Kristin Kreuk Leads STREET FIGHTER

EXO

Kristin Kreuk (Smallville) has been cast as the lead in the upcoming live-action adaptation of STREET FIGHTER:LEGEND OF CHUN-LI, reports Comingsoon. The 20th Century Fox film will be directed by Andrzej Bartkowiak, based on a screenplay penned by Justin Marks. Production will begin in March 2008 in Thailand.

Plot Summary: "Street Fighter: Legend of Chun-Li" is a live-action feature film based on Capcom's video game. The new film is focused on female fighter Chun-Li (Kreuk) and her journey for justice.

Kristin-Kreuk.jpg=200px-Chun-Li_(CvS).jpg

I can't wait for her to discover that justice is in my pants!

She's so cute, but can she pull of all of the action? I hope that they don't go all wire fu on us. Which I bet they will.

Zhang ZiYI would've been a better choice. She's atheletic enough to be believable. Plus with her dance background I'd bet she could pull off all of the martial arts involved.

Edited by Golden Arms

booo! She's cute and all but Zhang Zi Yi would have been such a better choice... other than the fact that she's actually chinese she can act and she can pull off martial arts stuff.

oh well, if they could teach keanu kung fu, maybe they can do the same for kristen. I'm doubtful though, keanu never had the grace and economy of motion that really sells kung fu, imo.

booo! She's cute and all but Zhang Zi Yi would have been such a better choice... other than the fact that she's actually chinese she can act and she can pull off martial arts stuff.

oh well, if they could teach keanu kung fu, maybe they can do the same for kristen. I'm doubtful though, keanu never had the grace and economy of motion that really sells kung fu, imo.

Kristin Kruek is like 1/4 chinese or 1/8th...

It's kinda like David C. in Kung-fu... umm he kinda has oriental-ish features.

Nah, while I can totally blame the script/plot/writers/director for the original movie's mess, I think Ming-Na(Wen) was a great choice.

Except that Chun Li really should have been younger, not that there's anything wrong with Ming Na's age.

Kristin Kruek is like 1/4 chinese or 1/8th...

It's kinda like David C. in Kung-fu... umm he kinda has oriental-ish features.

ah, got it. I still thank zhang zi yi would be a better choice. It would be nice if hollywood would actually cast an asian as a lead without the "teaming' them up with an established "american" actor.

But politics and ethnic hee-hawing aside, zhang zi yi is a proven star and has the athleticism to actually pull off the role.

It's movies like these that make me wish there was an animated vomit-smiley to choose from...

If Bruce Lee was still alive, he would have been Bill!

Or Pai Mei...

Edited by myk

Maybe she can constantly nag Ryu and Ken to tell her their secrets.

LOL!!!!! :lol: But seriously, I think Kristen would be great as Chun Li; she's proven that she has the fighting skills to pull it off. Also, isn't Kristen married to the English voice actor to Terry Bogard, Mark Hildreth?

Edited by terry the lone wolf

looks like a decent job casting for this.... The reason why Zhang Ziyi wouldn't have made it in this film is that she's not Americanized enough.... would'nt' have been right for the film i don't think...

I hope they use the original chun-li outfit somewhere in the film....=]

Maybe, but the reason she would've been perfect would be the action pieces. With Ziyi you could minimize the wire work involved because she is pretty darn good at repilcating maritial arts. The more I think about this film, the more convinced I've become that we'll see another Charlies Angels, Ultraviolet, transporter in terms of action pieces. The recent action films in my book that have found ways to minimize the use of wire work look 10 better than those that rely heavily on it. This is in large part due to the athlectism of the actors involved.

Ones that are good examples of this include:

Distric B13

The Bourne series

Ong Bak

The protector

The City of violence

Killzone

She looks to be alright... whats with this movie, will we be seeing Bison?? Any other notable SF characters??

She has only slightly bigger boobies than Zhang Zi Yi but from her movie reporteur i would have preferred Zhang.

Ohh how we have been spoiled from the anime movies with the boobiness that is Chun Li....

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie