1/60 perfect transforming vf-1 from yamato?

Shaggydog

Pardon me if I missed it, but could has Graham commented on the heatshield design?

He said it will transform like the 1/60 VF-0's, so I assume the heatshield will be the same and be hidden.

And hahaha I was right, there will be a VT, VE, and the VF-1D! :lol: And if these puppies are going to go for around $100 each, I will be buying them all!

It's also really funny because I remember when I first came here and suggesting that Yamato make the 1/60's with the improvements of the 1/48's...and having most of the members saying no, because we've invested our money in the first 1/60's. ^_^

After seeing the fighter mode, I think it looks great and the battroid is killer. B))

Commence the sucking of the wallet.....now. :wacko:

-Kyp

I bet this will make David happy, since its in a scale Yamato has made most of their releases in.

Graham, am I right in thinking this is under $100? I see no reason why it shouldn't be. Something tells me another Japanese company was going to put out some form of the VF-1 in toy form next year, and Yamato beat them to the punch with this awesome toy. With double jointed elbows, this might actually beat the Revoltech with regards to poseability, and yet still remain perfect variable.

I was dissapointed to not hear back from the etailer I sent inquiries to with regards to some bandai reissues for xmas. Forget it, news of this is an early xmas present for me!

When can we expect these Graham? I hope before april(I AM GOING TO HAVE ONE AWESOME BIRTHDAY!!!).

BTW guys I think thats a TV Roy in the cockpit. If yamato can redo the entire VF-1 in 1/60, they can do a TV Qrau in 1/60 too.

Graham, will Yamato finally make a VF-1A TV Max type in this scale?

I think with release of this toy, we finally have the HCM-killer(something perfect variable in similar size to HCM VF-1 yet totally defeats it in every way). I just hope it is very, very sturdy. Swappable hands like on the old 1/60 VF-1 would be GREAT for this release.

The 1/100 VF-19Kai is an mostly snap fit kit from 1995. It is molded in red, grey and yellow plastic. It can be built unpainted, but of course looks better painted.

The other reissue kits are all 24 or 25 year old designs and definitely require glue and paint to look good.

Graham

And lastly - is it variable ? :)

As for the 1/60s - I'll be getting me a VF-1D and a Max + Mirya set.

No intention of getting rid of my 1/48s.

In fact - I will simply say that there are two variants of the VF1 - and the 1/48 is the "heavy hitter" version :)

Now... what's this about Yamato having the rights to MF? Would be good news.

VFTF1

He said it will transform like the 1/60 VF-0's, so I assume the heatshield will be the same and be hidden.

And hahaha I was right, there will be a VT, VE, and the VF-1D! :lol: And if these puppies are going to go for around $100 each, I will be buying them all!

It's also really funny because I remember when I first came here and suggesting that Yamato make the 1/60's with the improvements of the 1/48's...and having most of the members saying no, because we've invested our money in the first 1/60's. ^_^

After seeing the fighter mode, I think it looks great and the battroid is killer. B))

Commence the sucking of the wallet.....now. :wacko:

-Kyp

According to a poll I made long ago, most of us still wanted a perfect variable 1/60 VF-1.

/me mourns the death of the 1/48 :(

Good thing I got my 1D kit back then O_o

Guess this also means that collecting Yammies is no longer an option for me. I've really only ever had one non-1/48 valkyrie and I just sold that three weeks ago :p

All my money now will be directed towards detailing up my valks with decals / etc.

:p

I seriously doubt this thing will be only $100. Also, I'd like to know if it really does have an internal heatshield. If so, it will be truely miraculous, though for this scale I won't be upset if the heatshield is snap-on. As long as I don't have to swap out the canopy and to transform like the old 1/60.

Edited by danth

I seriously doubt this thing will be only $100. Also, I'd like to know if it really does have an internal heatshield. If so, it will be truely miraculous, though for this scale I won't be upset if the heatshield is snap-on. As long as I don't have to swap out the canopy and to transform like the old 1/60.

I think its possible it will be under $100. The first 1/60 VF-1, with a crapload of diecast, was under $100. It was between 60-70$. An internal heatshield is possible, fulcy devised one years back.

And lastly - is it variable ?

Variable with parts swapping. All modes a hell of a lot more accurate than the 1/65 toy but don't expect it to handle like one, it is fragile, as mine has broken in many places(thats what I get for being a middle schooler excited for a bad ass red YF-19 derivative only to find out its not supposed to be handled like a toy).

Edited by Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0

Let me just be the first to say that I DOUBT these will cost under 100.

WHY would they?

The old 1/60s were under a Hundred...but so were the 1/72s - this had everything to do with engineering, inflation and size... now we have more complex engineering, adjust for inflation, and also more perfection in the mould...

If a 1/60 VF was going to be under 100 we'd have seen it by now with the Macross Zeros ....

My guess is these will be similar in cost - we're looking at 155 to 170 (w/Fast Pack).

Nothing is going to ever cost under 100 USD again.

VFTF1

1/60 VF-0's are also bigger than even the 1/48 VF-1's, so I get the feeling these suckers will prolly cost around 8000-10000 yen

by all means don't expect to be paying what you paid for your first 1/60 vf-1's

Edited by Duymon

Crazy!!!

Great time to collect Macross!

I did not expect this thread when I sat down at my computer this morning. Also did not expect to read 10 pages at once. Big deal for sure.

OK so I am both really excited and sort of pissed off!

I need to put some garlic and crucifix on my wallet to keep the vampire that is yamato from sucking my bank accounts lifeless! I will come equipped with a ABS/PVC stake and mallet ready for the next nocturnal attack!!!

F n A!!!!

I have to say that I will probably only be getting the VF-1D (they had better motherjumping do that one!!!) and possibly a minmei guard or other variants that were not covered before. I just finished collecting the old 1/60 scale!!! Blood suckers!!!!

I am keeping my 1/48s for sure. I may have to sell some of my old diecast 1/60s though.

Well Domo Arigato mr. Yamato and bugger off you vampire toy scum!!!

conflicted fan.....

I'm sort of annoyed by the news....probably one of the few that is though. I got all the 1/60's when they came out...then they were kicked aside to make room for the 1/48's. So I picked up all those. And now we're going back to the 1/60's.

I'm sooooo glad that some of my other collections don't keep switching scales and starting over.

I guess the hook for me on these is going to be the price. If it's reasonable...then I don't mind buying another of all the valks I've already purchased twice already.

According to a poll I made long ago, most of us still wanted a perfect variable 1/60 VF-1.

Hmm....I guess it was those who had already gotten all the 1/60's that didn't want Yamato to go back and re-do the 1/60 line. Anyways, I think this is great because I like keeping stuff in the same scale as much as possible.

Being able to pose these next to the YF-19/21, the VF-11, the VF-0's and SV-51's will be awesome! B)) I would also like to see a TV Max and Kakizaki VF-1A thrown in the mix this time around, there's no reason that they can't do that this time. In fact, I bet we'll see all the color schemes come out with this line as it seems that Yamato wants this to be the definitive line for the VF-1's.

The thing we all need to know now is, how much $$$ and when? ^_^

-Kyp

Edited by Kyp Durron

why did i log in tonight?! hahhahahahha....

i'm sold!

graham, does this mean that the 25th anniversary black VF1 is the LAST 1/48 valk from yamato?

hmmm 1/60 perfect blue rose, minmay guard...woot! new 1/60 GPB! new 1/60 FAST/STRIKE PACK! let us anticipate.........

hohoho....then what will we have for 30th anniversary? black 1/60 PERFECT VF1?

Let me just be the first to say that I DOUBT these will cost under 100.

WHY would they?

The old 1/60s were under a Hundred...but so were the 1/72s - this had everything to do with engineering, inflation and size... now we have more complex engineering, adjust for inflation, and also more perfection in the mould...

If a 1/60 VF was going to be under 100 we'd have seen it by now with the Macross Zeros ....

My guess is these will be similar in cost - we're looking at 155 to 170 (w/Fast Pack).

Nothing is going to ever cost under 100 USD again.

VFTF1

The VF-0 and SV-51 in 1/60 are a lot bigger than the 1/60 VF-1. Your comparing a branch to a twig. $155-170 is market suicide. Not even the 1/48 costs that much. Not to mention if another company has a Macross toy license for perfect variable toys in japan. Prices have to be competitive, otherwise, one manufacturer will lose sales from the outset. Engineering isn't so complex if its something based on what they've done before, only made easier, and simplified.

This is interesting news. I guess I'm one of the few that prefer the vf-1 in the 1/48 scale. The Vf-1 series looks puny when compared against the 1/60 yf-19, vf-0's and SV-51.

Will the fast packs use magnets like the vf-0's? I still think that the removable nosecone was a great idea for the gbp armor. I question if these will look as good in GBP armor since the molded crotch piece will have to accomodate the nosecone.

if they release a dyrl max or hikaru vf-1a, maybe they should release them with swappable vf-1s heads to take care of two valkyrie releases at once.

If Yamato keeps the same BOX format as the other recent 1/60 releases and their 1/48 line, they'll have to INCLUDE fastpacks. This would make sense cuz no one's gonna pay over $100 alone for just the itty-bitty fighter!

It looks like from the pics that they may plan on releasing this without the fast packs first as they didn't show any in the pictures. The price will be the make or break for them if they're not going to include them the first time around.

-Kyp

If Yamato keeps the same BOX format as the other recent 1/60 releases and their 1/48 line, they'll have to INCLUDE fastpacks. This would make sense cuz no one's gonna pay over $100 alone for just the itty-bitty fighter!

If they offered them without Fastpacks that would make them in essence much cheaper, which I suspect is part of the reason that they decided to revisit this scale for the vf-1 series. If these are close to $100 bucks I see no reason to buy it vs a 1/48. Unless it came with fastpacks and maybe a stand. The older 1/60 strike vf-1s went for ~$ 90.

I wonder what stands will these be compatible with? Will they go with the included stands that we've seen with the sv-51? Or will they be compatible with the older yamato stands? Hell, they could come out with a new stand just for these if they choose to.

dayam it... no more room in my display collection.... kinda excited.... but kinda really just feel the hurt in how much i'm going to spend collecting these.... it took me years to save up and buy an almost complete 1/48 collection....

now i'll probably end up getting all of these too... sigh.....

why did i log in tonight?! hahhahahahha....

i'm sold!

graham, does this mean that the 25th anniversary black VF1 is the LAST 1/48 valk from yamato?

hmmm 1/60 perfect blue rose, minmay guard...woot! new 1/60 GPB! new 1/60 FAST/STRIKE PACK! let us anticipate.........

hohoho....then what will we have for 30th anniversary? black 1/60 PERFECT VF1?

and after that they'll announce another new scale for the VF-1 design?? :lol:

as for the box, I'm pretty sure they'll just use the old 1/60 boxes with some graphics improvements. They'll just need a little tweaking here and there to make the new 1/60 VF-1's fit in the ol 1/60 trays. They are, in fact, at the same scale arent they?

as for the heatshield, Graham did say that its perfect transformation...

Edited by aaajin

Well someone brought up in a previous post by making the box smaller but someone else posted that Yamato likes their boxes the same throughout the whole line which would make economic sense. A whole new repackaging will cost them and if they kept the same box format it would have to mean...

that the big volume within that same box will NOT justify the small content. So fastpacks ihas to be included and it does not necessarily have to be as comprehensively detailed as the 1/48s. Just enough to be as detailed as the rest of the recent 1/60th line.

Good point. They could probably reuse the boxes for the 1/60 strike vf-1s, superostrich and elintseeker. These would be large enough to accomodate the fighter, and fast packs if included. Not to mention that they would still be considerably smaller than the 1/48 boxes, and the 1/60 vf-0 boxes.

Yes, then they will release the macross plus and macross zero valks in 1/48! :lol:

Hahahah

That would be crazy, wouldn't mind having a 1/48 YF-19... :rolleyes:

I'm gonna stop buying 1/48 when I get my Hikki 1S with Fastpacks...

WOOHOO! Awesome news! And pics to boot!

Thanks Graham for the scans, shaggydog for discovering this, and everybody else that pointed out everything they noticed on it!

Keep the plastic mixture good! No disintegrating shoulders, elbows, or knees please!

So, it has:

-better arm integration in fighter (no hanging shoulders)

-double-jointed elbows (awesome)

-engineered to allow for two-seaters (groovy)

-VF-0 nose type transformation (cool)

-non-splitting foot thrusters (niiice)

-proportionally larger hands (yay!)

-no moving wing flaps

-no removeable nosecone (WOO!)

-slimmer landing gear doors

-the familiar leg holes for fast packs

-the familiar pegs to lock the legs and arms together

-backpack hinge looks slightly different (I hope it's stronger)

-underbelly perfect transformation hatch, still with round pegs (I hope it's got a system like the VF-0, I hated having to fish for those pegs inside the guts of the 1/48 VF-1)

-canopy more like the 1/48 as opposed to the slim original 1/60

Color schemes we can look forward to (definite or possibility):

DYRL 1A Hikaru

DYRL 1A Max

DYRL 1A Kakizaki

DYRL 1S Focker

DYRL VT-1

DYRL VE-1

DYRL 1S Max

DYRL 1S Hikaru

TV series 1D

TV series 1J Hikaru

TV series CF

TV series 1A Max

TV series 1J Max

TV series 1A Kakizaki

TV series 1S Focker

TV series 1J Miria

TV series 1D Virgin Road

TV series Angel Birds

PS2 Game 1A Apollo squad (purple)

Low Visibility version 1

Low Visibility (high visibility) Jungle Camouflage

Stealth

Minmay Guard version 1 (Moon Act?)

Minmay Guard version 2 (Paris Act?)

25th Anniversary scheme (with or without the "25th anniversary" printing)

Bring on the VF-4 and VF-11 in 1/60. :D We know now that when the VF-11 is made it will be 1/60. HOT DAMN! This is awesome! I'm hoping as well that these will be closer to the prices of the old 1/60s.

I just hope that this time Yamato make the Fast Packs the correct color, just like the original 1/60 Fast Packs... and unlike the lighter 1/48 ones.

Also make the GBP the correct scale. Not bigger as in their earlier iterations. The one for the 1/48 must be in 1/40 scale... no stupid fake shoulders!

What does VF-0A nose transformation mean?

I just hope that this time Yamato make the Fast Packs the correct color, just like the original 1/60 Fast Packs... and unlike the lighter 1/48 ones.

Also make the GBP the correct scale. Not bigger as in their earlier iterations. The one for the 1/48 must be in 1/40 scale... no stupid fake shoulders!

What does VF-0A nose transformation mean?

The fuselage collapses like a telescope, making the nose cone not as long in battroid mode.

Edited by GobotFool