Kristin Kreuk Leads STREET FIGHTER

EXO

There was an american cartoon?? Slurm Cammy? wtf? :lol:

The series is only bearable if you watch one episode a week. any closer than 3 days you'll be feeling ill.

Example, Ryu charging up his Haduken at the sea, i think it was drawn out over 3 episodes, all with like 3 minute previews of him charging and thinking about charging.

You all think DBZ was bad... hah!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

There was an american cartoon?? Slurm Cammy? wtf? :lol:

The series is only bearable if you watch one episode a week. any closer than 3 days you'll be feeling ill.

Example, Ryu charging up his Haduken at the sea, i think it was drawn out over 3 episodes, all with like 3 minute previews of him charging and thinking about charging.

You all think DBZ was bad... hah!

Ermm, thats Japanese anime for you. 25 minute episodes. Of which;:

6 minutes rehashing what happened in previous episode

5 minutes for opening song

5 mins of slow-mo shots of some teen student shouting

2 mins story development

5 minutes of closing song

2 minutes trailer telling you what will happen next week

Total 25 mins

Oh, you did not know of the American cartoon?

MUAHAHAHA! CRINGE BEFORE THE CRAPPINESS!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pXmWP0cFuc

Edited by Retracting Head Ter Ter

I think Kristen actually looks like Chun Li. Let's be real, Capcom's artists don't really draw Chun Li to look 100% Asian looking anyway. If they did get a girl who was 100% Asian she wouldn't look like the Chun Li that has appeared in countless anime and video games.. Maybe in the movie they might make Kristen's Chun Li of Asian/Euro lineage (I doubt it but hey).

Sigh, casting Zhang Ziyi as Chun Li seems like a no-brainer to everyone... as far as a live-action SF movie to be taken seriously by the masses is concerned... but don't anyone get the feeling that she's probably over-used for such roles? I don't know... if the peeps involved thinks Kristin Kreuk can pull it off, she probably could with proper coaching... she's got the looks and besides, Zhang Ziyi could inflate the cost of the movie... word has it that male co-stars would double their fee with Zhang cuz a certain someone has a certain b.o. problem... but don't quote me on that. With the current state of the world economy, ya gotta save whenever you can.

As for a proper live-action SF show... it will be interesting to see if they can top this one:-

^_^

Zhang Ziyi is a bitch. I dont like her. Most ppl in china dont like her. She isnt remotely pretty. There are plenty of other asian actresses not specifically here in the USA but in China, HK, etc who could act as Chun-Li.

Oh, Zhang Ziyi is very beautiful!

hero%20SPLASH.jpg

f_untitlewwdsm_e254a93.png

But yes, she definitely would need to hit the gym for about 6-8 weeks of intensive training, with emphasis on lower body strength...need some more meat on them there peg-legs... <_<

Godzilla, you mean she's not very popular in china? And she's not considered beautiful? Wow, tough crowd. What, has she got like, a stank personality or something? :blink:

P.S. Oops, just re-read earlier post--I guess the personality is not where the "stank" problem lies.... :blink:

Edited by reddsun1

Zhang Ziyi is a bitch. I dont like her. Most ppl in china dont like her. She isnt remotely pretty. There are plenty of other asian actresses not specifically here in the USA but in China, HK, etc who could act as Chun-Li.

"Isn't remotely pretty"... ??? Huh, I don't know about that... I think I'll be very lucky to find a looker like that to squeeze affectionately... and it's not that there's plentya' dogs where I come from... as for her being a bitch... I don't really know her that well to be sure... it's the unfortunate part that some peeps in the industry did talk about the "other" matter that I know firsthand. But she ain't in a position to be hurt by all these little allegations, I'm sure. ^_^

Nah, KK is too small at the top, buns and thighs to play CL. :(

I am sure there are other unknown Asian actresses that can fit the look and sizing needed for CL. But unfortunately, Hollywood needs named actresses to draw the target teen and young male audiences.

And yes this will be wire-fu pathetic just like Kill Bill. Lame. Hollywood needs to learn how to do martial arts films without relying so heavily on wirework. Some good examples to research are Sha Po Lang, Tiger Cage, Ong Bak and Once Upon A Time in China just to name a few.

Edited by Fortress_Maximus

U diss KILL BILL arragghhhhh! :p I loved that movie/s, cheesy wires and all.

One of the parts that was awkward with wires was the 2nd movie where Elle tries to do a funny looking flying front kick thing at

Beatrix in Budd's trailer. lol

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

The thng is with Kill Bill you can't take it too seriously, expectations set on a common garden variety hottie actress like UMA to perform martial arts can't be too high, the movie is just a blood and gore fest. That's all. Tarantino had some fun.

