1/60 perfect transforming vf-1 from yamato?

Shaggydog

Am I the only one ticked off by this? I am all for more Macross products, but I am happy with my 1/48's. I am sure a new 1/60 version will have all the upgrades that Yamato can cram in, but enough is enough.

Some of us have never been happy with the 1/48. Content, yes, but never satisfied or happy. I've been content but I'm vocal in my support for the 1/60 size series.

..... you ask us to double dip Yamato....

If this issue of Hobby Japan February 2008 is true it'll be triple dip for some of us. Original 1/60's, 1/48's and now the new hopefully perfect transformation 1/60.

Hint: Someone in the east with a copy of HJ Feb 2008 we need a higher quality scan of that image!

If the rumors are true though, does this mean you guys are gonna be selling your 1/48's on the cheap? :)

Haha! No. I would be selling mine at the price I bought at. B))

ALL OF YOU are forgetting the most important part

After years, we might possibly get a perfect transformation valkyrie for under $100!

I'm being optimistic here, crossing my fingers that this is a perfect variable. Makes me not regret missing out on a bandai hikaru 1j if this is truly under 100, and perfect variable. Look at that awesome head sculpt and those nonchicken finger hands. Shin like :p

Replying to Roy's Blues, I wouldn't say I'm ticked off over this (assuming it's true). But this latest news isn't striking my fancy like say the announcement of the YF-21 or any news about the Tread/Beta would. My reaction would best be described as "I'm happy for you guys that have been asking for this for awhile, but it's just not something I'm all that interested in."

I agree that scale consistency is a good thing.

But personally, I like the heft and size of the 1/48's. It gives them a more commanding pressence in my displays.

I ain't knocking the 1/60 VF-1's (past or future) (Heck, I do have a 1/60 VF-1A DYRL Max and have done some wicked poses with him). But they just ain't my main thing.

I can do without moving flaps and removable nosecone/engine covers on this release. Even without those, it will be better than the first 1/60 VF-1 series provided this truly is perfect variable. Posing and manipulating the first 1/60 VF-1 became a pain in the ass, with the hips loosening up over time and losing their stability to the point of them being wobbly.

With the advances and improvements Yamato showed with the 1/48, I'm sure this time around they will do the 1/60 VF-1 right.

It better be cheap (as in under 100 bucks) or it's pointless:

We already have $200 VF-1's, they're just 1/48 instead of all the other recent 1/60 valks. A 1/60 VF-1 (new) has got to be a lot cheaper than the current 1/48.

I have but one request: PRINT THE SKULLS ON THE TAILFINS STRAIGHT.

Can anyone please translate the text in the article? I would like to know what features this thing'll have?

Will it be perfect transformation, including heatshield? Will the kneecaps be able to move? etc. etc.

The kneecaps look nice though don't they, kinda like Hasegawa kneecaps.

If they do a complete line up, I might have to sell two of my three 1/48's.

I bet its gonna be perfect transformation. I cant see why it wouldnt since it serves no purpose for them to remake the 1/60 line if there's no improvements to attract us, the 1/48 line owners...and it should be cheap too!

Edited by aaajin

Oh, oh F*CK YEAH.

This is the answer to my dreams. I never bought a 1/48 because I hated the low hanging shoulders in fighter mode. Plus they're so big and expensive, and I like smaller scales. I thought the old 1/60's looked ugly and hated that they weren't perfect transformation. And now we get this! Praise ye gods!

I feel like all my dreams are coming true. Cool Mospeada toys coming out soon, and now a beautiful, perfect transformation VF-1! Okay, it's pretty sad that my dreams involve toys from 20+ year old cartoons...but my dreams are coming true!

Also, I hope this is for real or I'm gonna be pretty sad. Otherwise, this is the best Christmas gift ever.

BRING ON THE TWO SEATERS, FAST PACKS, AND GBP ARMOR!

Hey, I wonder if the old fast packs and armor will be compatible? Doubt it.

Wait, look at that picture again. It looks like a SDF Macross above it. And what does that say? VF-2S?!

Also, this is a fully painted toy. Funny we've never even seen a prototype yet.

maybe it's the bandai re-issues of the 1/8000 SDF and 2SS + armour snap model kit thigs? That's more plausiable, but i'd like to be proven wrong! :p

lets do a list of notable improvements shall we good gentlemen?

From what I can tell:

* Cooler head sculpt

* Really smooth legs

* No low hanging shoulder problem in fighter mode

* Really nice nose shape

* Looks like the canopy isn't smashed like the 1/48

* No chicken hands

What did I miss?

Edited by danth

It would figure that they would make a improved 1/60 VF-1 after I started collecting 1/48's. :lol:

This is awesome news, now i can really build a complete 1/60 scale Valk display without having to buy any of the old 1/60 VF-1's, but I'm still keeping my 1/48's.

They had better have some VF-1D's and VT-1's in the new 1/60 lineup! :p