25TH Anniversary valks

izzyfcuk

Now that it is pretty much confirmed that these will be the last 1/48 valks by yamato, it is tempting to get one VF-1S just to keep in the box as a collectors item. Hmmmmm.

I was kinds thinking that also. If not a lot of people get the VF-1 and it represents the last 48 released it very possibly could tun into another "Low Vis". Not that I am counting on that or anything, I got it because I want it, not for what it might be worth some day.

And as far as the mis-spelling goes that is the kind of thing that makes it more collectable.

I was kinds thinking that also. If not a lot of people get the VF-1 and it represents the last 48 released it very possibly could tun into another "Low Vis". Not that I am counting on that or anything, I got it because I want it, not for what it might be worth some day.

And as far as the mis-spelling goes that is the kind of thing that makes it more collectable.

It would only make it more collectible if there was a small batch of misprints, or if yamato normally release flawless toys. But if they're ALL like that and if the company is known for making poor QC items.... then I would doubt that it would raise the collectibility.

I think Graham talked about them being limited. But Yamato could still make the "25th Anniversary Non-Engrish Rimited Edition version" :lol:

Fixed!

Edit to add: Who... or what... makes up Yamato's Quality Control Dept? A bunch of chimps and koalas?

Edited by Warmaker

It would only make it more collectible if there was a small batch of misprints, or if yamato normally release flawless toys. But if they're ALL like that and if the company is known for making poor QC items.... then I would doubt that it would raise the collectibility.

True, true. I am just attempting to be "Glass half full" about the whole deal :)

I'm liking the classic "John Player Special" F1 vibe these give off.

I'm not liking the horrendous paint quality, and I really hope the pics aren't indicative of the final product.

I hate to tell you this....but....these are the final product.

Nonetheless, I really like these. I'm so glad I bought both.

I hate to tell you this....but....these are the final product.

Nonetheless, I really like these. I'm so glad I bought both.

Haha, hadn't even realized that the close-ups weren't press/advertising photos. (Which I figured would've been prepro samples.)

Disappointing, then. I don't recall the paint being that amateur-seeming on any previous Yamato I've owned, even the 1/72s...

I can't beleave that they kept the miss spelling, I can't spell for sh#t and I picked it up on the first pic's and they couldn't be bothered fixing it. That's a big turn off on the 19, not that I'm getting these anyway as I don't like the colour scheme, but really Yamato could have got a spell checker. If I did get any it would have to be the VF-1S anyway as the 19 just doesn't seem to fit with the 25th anniversary IMO.

Now someone needs to make a correctly spelled decal for the 19 to replace the engrish. Pretty poor QC for such and expensive collectable considering it was printed right under their noses, this fault should have been corrected on the prototype.................Yamato what the hell are you doing?

Yeah, this is pretty encouraging as far as accuracy and QC issues go for Yamato. How pathetic!

Finally i got my YF19 and also VF1S (some sort) 25th Anniversary.

Check out the pics below.

post-3479-1198607985_thumb.jpg

My Latest collection from 25th Anniversary. Hurray.... err... wait...

post-3479-1198608050_thumb.jpg

Well, I guess that's one of the reason why VF1S didn't appear in the story. He was a bit embarrassed by the incident. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh... you have to get this bird. It's one of the best stuff that yamato has done. Really love it.

post-3479-1198608114_thumb.jpg

p.s. Now that i got a new camera and a better flash, i can continue my QTVR again. yeh...hope i got the time to finish few good ones by the end of this month. ;)

Edited by ikhii

Torn about this one.

The excalivur FUP....

I don't know. It's funny how an easily fixable, glaringly obvious mistake, that was pointed out when prototype pics were released, made it all the way to final product.

It sums up Yamato's business policy pretty well.

/I already pre-ordered both form LOS, and I am not canceling.

//The YF-19 may stay in it's box.

///slashies!

Torn about this one.

The excalivur FUP....

I don't know. It's funny how an easily fixable, glaringly obvious mistake, that was pointed out when prototype pics were released, made it all the way to final product.

It sums up Yamato's business policy pretty well.

/I already pre-ordered both form LOS, and I am not canceling.

//The YF-19 may stay in it's box.

///slashies!

i have two of each that should be here any day. I set coming out of the box, one set staying sealed up. I'm so ecited to see the black 19!

Unless I am colored blind.

And the color on these pictures were not photoshop tuned.

Isn't the "gold" trim on this VF-1S more orangey?

The wordings "UN SPACY" just right below the "gold trim" shows the contrast of the 2 colors.

Noel

It looks like the "Excalivur" on the YF-19 was removed, or is the glare of the plastic tray hiding it?

-Kyp

The wordings "UN SPACY" just right below the "gold trim" shows the contrast of the 2 colors.

Noel

I unboxed my 19 last night and the trim is 100% gold.

Noel

Noel,

Yes, the trim on the 25th anniversery VF-1S has a more orangey (copper?) tint than the gold trim on the YF-19.

Graham