Who makes this VF-11?

kensei

Being new to MacrossWorld, I would just like to know who makes this model of the VF-11 shown in one of the Model Graphix Magazines. I'm not too much into the Yamato VF-11 Toy, I don't believe it looks as cool as this model. I've haven't built any models before, but this is enough motivation to get me started.

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/magazi...g_sep2001a2.jpg

I believe that was the Studio Halfeye kit, which is now out of production. Somone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Yeh thats an awesome kit. First time I saw it on the old boards I searched all over ebay trying to find it for sale , to no avail!

be great if someone could confirm that it WAS made. I have never wanted to get a garage kit till i saw that!

:D

Looks like perfect transformation, and it LOOKS good in all modes !

Bugger. :( That looked like the best VF-11 ever. What about the other kits in the later Mags? The VF-22A (May 2002) and the VF-19 (June 2002)? Are those Hasegawa kits still available? I got a headache trying to search for them on the net.

Unless I am crazy the Studio Halfeye VF11 did make it to production. There was even one for sale on Yahoo Japan a couple months ago. Its no longer in production....and its small and delicate...(no landing gear) but....its otherwise very cool! There is a fast pack and armor kit for it thats sold seperatly as well.

Bugger. :( That looked like the best VF-11 ever. What about the other kits in the later Mags? The VF-22A (May 2002) and the VF-19 (June 2002)? Are those Hasegawa kits still available? I got a headache trying to search for them on the net.

You shouldn't have any problems finding any of the Hasegawa kits, try HLJ.com or Valkyrie-exchange.com. Yahoo Shopping always has a good selection too just type in macross 1/72.

be great if someone could confirm that it WAS made.

Is this confirmation enough?

*oooooh shudder*

Yeh, I think that confirms if for me :lol:

So what did that set you back? and im guessin that where ever you got it, no longer sells it?

Is this Carl that has all the models in the world ever from past to present? R you thinking of making it? Or more a shelf display kinda thing ?

I would like to know if they are still available. I reckon with a *lot * of patience, I could make it....maybe... :blink:

oh, btw..........showoff!!!!!

Sorry... I couldn't resist... both kits were sitting about 3 feet from me as I was reading your post.

As for the other questions...

(1) So what did that set you back?

I'd have to look it up but I'd have to guess it was about $200 to $300 for the two kits

(2) and im guessin that where ever you got it, no longer sells it?

I got it direct from SHE though a contact that helped with the Japanese so yes I think that source is all dried up. I think HLJ had the VF-11 kit by itself for a while but I'm pretty sure they are long sold out. Just checked... They are sold out but it turns out they had both kits. These links will also come close to answering your first question...

http://www.hlj.com/cgi-perl/hljpage.cgi?SHE017

http://www.hlj.com/cgi-perl/hljpage.cgi?SHE018

(3) Is this Carl that has all the models in the world ever from past to present?

Not quite... but I'm the Carl of Carl's Corner.

(4) R you thinking of making it?

Eventually... if I ever get some free time. That might be 20 years away.

(5) Or more a shelf display kinda thing ?

Yes... right now its with all my other SHE kits.

(6) I would like to know if they are still available. I reckon with a *lot * of patience, I could make it....maybe...

The best place to look is Yahoo Japan. I'm sure it will be up there again.

Good luck...

Carl

Edited by wwwmwww

The one on Yahoo Japan didn't have the fast pack kit...and I think (if I remewmber correctly) it was started being built...(just a little) It went for like $290 US. I almost bid....but then my wallet talked me out of it. :lol:

BTW...thanks for sharing your kit Carl...wow....someday we need you to photograph them all...(okay some weekend..you get the idea! :) )

Edited by Myersjessee

(4) R you thinking of making it?

Eventually... if I ever get some free time. That might be 20 years away.

I will ask you in 20 years time hows it going then eh? by then we will be grumpy old men with gandalf beards........

:lol::lol:

Man, that looks sweet. You're one lucky guy.

Maybe wwwmwww could pass it to one of our great recasters and.....well recast it for the masses? :rolleyes:

Edited by Rune

Heh Heh. Keep it quiet though. SHE might not like that. But seeing as it's out of prduction, why not? Not our fault they can't keep up with demand, eh? :D

Edited by kensei

Man, that looks sweet. You're one lucky guy.

Maybe wwwmwww could pass it to one of our great recasters and.....well recast it for the masses? :rolleyes:

over 100 small parts I think, kinda fiddly... dont think it would be financially viable somehow.......

Nice idea though :)

Bugger.  :(  That looked like the best VF-11 ever. What about the other kits in the later Mags? The VF-22A (May 2002) and the VF-19 (June 2002)? Are those Hasegawa kits still available? I got a headache trying to search for them on the net.

You shouldn't have any problems finding any of the Hasegawa kits, try HLJ.com or Valkyrie-exchange.com. Yahoo Shopping always has a good selection too just type in macross 1/72.

Sorry Gray, but I really can't seem to find the Hasegawa kits. I wanted the ones that can transform.

HLJ and VE don't have em.

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/magazi...une02page15.jpg

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/magazi...-may-page-5.jpg

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/magazi...-may-page-6.jpg

Edited by kensei

You won't find those transformable Hasegawa models for sale there or anywhere else. Those are one-of-a-kind kit-bashes done by some very talented modelers in japan.

The one exception is a garage kit by IHP, which can be used to make a VF-1 fighter transformable. But it's rare, expenseive, and rather hard to build.