25TH Anniversary valks

izzyfcuk

Thanks Izzyfcuk!

The VF-1S ended up looking much better than I thought it would. Those new golden stripes on the arms look very nice and the coloured visor and cannopy are very welcomed.

The YF-19 also has the new stripes, cool.

Can we see pics of the YF-19 pilot?

nice, thanks for the pics! I can't wait till I get mine in my grubby little hands.

question: Do you have the yf-19 head stuck in that odd way in the fighter mode because you're afraid of scraping that gold paint? Is the gold flaky?

Edited by eugimon

both both them have pilots and both of them have sticker sheets, i'll try and post some pics if i can, cos leaving for a holiday soon.

eugimon, wrt your question, i can't answer taht at the moment, also, i have never owned a 19 before.

ah, okay. thanks again for the pics though!

the only thing that interests me are the pilot figures.

gold = gawdy

i mentioned yamato spelled excaliber wrong when the pics first surfaced.

i guess they just didn't care.

maybe we should all pitch in and get yamato a copy of Word or something. Or hell, just email them the url for dictionary.com.

I guess the lesson is: Never underestimate yamato's ability to frak it up.

I can't beleave that they kept the miss spelling, I can't spell for sh#t and I picked it up on the first pic's and they couldn't be bothered fixing it. That's a big turn off on the 19, not that I'm getting these anyway as I don't like the colour scheme, but really Yamato could have got a spell checker. If I did get any it would have to be the VF-1S anyway as the 19 just doesn't seem to fit with the 25th anniversary IMO.

Now someone needs to make a correctly spelled decal for the 19 to replace the engrish. Pretty poor QC for such and expensive collectable considering it was printed right under their noses, this fault should have been corrected on the prototype.................Yamato what the hell are you doing?

Let's wait for the 2nd release for the correct spelling :lol:

I was thinking the same thing but is there going to be a secound release or are these limited editions?

I think Graham talked about them being limited. But Yamato could still make the "25th Anniversary Non-Engrish Limited Edition version" :lol:

I am really trying to like these. (I do not know why, because I can not afford them).

But I just can not bring myself to desire them.

I much prefer the VF-1 Stealth version with variations of black and Grey.

And for the YF-19 I would have preferred a Vampires Scheme similar to the Stealth version.

I guess I can thank them for making something that I do not want. Now I can save up for the ones that I do want. There are plenty of those.

I am really trying to like these. (I do not know why, because I can not afford them).

But I just can not bring myself to desire them.

I much prefer the VF-1 Stealth version with variations of black and Grey.

And for the YF-19 I would have preferred a Vampires Scheme similar to the Stealth version.

I guess I can thank them for making something that I do not want. Now I can save up for the ones that I do want. There are plenty of those.

I'm with you there, I was really hopeing for something really spectacular but I just can't bring myself to like these. But your right that there is plenty of yammies that I still want and not getting these make purchasing the 21 easier, need that for my M+ collection so I'm not concerned. I'll build a Hasegawa VF-1S strike battroid and make up some 25th anniversary decals. PeteB's VF-4 came up a treat and really looks like an anniversary piece. :)

looks kinda shiny to me...in the preview pictures it seems to me that the black was more of a matt-black than shiny-black...is that because of the lighting?

Yeah its matte. Like I said it looks better than in the photos.