25TH Anniversary valks

izzyfcuk

There must not be a ton of these getting sold, or the eBay sellers were very, very optimistic. There are LOTS of eBay auctions for 25ths right now. I have never seen so many for just one mech. I'll bet if you couldn’t them up there would be more 25th up there than all the other mechs combined.

All I see on there is 25th, 25th, 25th, revvie, 25, 25th, revvie............

The same thing happened when the Low Vis 1 initially came out.

So, is history repeating itself? If it is I might have to get me some 25th's.

but the LV was limited and stated so on the box itself. also consider at that point, fans weren't really used to the 1/48 price tag so people really had to pick and choose which ones they wanted. the LV1 came out after the 1A hikaru, 1A max and 1S roy, and most people tried to pick those up before picking up a non-canon valk.

people didn't really buy the LV1 until yamato had a dry spell between releases and peoples valkoholism kicked in.

if these 25th anni. valks were actually limited and stated so on the box, i might have picked them up, but considering how yamato just re-releases stuff on a whim, these could be re-released for the 30th anni.

but the LV was limited and stated so on the box itself. also consider at that point, fans weren't really used to the 1/48 price tag so people really had to pick and choose which ones they wanted. the LV1 came out after the 1A hikaru, 1A max and 1S roy, and most people tried to pick those up before picking up a non-canon valk.

people didn't really buy the LV1 until yamato had a dry spell between releases and peoples valkoholism kicked in.

if these 25th anni. valks were actually limited and stated so on the box, i might have picked them up, but considering how yamato just re-releases stuff on a whim, these could be re-released for the 30th anni.

IIRC Graham has confirmed these to be limited editions. It just doesn't say so on the box.

IIRC Graham has confirmed these to be limited editions. It just doesn't say so on the box.

which means they're not really limited..hehehe. i'm sure we'll see these very same valks in 5 years. ;)

in any case, i'm still not buying these gawdy looking things. i'd rather spend my money on better repaints....or newer macross toys. :D

which means they're not really limited..hehehe. i'm sure we'll see these very same valks in 5 years. ;)

in any case, i'm still not buying these gawdy looking things. i'd rather spend my money on better repaints....or newer macross toys. :D

Taste is a funny thing. I think the low vis 1 is plain and boring (even though I have one), but I think these 25th are cool. They are very "Trophy-esq"(sp). I have the 19 sitting right here next to my desk and I think it looks cool in a "non real" kinda way.

Taste is a funny thing. I think the low vis 1 is plain and boring (even though I have one), but I think these 25th are cool. They are very "Trophy-esq"(sp). I have the 19 sitting right here next to my desk and I think it looks cool in a "non real" kinda way.

don't get me wrong, i'm not knockin people for liking them, i know everyone has different tastes. its just that i'd rather taste my own diarrhea than own one of these hideous looking things. i know thats extreme but i heard diarrhea can be pretty tasty if it prepared correctly!

My VF-1 arrived yesterday. I was skeptical at first. I cancelled a previous order with multiple valkyries. My coworkers and I sat down and observed for quite some time. After half an hour of chatting about planes in general...I decided to take a couple of shots.

I started to like it. Now I'm even thinking about getting two more...here's a pic.

Arthurius, I'll take a shot this evening at home with the armor installed.

post-2303-1200001733_thumb.jpg

Edited by doodler7

do not disturb,

ok ok, sounds good, LOL. thank you for the slap of reality check.

i'm gonna give it a week and see how i feel next Thursday or Friday. i'll be playing fiddling with this VF-1 evey day just to suck it all in.

and with the new 1/60 coming out ... man this is crazy!

don't get me wrong, i'm not knockin people for liking them, i know everyone has different tastes. its just that i'd rather taste my own diarrhea than own one of these hideous looking things. i know thats extreme but i heard diarrhea can be pretty tasty if it prepared correctly!

Ha ha ha.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Y'know DND, I feel the same way, I just don't like these 25th anniversary paint schemes ..... meh.

:mellow:

Ha ha ha.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Y'know DND, I feel the same way, I just don't like these 25th anniversary paint schemes ..... meh.

:mellow:

Maybe these will convince you.. couldn't wait, had to open one.

DSC01993.jpg

DSC01997.jpg

DSC01996.jpg

DSC02002.jpg

DSC02000.jpg

DSC01998.jpg

DSC01999.jpg

One thing i did find is that upon inspection, the legs where the socket are dont seem to have any rubber covering. I tried tightening the screws but its still a lil loose. Not loose where it can't stand, but just odd since i've always been used to the normal 1/48 valks to have some tightness on those joints. The head wasn't screwed on properly, i believe the person who slapped it on didn't have the patience to adjust the hold or the head socket to go into the neck. I had to unscrew it and open up the hole a bit so it flushes in then screw it back on. I'll have pics of the YF19 tomorrow i hope if HLJ hasn't screwed up my EMS trckn numbers.. ergh..

Thank you Kikker. How do you feel about the fast packs on the vf-1s?

Can anyone take pics of Yf-19 with Fast Packs?

Keep the pictures comming guys, these are really looking nice. I am only gonna receive my toys in 3-4 weeks, so i wanna see as much as possible.

thx

Edited by Arthurius

Nice energon cube. :lol:

Played with my YF-19 today. Definately better quality and tighter than the 1s generation YF-19. Gunpod problem fixed. Flaps under the shoulders fixed. Generally very tight.

Problems: The neck-cover that you're supposed to pull down in fighter and gerwalk mode won't budge. I tried prying it out but only got it out by a mm. I gave up after risking prying the whole head apart. No biggie.

Canards....i used the gold trim one but on the left one has a little difficulty staying in place. No biggie either.

Everything else....really sharp paints and print. Battroid mode looks menacing. I like it. Fastpacks on it seem weird as the grey contrasts on the black.

Nice energon cube. :lol:

Played with my YF-19 today. Definately better quality and tighter than the 1s generation YF-19. Gunpod problem fixed. Flaps under the shoulders fixed. Generally very tight.

Problems: The neck-cover that you're supposed to pull down in fighter and gerwalk mode won't budge. I tried prying it out but only got it out by a mm. I gave up after risking prying the whole head apart. No biggie.

Canards....i used the gold trim one but on the left one has a little difficulty staying in place. No biggie either.

Everything else....really sharp paints and print. Battroid mode looks menacing. I like it. Fastpacks on it seem weird as the grey contrasts on the black.

PICTURES with the Fastpacks PLEASE.

Here you go. I used the green stand, for the contrast. I would normally use a black one or flexi-display to display.

I do not plan on leaving them on. I am afraid the Leg packs may rub off the tampo lettering.

I used natural light, and flash.

post-867-1200262031_thumb.jpg

post-867-1200262046_thumb.jpg

post-867-1200262057_thumb.jpg

post-867-1200262068_thumb.jpg

post-867-1200262082_thumb.jpg

post-867-1200262100_thumb.jpg

Edited by Roy's Blues

if you push the head laser all the way down(towards the back of the head), it pushes the neck cover piece out a little.

you gotta twist, lift, and push a little and it'll sit flush. i have the same problem with my 1st ed. 19 time to time.