1/60 perfect transforming vf-1 from yamato?

Shaggydog

I'm all for super posability.

I'd be really impressed and would start collecting again (and buy 7 more 1/48 Roy VF-1S to make a Max VF-1S), if they showed better posability in the legs.

It's almost as if Yamato VF-1s were mobile phones or laptops. They get smaller but the functionality may exceed their predecessors.

Laugh all you want at my 139 1/48s, I'm collecting all again. :p, I don't care.

Good to hear! :p 139 1/60 perfect VF-1 variables as well then? :lol: crazy mahn...

Exactly right though, the legs need to be more poesable, 48's are hard to get some real deal displays, but it's the design of the valk (lineart) as a whole i think.. But for me it's the arms equally as the legs.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

:blink:

:ph34r:

YAY!!!

empty wallet....BOO!!!

Here's hoping that they come with Fast Packs bundled

Here's also to hoping that the VF-1D, Super O and Elint are within the first 5 releases so I don't feel so bad about having to recollect the VF-1 yet again

Oh and hopefully a TV Max and Kakizaki also

Ok, I don't feel too burned, at least I don't have 100K worth of 1/48's locked in a desert vault LOL

Edited by chowyunskinny

awesome news! depressing for our wallets, but awesome nonetheless! :lol:

A little question, tho:

Is Yamato gonna package the new 1/60 VF-1 complete with the FAST-Packs like the original 1/60 Focker-Strike ?

They also better not make Hikaru-1A bleached-white again. <_<

Edited by treatment

So, any updates on your display cabinet yet?... :huh::rolleyes:

Nope. If you want updates on my display buckets, I'll happily post them. I got a new Clear one! :p:lol: Honestly, I didn't know that it was that hard to build one.

Edited by kensei

I will buy every variant they do with this new line. Including Max and Millia VF-1J's.

Just think! 1/60 Low Vis 1

No chance. Remember, it was the paintscheme that was the limited edition. Not the Valk as a whole.

Here's hoping that they come with Fast Packs bundled

Here's also to hoping that the VF-1D, Super O and Elint are within the first 5 releases so I don't feel so bad about having to recollect the VF-1 yet again

Well Graham did mention that it was designed to be two seater adjustable from the start.

Hopefully this applies to the VF-0 as well.

And yes, if they release FAST Packs with it and they are under $100 USD before shipping, that would be mighty good. Value add Yamato, Value add please.

Looks like they are still the same swing bars to transform the leg. :D The best design ideas never die.

Edited by kensei

I just can't believe I'm excited about the vf-1 again. I vaguely recall a thread where I swore I was done with it as well. Oh well.

Well at least if this pans out, we'll have the complete collection and no excuses, two-seaters and all.

Yup, I'm really hoping these come with fast packs and have a sub 100 dollar price point.

And I can't wait for the GBP armor for these guys.

And this also renews hope for a perfect transformation vf-11.

We know they will, it's just a matter of how well they can do it.

Hopefully the posability and all three forms will be other worldly, and way beyond fold in half and hide behind a bulletproof shield. ;):lol:

Edited by kensei

Well at least if this pans out, we'll have the complete collection and no excuses, two-seaters and all.

We know they will, it's just a matter of how well they can do it.

Hopefully the posability and all three forms will be other worldly, and way beyond fold in half and hide behind a bulletproof shield. ;):lol:

oooh, official virgin road?

oooh, official virgin road?

Pfft. <_< VF-D trainer dude! :p There's just something about that orange and tan colour with green visors.

For those that don't believe me, I'll quote again:

Yes it's true. Yes, it's perfect transformation. Yes, it has been engineered from the start to allow for 2 seaters.

Yamato want's to have all their perfect transformation toys in 160 scale.

Improvements over 1/48 include shorter nose cone in battroid mode (uses VF-0 type transformation), non-splitting foot thrusters and propotionally larger hands than the 1/48.

No moving flaps or removeable nose cone, but it does have some other interesting gimmicks.

To tell you the truth, other than making my GBP-1S look uber cool and more proportionate, the removable nosecone did little for me. As were the hardly used wingflaps. Nice try to make a more detailed fighter, but in the end, it is a toy.

Edited by kensei

Pfft. <_< VF-D trainer dude! :p There's just something about that orange and tan colour with green visors.

For those that don't believe me, I'll quote again:

To tell you the truth, other than making my GBP-1S look uber cool and more proportionate, the removable nosecone did little for me. As were the hardly used wingflaps. Nice try to make a more detailed fighter, but in the end, it is a toy.

I use the wing flaps in dispay! Nothing wrong with them. But same can NOT be said for the nose cone removeable idea, who the hell wants/likes that???

Actually when I think about it, the only two-seater that can be done from my view is a VF-1D. Unless it goes my a brand new type of perfect transformation mechanism that I have never seen before, I think it's near impossible to do a perfect TF VT-1 or VE-1......

The gunpod UN SPACY logo is upside down. Anyway 1/60? Wth...i have like 6-7 1/48. >_<

I only hope that the 1/60s are the same price as the old 1/60s that came out long ago. Then MAYBE i'll sell all my 1/48s. Hahaha.

Actually when I think about it, the only two-seater that can be done from my view is a VF-1D. Unless it goes my a brand new type of perfect transformation mechanism that I have never seen before, I think it's near impossible to do a perfect TF VT-1 or VE-1......

shhh don't give them the excuse.

The gunpod UN SPACY logo is upside down. Anyway 1/60? Wth...i have like 6-7 1/48. >_<

They are always upside down in Battroid mode. In fighter mode you have them the right way up. Unless you have two gunpods or are willing to remove the sticker each time, it's always going to be up one way and down the other. Even one up and one down on either side is conditional from the angle you look at it.

well, I'm of the opinion that yamato was contractually limited to making any significant changes to the 1/48 line and this will give them the oppertunity to muck around with the design.

Being the scale fanatic I am this is absolutely terrific news.

It seems miracles do come true during Christmas.

Two things I'd like this release to have is

- SIDE COVERS!!!

- NON AMPUTATED PILOT FIGURE!!!

Otherwise I'm already completely satisfied.

Hopefully the Euro stays stronger than the dollar over the course of 2008.

It makes buying these things a bit more affordable.

Edited by lechuck

would these have rotate-able pilot seat as the VF-0S?....if that's the case, then it would be awesome....I hope the pilot will be made out of the same material as the Roy VF-0S...that is, with much more finer details than the 1/48 pilots.

I hope they are also aware of the BP-8 problems in the 1/48s and redesigned the backpack hinge so that it would be sturdier in this smaller scale.

I hope they tampoo print all the markings on the toy (I doubt it)

and last but not least, I hope the box is significantly smaller! (shipping is killing us!)

Edited by aaajin