1/60 perfect transforming vf-1 from yamato?

Shaggydog

Though i doubt they will make the VT and VE again since they don't seem to be that popular....i hope they do though

The VT-1 and VE-1 will most definitely come out in this new toy line. Graham said that Yamato designed this line to support 2-seaters from the start. While it's true that Graham could've been referring to the VF-1D only, the bubble canopy seen in the pics he posted reminds me of the bubble canopy used by the VT-1 and VE-1.

Besides, we all know by now that Yamato absolutely will not pass up the opportunity to milk another toy line.

The VT-1 and VE-1 will most definitely come out in this new toy line. Graham said that Yamato designed this line to support 2-seaters from the start. While it's true that Graham could've been referring to the VF-1D only, the bubble canopy seen in the pics he posted reminds me of the bubble canopy used by the VT-1 and VE-1.

Besides, we all know by now that Yamato absolutely will not pass up the opportunity to milk another toy line.

Close, but not quite. The chest needs to be a bit taller in fighter mode, or I could be wrong.

Is the opening airbrake gone?

maybe? but they'd have to make individual FP's for them both, new wings, new canopies and i'm sure some other things i'm leaving out. so its not that easy for them to milk it hence why i'm holding onto those 3 particular 1/60s until if/when we see production pics. it would suck to dump them now, only to buy them back later at an inflated price. :)

that too, but doesnt the front have a deeper profile, so the copilot sits up higher than the pilot?

The RIO does sit higher and the pilot sits a bit lower. It seems apparent when comparing the canopy frames from the VF-1 to the VT or VE-1 one. While on other hand, the VF-1D the pilots are at the same height as the VF-1.

I get the feeling Graham meant the VT-1 and VE-1 in addition to the D. The main problem would be how to accomodate the cockpits with the chest plate, however, as long as the chestplate problem is addressed, I doubt we have to worry. The D's cockpit section may be the same length as the VT/VE, and if thats the case, those 2 just need a higher chest plate in fighter mode. I have a feeling Yamato's already got this covered.

What does seem stupid in a sense, if it takes a lot of work to make the two styles of two-seaters, is that Yamato might as well have modified the 1/48 after all. I'm really interested to see how they do it.

Edited by kensei

What does seem stupid in a sense, if it takes a lot of work to make the two styles of two-seaters, is that Yamato might as well have modified the 1/48 after all. I'm really interested to see how they do it.

You and me both. I will prolly do as dnd-ist mentions, and hang onto some of my 2-seaters, pending the acid test. This is the single biggest quandary, I think, with the new line.

Doubt the FP's of my VT-1 original 1/60 wouldn't fit onto a new perfect 1/60 then? : /

Just lazy by Yamato if they can't be arsed to do up proper VT's and VE's...

Read my sig. They've been engineered from the start to allow for two seaters for a reason. ;) I'm not worried about it, because I'm positive that they will come out with the complete line this time and that includes the D, VT, and VE models.

-Kyp

i'm definitely getting these :lol:

my concerns right now are...

-price tag (can i finally buy a whole bunch of 'em without breaking the bank?)

-FAST packs (are they gonna package them with the VF1 ?)

-colors! (i want a 1S Hikaru ASAP :lol: )

and...

anybody think they're gonna resurrect Low-Vis 1 in this scale ?

anybody think they're gonna resurrect Low-Vis 1 in this scale ?

I have my fingers crossed that they make a Low-Vis in the 1/60 scale for the 1S, the 1A, the 1J and especially the 1D. I don't care if they're non-canon, a Low-Vis VF-1D would really kick ass. B))

I'm hoping that they will finally release a TV Hikaru VF-1S...I don't consider DYRL cannon...I consider it a slightly altered timeline version. To me, the TV version will always be cannon, but that's just me.

It would suck for me to have to buy a Hikaru VF-1J and a DRYL Roy VF-1S just to get a pseudo TV version Hikaru VF-1S. All they'd have to do is make the yellow arrows on the 1S head black and give it a Hikaru 1J pilot...Jesus Christ, it wouldn't be hard. :rolleyes:

-Kyp

Yeah I want Max and Miriya Super 1Js too!

Those are pretty much a given. I want a TV Roy/Hikaru VF-1S...with TV fast packs. Heck, if they were smart, they could put both pilots with it and give the fans a two for one so-to-speak.

But knowing them, if they did it at all, they'd make them separate just to try and get people to buy both. :rolleyes:

-Kyp

Those are pretty much a given. I want a TV Roy/Hikaru VF-1S...with TV fast packs. Heck, if they were smart, they could put both pilots with it and give the fans a two for one so-to-speak.

But knowing them, if they did it at all, they'd make them separate just to try and get people to buy both. :rolleyes:

-Kyp

Haha, that's what I had to do to make myself a Super Hikaru TV-1S. Then I did a bad thing and had Rick Hunter stickers made by Anasazi to stick on it.

* ducks head *

So which VF-1 do you guys want them to release first? Even if it's not probable, if you could pick any VF-1 for them to release first, which would it be?

For me it would be the Hikaru VF-1J. It's my favorite VF-1, easily. I love the 1J head and the white scheme with red stripes. Plus, it's Hikaru, the main character's valk. Looks great with GBP or fast packs.

That was me, and I was referring to the difference between the Roy's 1S in DRYL vs the Roy 1S TV version. In the DRYL movie, the arrows on either side of the 1S is yellow, and on the TV version, they're black.

And of course, in the TV version, Hikaru gets Roy's 1S rather than the Black and Red 1S made for him in DRYL.

I want the TV version of Hikaru's 1S which is Roy's TV version 1S with a Hikaru pilot. The point was, it would be easy enough for Yamato to do and I'm hoping they will do it with this new 1/60 line since they didn't with the 1/48's.

-Kyp

Edited by Kyp Durron