Resident Evil: Degeneration

uminoken

Sony seems to be following in FF7:AC's footsteps with a full cgi movie sequel to the games, not the Milia movies. Takes place 7 years after Raccoon City got nuked, starring at least Claire and Leon. No word on if it's a theatrical release, but my bet would be a dvd release. ShockTilYouDrop posted a quick teaser trailer:

http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/films.php?id=3206

• 11 months later...

Just finished watching it. It's awesome consider all the actions packed in this 90min movie, maybe I think it's good because I don't really have high hopes for it before watching it.

Was disappointed that Claire doesn't have as much screentime and character development as the new felme character named Angela. The lead roles were more of Leon and Angela than Leon and Claire, Claire was more like a supporting role.

Will definitely buy the DVD for collection.

Just finished watching it. It's awesome consider all the actions packed in this 90min movie, maybe I think it's good because I don't really have high hopes for it before watching it.

Was disappointed that Claire doesn't have as much screentime and character development as the new felme character named Angela. The lead roles were more of Leon and Angela than Leon and Claire, Claire was more like a supporting role.

I'm surprised that they came up with the english dub so fast. How is the voice acting? From the trailers the voice don't seem to sync. And from the trailer the art style looks more like MS Igloo rather than Advent Children so the movement isn't as smooth and realistic. But it works. ;)

I hate CGI movies that try to look realistic. So far they've all been festering crap. I really hope this does better but I can already tell I'll hate it by how unnatural all the movements are... everyone looks like a marionette (sp?) if they're not running and jumping. I know it's a tough medium but why not just do a hand drawn cartoon instead??

So, just watched this. Worthwhile if you like RE. Not perfect, but definitely had some good action in it. A little sappy at times though. Reminded me a lot of RE:2, same characters, same virii. :)

Animation is sometimes amazing (Claires eyes at times are very expressive), to creepy (the senators face is just scary, and Claire has some sort of weird chin/neck thing going on that I kept noticing). Action movements were well done, reminded me of RE:4 cutscenes at tmes. Loved the jet landing scene.

Edited by Pat S

I'm surprised that they came up with the english dub so fast. How is the voice acting? From the trailers the voice don't seem to sync. And from the trailer the art style looks more like MS Igloo rather than Advent Children so the movement isn't as smooth and realistic. But it works. ;)

Biohazard games are spoken in English, subbed Japanese.

As for the movie, same thing, English first then dubbed in japanese.

I played the Japanese Biohazard aka "Resident Evil" and it was in English.

.~*~.

I saw the movie today on Youtube. Came in 10 parts.

The plot was not that bad, The CGI was good, I won't say it beats Final Fantasy Advent Children though.

Animation is good, they should spend abit more time refining the clothing, mouth movement, human movements. I got a sense that sometimes they move abit stiff. Needs to be more fluid. I guess its homage to the games? I felt that I was watching the longest game intro lol.

It gives a slight back story before Biohazard 5 (Resident Evil 5). ((Spoiler?)After the fall of Umbrella, WilPharma tried to take its spot but in the end Tricell takes all thus mention in RE.5 (/spoiler))

I liked this movie very much, the Leon and Clair meeting again was a nostalga ("Get down!" *Fire a few shots*).

Biohazard games are spoken in English, subbed Japanese.

As for the movie, same thing, English first then dubbed in japanese.

I played the Japanese Biohazard aka "Resident Evil" and it was in English.

.~*~.

Ahh i see. I didn't know that.

Caught it last night. The action was fun...especially when Leon threw Claire his handgun. Oh sure he should've handed her a weapon in the 1st place but decided to only give it to her when she was surrounded. :rolleyes:

The movie was full of emo at the midpoint which was kinda draggy. But other than that the action was nice. There were some moments that made me go "woah.....go Leon....". Also some moments that made me think they should pause the action for a moment and insert a product ad... Brylcreem or Gatsby. :lol: Leon's hair has gone through falling debris, into a pool of water, and wrestling with zombies, but his hair remains PERFECT througout the movie. :lol:

This is what a RE movie should be like IMHO. Pretty awesome.

Leon's hair has gone through falling debris, into a pool of water, and wrestling with zombies, but his hair remains PERFECT througout the movie.

Well, maybe that's a wig, a very expensive one. :ph34r:

Anyone else thought Angela looks like Angelina Jolie?

Yup, kinda alike, maybe that's why she called Angela hehe.

This time they introduced a new character Angela to team up with Leon, I like definitely like her(her looks, character development etc), but I felt it would have been better if Ada or Claire would have team up with Leon for more actions and homage.

I missed Ada, she was so cool and sexy in RE4.

I missed Ada, she was so cool and sexy in RE4.

QFT.

Ada's awesome and sexayyy.

Just to confirm, Degen takes place between RE 4 and RE 5 right? Right now a bucha pharmaceutical companies are fighting for dominance over the vaccuum left by Umbrella Corp....and till now we still don't know wtf is Wesker's plans ?

Liked the movie, makes me want to try playing the games.

I understand it, Claire is already established so she can hit the ground running, besides I didn't feel she was shafted... she dominated the first act, had lots of screentime in the second and in the third she still played a major roll (albiet from the sidelines). Also she had a lot going on, like learning that her work hindered the development of the vaccine etc etc.

Ahh i see. I didn't know that.

Caught it last night. The action was fun...especially when Leon threw Claire his handgun. Oh sure he should've handed her a weapon in the 1st place but decided to only give it to her when she was surrounded. :rolleyes:

Well it didn't seem they had an extra weapon to spare. So he gave her his gun when he couldn't use it.

QFT.

Ada's awesome and sexayyy.

Just to confirm, Degen takes place between RE 4 and RE 5 right? Right now a bucha pharmaceutical companies are fighting for dominance over the vaccuum left by Umbrella Corp....and till now we still don't know wtf is Wesker's plans ?

actually I think that this movie takes place right before RE4 (they say the movie is 7 years after the raccoon city incident, RE4 is about 8 years), but after umbrella chronicles.

wouldn't everything be after the umbrella chronicles seeing how that's just piecing together from 0-3?

the last like level or 2 are all new content, it deals with Jill and Chris leading some sort of paramilitary deal against the last Umbrella corp. bioweapon facility in Russia.

Watched this last night, it was kind of like watching someone play an entire RE game via FMV, i really liked it. Leon is bad ass in this movie and the "Tyrant" like creature in this one has a fantastic character design. There were some sketchy CGI parts, but i think it was easy to ignore in lieu of the story.

Well it didn't seem they had an extra weapon to spare. So he gave her his gun when he couldn't use it.

Haha, just watched this and that was the first thing my son and I both said, give her a gun!!!

So Leon tosses her his gun and he pulls a backup gun out to finish, might as well give her the backup gun in the first place, you know she can use it.

And where was Leon keeping all his extra magazines?!?!?!? I want to know so I can do that. I usually only carry two extra mags when I carry concealed.

Also, what was the point of having Angela in a dress at the end????

And another thing about those SWAT guys. WTF???? I'm just going to rush in and pick this guy up that's lying on the ground? Ummm...no.

Spraying and Praying?? No, I only have so many magazines on me, I better make it last.

zombie2.jpg

All in all, I did like the movie. It held my interest that my son and I watched it late at night and didn't get to sleep till 3am. It's a school night too, I'm a bad father.

where did you guys see this at? I know the dvd comes out on the 27th.

the Japanese version's already out, but the Japanese version is in English with Japanese subtitles.

so we're watching the Japanese version obtained through various methods of the internet.

the Japanese version's already out, but the Japanese version is in English with Japanese subtitles.

so we're watching the Japanese version obtained through various methods of the internet.

Is there going to be a DVD version? I have seen the commercial for it and only talk about the goodness of it being available only for Blu-ray

Probably, but I'm starting to miss the classicness of Resident Evil, sort of getting tired of mutated humans who are just blood lusting and aren't even zombies : / which is why I'm bummed about Resident Evil 5, but excited cause it's going to add so many cool new elements.

Is there going to be a DVD version? I have seen the commercial for it and only talk about the goodness of it being available only for Blu-ray

yes, like someone else said, US DVD will be on the 27th of December, most of us are just too impatient to wait that long.

Finally saw it, and LOVED it! old-school shambling zombies kick-ass!! i loved the fact that they used the classic zombie type for most of the first parts (and i must admit, the designes of these zombies were nothing short of fantastic!). great character design for Claire Redfield, and cute flashback scenes of her and Leon in their old RE attires. :)

I hope they make another one like this. Claire rocks!! i want more. :)