pack has the fixes. I understand how you feel though.

I find it impressive that this toy not only is more articulated than the 1/48, but also has a more sleeker underside/profile in fighter mode than the 1/48. Thats improvement. This might be the first Yamato VF-1 that can successfully replicate Hikaru's VF-1J pose at the end of the SDF Macross opening, not to mention the first transformable VF-1 toy that can do so. Thus far only the Revoltech can pull that pose off, and maybe some of the Hasegawa battroid kits.

What I want is something with detail/accuracy/aesthetic similar to the 1/48, but with sturdiness similar, if not close to the chunky monkey takatoku/bandai 1/55. If its close, I'll settle for it.

Sure as hell glad I won't have to pay over $100 for armor, thats for sure!

Heres to hoping the parts that need a lot of strength, like the ball joints and hinges for transformation, are made from POM, diecast, or something seemingly indestructible from the get go.

Definitely will pick up the DYRL VF-1A Max when it comes out. Most likely will pick up a TV series VF-1J Miria. If they release a VF-1A Low Visibility v1 or something similar, I will pick it up, as well as a Stealth. I may just bite if they do a Minmay Guard, depending on the scheme. :D

This is awesome news! Wow, I didn't remember it was me that guessed this for "saturation penetration", but I'll take Dobber's word on it (damnit, they need to get around to making your Dobber scheme SV-51!).

Hot damn, these are going to look great next to my YF-19, Q-rau, and Battle-damaged VF-0A (still needs fixing). :)

Still dling Macross Frontier episode 1. I'm crawling up the walls with everything that's happened today!

Hey I just realized it. Perhaps the official announcement in the magazines and various other paraphanelia of the new 1/60 and other Macross items was to coincide today with the TV special and deculture Macross F episode? This has been the best news all weekend. Can't wait to see more. I think next months magazines, or the month afterward will show a detailed photo gallery of the new 1/60's transformation.

Am I the only one ticked off by this? I am all for more Macross products, but I am happy with my 1/48's. I am sure a new 1/60 version will have all the upgrades that Yamato can cram in, but enough is enough.

Amen!

I think the connection for the Gunpod is going to be more sturdy, as it is not a circle, but a rectangular protrusion.

The head is good, it is perfected. The seam didn't bother me at all. Hell, this isn't such a big step above the 1/48 head, but the 1/48 was ages above the MKI version of the 1/60 POS.

Proportions in the chest and shoulders have suffered a bit and makes the VF-1S look a little like a runt rather than a broad-shouldered athlete.

A release date or round about date would be nice, like to know how long I've got before most of my cash is devoted to these new babies. I'd bet on a Febuary/March release though they may hold off to after the 21, but that picture in the scans looks like a production version so they could be being pumped out as we speak.

As long as these come out, the YF-21 comes out, an eventual VF-11B comes out, and a Dobber scheme SV-51 comes out. I'll be happy. :D Of course I'd like some time between the releases to be able to afford them... :p

Thats gotta be one of the nicest 1s heads i've seen,.looks serious...

That shoulder joint peg looks kinds thin though, hope that isn't a problem area.

I hope those intake covers open/can be removed. DOES IT HAVE TURBINES?

The one on the gunside looks like it is not too secure.

Gimmick guess:

Rolling wheels?

Edited by orguss01

Glad to hear it's been officially confirmed by Graham.

A bit of a dumb question from me: are the wings of the VF-1 supposed to swing out completely horizontal in the anime and lineart?

One thing that always bugged me with the original 1/60's (and the RT 1/55 MPC's) was that the wings couldn't be swept completely horizontal/perpendicular to the main fuselage. Whereas, the original 1/55's and the 1/48's had no problem getting the wings into this position.

The reason I ask is because I'm not sure if the wings on the new 1/60's can completely swing out, much like their original 1/60 predecessor.

As for me, it's gonna take some serious convincing for me to buy one of these. Either the posing options have to be ridiculously sick and improved over the 1/48's, or Yamato comes out with some never-before-released scheme like the Minmay Guard or the VF-1A TV Max.

I inverted and merged the black CAD image so we can have a better look at the battroid proportions ^_^

I think it's the awesome!!!

Only gripe is with the wide canopy ala 1/48.

Pic is not working will repost later <_<

Edited by Ignacio Ocamica

so will we get a 1/60 macross zero monster?

It might be only after the 1/60 MKII is released. I would guess that it would be available as limited, due to it's immense size. At a price point of 300-350. If this does well, then maybe onto the 1/60 Konig (since the 1/100 can be scaled up perfectly) and then onto the 1/60 MKI from M0.

The only thing im concerned is that with the new 1/60 VF-1S, hopefully the crooked skull syndrome would be eradicated. It would best if the heat shields are of matt finish instead of glossy, to stand up to transformations and rough handling. Lastly any diecast, plastics or rubber used in joints/connectors should be able to withstand transformations without cracking or breaking. Graham, hope you highlight these concerns to Yamato

I'm seriously psyched about this. I wasn't excited about the revoltech VFs or the Toynami 1/100s or the non transforming Yamto valks... but this... this is makes me check the threads often and I click on the images that I downloaded on my desktop. I remember when someone said they should make these, I was one of the ones that disagreed. They had already came out with the Zero and announced the 19. After I thought they would come out with all 3 valks from M+ and the other Zero valks I completely changed my mind and put this on my wish list. Cross another one off that list! lol.

There's another thread that I said they should make a 1/32 scale Alpha and I got these wannabe "market analysts" telling me about the toy market. I'm sure they would have they're fake numbers crunched if I told them that I would love a whole new 1/60 VF-1 line... "market saturated", "already done why would they do it again, it would piss off their customers".

Even after dream toys after dream toys such as 1/6 scale Robocop, 1/6 scale ED-209, 1/6 scale power loader, 1/6 scale Appleseed figures... people always try to be experts when it all comes down to one thing... if you make it right, then people will buy it!