That's why we now have Jet focussing more on hollywood than chinatown ones back at home! :) Last one i saw was Forbidden Dragon (cool) and for modern holly wood it was Kiss of the Dragon and Romeo Must Die, that's all, gotta start hiring some dvds out to play catch up.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

"Isn't remotely pretty"... ??? Huh, I don't know about that... I think I'll be very lucky to find a looker like that to squeeze affectionately... and it's not that there's plentya' dogs where I come from... as for her being a bitch... I don't really know her that well to be sure... it's the unfortunate part that some peeps in the industry did talk about the "other" matter that I know firsthand. But she ain't in a position to be hurt by all these little allegations, I'm sure. ^_^

Bitch? Isn't remotely pretty? I dunno, I wouldn't kick her out of bed.

What is this other matter you keep referring to? Curious.

Graham

And yes this will be wire-fu pathetic just like Kill Bill. Lame. Hollywood needs to learn how to do martial arts films without relying so heavily on wirework. Some good examples to research are Sha Po Lang, Tiger Cage, Ong Bak and Once Upon A Time in China just to name a few.

So what...you want a quasi-realistic Street Fighter? :blink: I eagerly await your proposed take on the "Tatsumaki Senpuukyaku" or other signature moves.

That move better be in her repoitre, plus the (whatever in jap) Hundred Rapid Strike Kick, or whatever it's called.

And fireball if they can do it right.

Use all the wires they want, so far nothing has been awful on the eye for movies i seen using it.

Cept that stupid flying front kick in kill bill! :lol: But hey it sounded cool. :p

I nominate that as the BEST B^TCH FIGHT OF THE CENTURY!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

I can only think of they way it was done by Ryu in the first animated movie. A single hit (i.e. he doesn't spin multiple times) jumping spin kick.

You beat me to it.

That was the exact same reference I was gonna use. That's the best non-BS rendition of the Tatsumaki Senpuukyaku I've seen.

He does 5 kicks in total there (if you count the one while crouching as the starting kick of the technique). As long as they don't put in more than 4 in the live action, it should look decent.

A visual reference is always best.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vf_qhxd9kRU

You beat me to it.

That was the exact same reference I was gonna use. That's the best non-BS rendition of the Tatsumaki Senpuukyaku I've seen.

He does 5 kicks in total there (if you count the one while crouching as the starting kick of the technique). As long as they don't put in more than 4 in the live action, it should look decent.

A visual reference is always best.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vf_qhxd9kRU

yeah and to add those 4 kicks (not counting the first) were just motions after the first kick lands... in the game those kicks only land/connect if the opponet high blocks, and if one lands and does damage only the single hit is counted. SO maybe they can just get him to score the first hit at height, and slowly finish the pretty spins on the way down.

Ken however scores the whole shabam. Guess they would leave Ken's out of a real movie. :p

Wouldn't it be cool to incorporate the Ken version SUPER, (whats that.. 20 hitter special including the upwards spiral? can't remember) f'n awesome. WIRES could do it!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

yeah and to add those 4 kicks (not counting the first) were just motions after the first kick lands... in the game those kicks only land/connect if the opponet high blocks, and if one lands and does damage only the single hit is counted. SO maybe they can just get him to score the first hit at height, and slowly finish the pretty spins on the way down.

Ken however scores the whole shabam. Guess they would leave Ken's out of a real movie. :p

Wouldn't it be cool to incorporate the Ken version SUPER, (whats that.. 20 hitter special including the upwards spiral? can't remember) f'n awesome. WIRES could do it!

Yup. Also, in the game, all kicks in the technique are done with the same foot. In the anime, he keeps alternating each kicking foot, thus not looking as stupid.

Yeah, you know i've always wondered why they didn't add a couple of tricks to the Tatsumaki Senpuukyaku,

they could totally make it bad ass by making you button mash to get all the kicks out you can (lets say for Ken's coz he's ultra rapid)

and that could allow you to kick them out slower (time delay keyed combo) or faster, and even cut the combo shorter to totally

f with your opponet. That's my dream add on for Ken or Ryu. [if you haven't already guessed i'm a Ken only user]

I so hope they are in this movie. :-/

If this movie turns out like that spastic Halle Berry Catwoman movie, where that character should always have something to do with Batman

and Chun-Li is all about association with Ryu and Ken... ack. Don't deviate too much from the manga/original story!

Is ths all about Chunners getting back at Bison (like a few stories i've got to know) for killing her pa?

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie