iMacross Server FAQ

boinger

The iMacross Server FAQ

*******Only those that have the servers can post in this thread for updates.

Use email or PM to ask the iMacross admins a question. Anyone else that

posts in this thread will find their posts deleted. Thank you.********

CONTENTS :

A. iMacross user agreement
(old hotline imacross user agreement slightly edited by Lebhead)

B. iMacross server logon information
(original post by Lebhead - Jan 30/2003)

C. Frequently asked questions (FAQ)
(written by boinger of imacross4 with additions by charles55 of imacross5)

A. iMACROSS USER AGREEMENT:

****************||iMacross||****************************************************

1.) Do NOT annoy the admins
2.) Check the macrossworld imacross FAQ thread for news updates.
3.) Read the agreement carefully before entering.
4.) And finally, PLEASE upload any files or relevant stuff.

**************Agreement*******************************************************

By entering an iMacross server, you agree that you do not work for and are not
associated with any form of law enforcement or government agency. Also, by
entering you agree that nothing seen here can be used against the owner of this
server in a court of law or a legal suit - criminal or civil.
Employees of Harmony Gold are not welcome here and may not enter under
any circumstances.
This server is for my personal use only. The only reason I allow outside login is
for users to use the chat functions. All files are only for ME to download. It is
illegal for anyone else to download the files posted on this server (unless they are
freeware/shareware files) and I will not be held responsible for whatever actions
users of this server take. You are also not allowed to upload any copyrighted
materials. Doing so will violate U.S. copyright laws. Any violation of these terms of
agreement will be of your own accord, such that this server and it's owner take no
responsibility for any results of your actions.
Finally, by entering you agree that you ARE the owner of this server and no one
else -OR- you will agree to the terms stated above and will just be using this
server as a chat service to communicate with other users or to download
authorized freeware or shareware.

**************iMacross Administration********************************************

B. iMACROSS SERVER LOGON INFORMATION

On these servers you will be able to download the entire Macross 7 series, including movies, sequels, extras, etc.

You will also find other Macross material that has not been officially imported into the U.S. as well, like Flashback 2012.

Important Note!

Buy the DVDs, BDs, music CDs and video games whenever affordable!

Support Macross and Robotech by buying the officially released products as they become available within your country.
Thank you!

iMacross Servers

Galaxy Network Web Blog

Server Name: Galaxy Network
Server Type: bittorrent
Hours: Permanent website
Server Admin: Gubaba
Admin e-mail:

February 7, 2009: The Complete Macross Translation Project has (temporarily stalled)!

Archive Scans Web Blog

Server Name: Archive Scans
Server Type: .magnet and torrents
Server Admin: TwinkiePlatter
Admin e-mail: archive.4chan@gmail.com

A great selection of Macross art books and line art!
And other anime stuff, too
!

PM TwinkiePlatter, if you have any more Macross art books that you have scanned,
so he can add them onto Archive Scans.

MacrosShare website:

Server Name: MacrosShare
Server Type: Streaming, Mediafire, etc.
Server Admin pm MacrossWorld:(requested deletion)
Server Admin pm MacrosShare: (requested deletion)
Admin e-mail:
(defunct)@gmail.com

Password:
macrosshare.blogspot.com
OR
by markcell

OR

archive

Macross Share Forum offline !
(October 26/12: offline due to transfer to new Yuko forum)

Macrosshare Blog Website Contents:

A Spanish and English Macross webpage.

Books

Comics

Fan Edits

Games

Miscellaneous

Movies

OVAs

Series

Soundtracks

Streaming Video Fan Edits

Streaming Video Game WalkThroughs

Streaming Video Miscellaneous

Streaming Video Movie

Streaming Video Music

Streaming Video OVA

Streaming Video Series

Macrosshare Material Request List

Updated September 10, 2014
Or anything Macross you can find that just is not on the iMacross servers, thanks!

********************************************************************************

To access the iMacross servers:

iMacross servers have redirected all files to external file lockers, bittorrents and

streaming videos..

A very good software for free and easy file locker downloading:
jDownloader
Copy and paste web links into jDownloader and enter in your premium or collector's account settings.

Good to go!

A recommended bittorrent downloading software is

thel uTorrent bittorrent software

1. run the uTorrent bittorrent software
2. top left of uTorrent, "click" file, "click" open, "click" torrent file
3. "click" add file and look on your computer for the downloaded bittorrent file
4. on the same window as (3.), "click" browse to pick a place on your computer to save the full version of the file
5. see how many people are up/downloading on the file
6. go do something else for a couple of weeks, this will take a while.

Note:
For bittorrent sharing: Once you have a full copy, then try to stay online to allow the macross bittorrent to be shared,

otherwise the download speed will remain pretty slow.

Pro s:
1. superfast download speed ( when lots of people connected )
2. you can pick up lots of bittorrent seed files and download the whole file or a specific file under a directory for later

Con s:
1. can usually only download or upload 1-2 files at a time
2. bittorrent servers are not always online, but I try to be
3. after a couple of weeks, it looks like everybody who has the file already would not be online to share and download

the file to you. So, you have to regularly check anime bittorrent websites for current bittorrent seed files.

C. FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

1. How often are the iMacross servers online and how can I tell that they are online?
2. Why do I get disconnected from the iMacross server?
3. Why is my connection speed so slow?
4. What video / audio / pictures / manga, etc. files are on each server?
5. How do I get the video file to work?
6. How can I watch these videos with an Apple computer? (info. by ewilen)
7. How do I get the games to work?
8. How do I get all these split files to go back into one file?
9. ***How can I give back to the iMacross community?***

1. How often are the iMacross servers online and how can I tell that they are online?

The current iMacross servers are online 24 hours a day because all of the files are hosted externally.

2. Why do I get disconnected from the iMacross server?

You might want to recheck your internet connection, network card, router settings or
file locker logon settings in your download sofware.

3. Why is my connection speed so slow?

Check to see if you are doing more downloading than just using file locker downloading.
My internet speeds drop when I'm uploading at the same time as downloading.

4. What video / audio / pictures / manga, etc. files are on each server?

You can browse the blog using the built in search engine to find specific posts or select

a category and see what posts are there.

5. How do I get the video file to work?
( no sound or no video or neither )

Use CCCP video codec package, which includes Zoom player

and Media player classic.

***Once you install, you sometimes have to restart your computer to get the divx software to work.
Double- check that VSfilter/DirectVobSub has "always load" to make sure that the .ass/.ssa subtitles

show up properly when playing .mkv video files.***

6. How can I download/upload or even watch these videos with an Apple computer?
[write up by ewilen]

MPlayer OSX Extended software

http://www.mpegx.com...dcat=VideoCodec
Source of 3ivX codec and DivX Doctor II tool.
ffmpegX is a powerful tool for converting audio/video files.
If you want to view a movie in the IV50 video format , you probably need to use the Classic version of Movie Player.
The mAC3dec codec available on www.insaneness.com can be used in in conjunction with the DivX software

to hear AC3 tracks in Quicktime. You can also convert the AC3 to AIFF, open in MoviePlayer, and then play

the video and audio simultaneously in separate windows. Primitive, but it works.

7. How do I get the games to work?

Currently Nero burning rom software can do nrg, iso, cue (and bin)

I these formats are supported by nero. You can use CDRWin, Clonecd, ImgBurn or Nero burning rom software to make a copy for yourself.

Emulator software for psx, dos, and classic console games is provided in the games folders. You will have to do a

search on the internet to see how to get the games working. The macrossworld games section is a good place to ask.

8. How do I get all these split files to go back into one file??

Use WinRAR software or HJSplit software to reintegrate the rapidshare files into one file.
Check to see if a password is required for reintegrating file with WinRAR software: macrosshare.blogspot.com, archive, etc.

9. How can I give back to the iMacross community?

Once you have downloaded a whole lot of Macross goodness, you might feel that you would like to give something back.

II. Start your own file sharing server:

A. If you find that you connections to the imacross servers are just fast enough to download, but not upload then make your files available on Azureus file sharing software.

To enable the built in AZUREUS tracker for sharing your azureus-made bittorrents, you have to enable the azureus built in Distributed tracker/server settings.
1. tools/options/connection - all boxes checked
2. tools/options/plugins/distributed db - all boxes checked, ip and port number open
3. tools/options/plugins/distributed tracker - all boxes checked
4. tools/options/tracker/server - all boxes checked except for 2 passwords and non-blocking option. Open up internet firewall ports http and https.
5. tools/nat firewall test - checking that UDP/TCP firewall port is open
6. see 3 green balls at bottom of azureus window, good to go! smile.gif
7. consult www.portforward.com for azureus tips for your router

B. Upload files to a file locker and post the web-links in the Macrosshare Cbox or comments section of a blog post.

I recommend using a file locker like Send Space or submit a bittorrent onto a torrent website or use Bittorrent Sync
for direct file sharing..

C. You can submit private, password protected videos to Youtube, Vimeo, Veoh or Dailymotion to share with

your friends.

Specific queries about servers would be best sent to the particular imacross server admininistrator.

Edited by boinger

imacrossIII is actually running a fserve on AnimeSkyScraper. You will need mIRC. Go here to download the client. Once you have it installed and runing connect to irc.mircx.com. Then join channel #animeskyscraper. Be sure and read the topic and rules.

I will write up a better guide later.

how can i get files off these servers one of them says the remote host refuses me and the other server times out whating to connect

and i conected to te mirc server but its a chat program not a file server so how do i get the files??

sorry just wanna know

how can i get files off these servers one of them says the remote host refuses me and the other server times out whating to connect

and i conected to te mirc server but its a chat program not a file server so how do i get the files??

sorry just wanna know

If you went to AnimeSkyScraper use !list. It will give a list of the feservers that are up. It will also give the trigger. You can also use !xdcc to find files.

I am working on a guide. Should be done with it soon.

Didn't knew that everthing was different here. I went on holiday for 6 weeks and everthing is screwed here....anyway like to tell you that my fileserver ( Nighttiger's pictures database)is not online. I got a e-mail of my ISP and my countrys riaa. (het brein) that i can't do that. So there for i shut everthing down. Now i only can download and much as i want but not upload ...strange world here. If their are any request of putting all macross pictures in one big zip file and put it on winmx and the imacross servers. Then i will be my pleasure

e-mail me at nighttiger@wanadoo.nl

with the sublect macross rules.

If i get over 10 ppl how want it i will make the file

i also do other pic. like planes, cars, animals, anime, henati erocti cartoons , comic books.....so e-mail me

• 2 weeks later...

IF ANY MOD SEES ANYTHING WRONG WITH THE INFORMATION IN THE FOLLOWING, PLEASE LET ME KNOW

In an effort to provide some pointers for Mac (and other non-Windows) users, let me offer a few links. Some of these links are useful for Windows, too.

http://www.mpegx.com/cat.php?dcat=VideoCodec Video codecs and tools for various platforms

http://www.3ivx.com/ Source of 3ivX codec and DivX Doctor II tool. (Among other tricks, the latter can sometimes recover the sound on .avi's.)

Apple Support information on Codecs Has links to Indeo Video Codecs (Mac OS Classic only, unfortunately) and explains how to determine the sound and video formats of a given movie. Note: the IV50 video format is a version of Indeo Video. If you want to view a movie in that format, you probably need to use the Classic version of Movie Player. UPDATE 1/19/06: See below on flip4mac.

DivX Macintosh page Probably useful on its own, but especially so in conjunction with the AC3 codec (next item).

www.insaneness.com The AC3 codec available on this page can be used in in conjunction with the DivX software to hear AC3 tracks in Quicktime.

Another decoder that might be worth looking into is ffusion. I don't use it so I can't comment on it.

To sort out codec/decoder confusion, this FAQ might help. I've read that 3ivX may be superior to DiVX for watching certain movies in QT player. Frankly, I don't know how the player prioritizes decoders, but if you run into trouble you can selectively remove the decoders from the :Library:Quicktime folder (OS X) or the Extensions:Quicktime Extensions folder (Classic).

mAC3dec (search Google for it) is a Mac Classic and OS X utility which can convert AC3 audio to AIFF or MP3. May be useful if you can't get the AC3 codec to work. (E.g., DivX Doctor strips out AC3 audio and doesn't convert it, but it saves it to a file. If you're desperate, you could convert the AC3 to AIFF, open in MoviePlayer, and then play the video and audio simultaneously in separate windows. Primitive, but it works.)

The tools at http://www.videolan.org/ come highly recommended from another MW user. Chief among them is VLC, a multiplatform video player. Direct link to the VLC page here. I don't know if it requires any of the codecs mentioned above (I already had them installed before trying it.) VLC offers a number of advanced features not available in QT Player, including slo-mo and (if you fiddle with the advanced preferences) the ability to adjust contrast/brightness. (These don't adjust "on the fly"--you have to stop playback entirely, make the adjustment, then restart playback.)

ffmpegX is a powerful tool for converting audio/video files. The installation instructions explain how to install several necessary ancillary tools, so once you've finished you may have all you need to watch most downloaded video. I've barely begun exploring it but it looks like it can be used to (help) create VCD's and even DVD's out of video files.

BitTorrent Introduction

BitTorrent download page including direct links to Windows and Mac OS X installers.

Excellent, multiplatform BitTorrent FAQ: FAQ-o-Matic format Traditional format

Another tool is mldonkey, a multi-platform, multi-network P2P client. This will get you started: http://www.nongnu.org/mldonkey/

For questions on burning DVDs and VCDs, some good places to start include:

http://www.afterdawn.com/ (note there are also forums linked off the main page)

http://www.videohelp.com/

http://www.doom9.org/

Finally, note that WMV3 files are not playable on Macs, except possibly if you use Virtual PC. Look here for lots of discussion and info. UPDATE 1/19/06: flip4mac may have changed this. See below.

Flip4Mac has a player and plugins for playing WMV files in OS X. The plugins work with Quicktime-enabled software. It's possible that they allow playing WMV3 and/or Indeo Video files, but I haven't tested. In any case, with this software you can now avoid Microsoft's crappy Media Player for Mac (which MS is discontinuing). More info: MS Windows Media Player Page and Microsoft's Flip4Mac Page. They have a link to what they call "Windows Media® Components for QuickTime" but I think it's the same thing as Flip4Mac.

Edited by ewilen

• 2 weeks later...

nighttiger's picture database is offline permanently. (you can contact him directly at nighttiger@wanadoo.nl )

imacross 2 (i don't know)

imacross 3 is on mirc on Animeskyscraper

imacross 4 online.

imacross 5 ( i don't know )

imacross 6 (i've never been able to connect)

***ewilen's post for apple software info. is a keeper on this thread!

posts to delete under this thread, if a moderator should happen to drop by:

Death

Lu523 (aug 23, 25)

Nighttiger

Contact me or the imacross server admins. directly if you have a question or you'd like me to add some important info. to the faq. I'm just keeping this a faq thread and you can ask questions on the other ongoing imacross server thread.

Thanks!

• 5 months later...

my FTP server is online now:

imacrossvii.myftp.org

anonymous logins are download only

MW members (no new members sorry) can PM me for a login name and Password.

EDIT-->3/16 If you IM me, because of the hours I keep, you may have trouble getting ahold of me. a PM works best.

I'm cleaning out the drive to allow more space for uploads/downloads

My FTP server will be up as long as my machine is... I may do "blackout" periods if my bandwidth gets out of hand.

EDIT-->3/14 my machine runs Norton Antivirus Corp Ed. on a 24hr update schedule, all files are automatically scanned... bad/virus uploaders and grieffers will have their IPs banned

EDIT--> 3/16 after first week of use I have been averaging 100MB per day (30GB per month?). I have already experienced one Application crash, so far it appears to be an Isolated issue.

FYI my server supports "resuming" downloads, if you get dropped... try again! depending on your FTP software it might start again from where it dropped.

EDIT--> 3/17 my FTP software seems to be having problems with uploads, I have updated to the latest release... I'm keeping a close eye on it

EDIT--> 3/23 doing a bunch of major software updates (upgraded AV software, general MS updates), had to bring down server. I should have the server back up tonight, possibly tomorow morning when I get home from work.

Edited by Southcross

• 5 weeks later...

!!!!FYI!!!

you DO NOT NEED A SPECIAL LOGON TO ACCESS VII

+a special login is only required to Upload files. you can download using an Anonymous login.

+the number of total simultanious logins is limited to save bandwith, even though its gonna be a flood for a while (I can see it, my Bittorrent app is at a crawl)

+if your DL fails, my FTP server supports resuming downloads... just try again, just don't delete the original or clear your internet cache

• 10 months later...

Hi. Just a quick post...I heard there was a Homeworld mod on one of these servers and I'm quite interested in it. However, I can't seem to log into any servers. Is there a website or some other means of obtaining this mod?

Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a suggestion/proposition for all the iMacross server guys.

Now that boinger is running a Direct Connect Hub we can see the advantages of it.

- no login problems (thousands of user online simultaneously)

- sharing with multiple users at a time (downloads and uploads)

- public chat and private messaging functions (like messenger)

As I said on the other topic, I think this community have enough potential to create a big and active Hub.

I mean, there is 5 different FTP servers each one offering files alone, and there is a IRC server alone too.

One single Hub can join all those servers into one single network for a massive sharing and chatting with everyone at the same time.

boinger is already running the Hub.

Now iMacross server guys just have to get in the hub to have all iMacross servers together in one single place. And a Hub have chatting capabilities so people on the IRC server can join too.

Of course, if everything is concentrated in one server, that server should be online 24/7. That is hard to do for one single person, so the server that can stay online most of the time and more than the others could run the Hub.

However, a Hub can join serveral servers into one. i.e. a multi-server Hub.

yeeeesssss... serveral PCs running the same Hub so if one server goes down the Hub remains online on the other servers.

That's it... the first step is done, a Hub is running. The rest is up to you guys.

Where I live there is a very wise proverb that says "Querer es poder" ("if you want to, you can").

see you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

imacross 4 online

What worked for me was to register my macrossworld name and a password.

So, everybody logging onto imacross 4 dc hub

pm me with your name and a simple passoword and I'll register you.

Hopefully, that fixes the temporary ban.

Otherwise, somebody else could start a dc hub, I could restart my ftp sever, or we could just pick a solid connecting dc hub and all meet there.

any other ideas?

Edited by boinger

Imacross4 dc hub online.

I couldn't get my ftp server to work. "Port 21 in use"

back to dc hub:

imacross4.myftp.org:411

logon name: (macrossworld name)

password (whatever you would like)

port number updated to 411

June 20/05

imacross 4 offline until I can find a more reliable isp !

Edited by boinger

• 5 months later...

Hello:

This is boinger of the defunct imacross4 server. I can only speak for myself about the sudden change in isp pricing and bandwidth issues in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada 2005.

Due to the passing of a recent copyright law on internet file sharing, media copyright holders have the possibility of suing isp for "potential losses". The isp are just covering themselves by limiting the amount of filesharing that goes on and make people so fed up with filesharing that buying the official products would be so much easier. And yet, there are no official north american products for stuff that I found on the internet and I like, e.g. the complete episodes of mst3k. , macross zero, etc.

Unless I pay $50.00 more to shaw cable or mts adsl, then I will remain at a quarter of the speed and bandwidth that I had 6 months ago. With the additional $50.00 to shaw cable, my internet speed doubles and bandwidth doubles from what I have right now, but then that is still half of what I was doing 6 months ago.

I have been effectively cut off from being a file sharing server by Shaw cable. I have been warned 3 times by shaw cable about excessive use of my internet connection and have had to wait a week to be reconnected to the internet. I have been waiting weeks and months to download tv shows and movies from filesharing apps like shareaza. Not that I cannot download or upload faster, but that I'm only allowed so much to download or upload in a month. I have checked all the other isp in Winnipeg and there are no alternatives other than becoming an isp myself.

You can go here to find all the anime or macross that you would like at a faster download speed than I can provide.

B))

• 3 months later...
Welp, since this is now basically a dead thread I'm unpinning it.  Until the next iMacross project comes along.

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...opic=148&st=120

369820[/snapback]

:lol: WTF! I finally got iMacrossVII back online (baring a new firewall issue with my router I hope to fix this evening) @ 6:45am this morning... so the iMacross "project" is dead now? :angry:

Welp, since this is now basically a dead thread I'm unpinning it.  Until the next iMacross project comes along.

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...opic=148&st=120

369820[/snapback]

:lol: WTF! I finally got iMacrossVII back online (baring a new firewall issue with my router I hope to fix this evening) @ 6:45am this morning... so the iMacross "project" is dead now? :angry:

370260[/snapback]

We can repin this if you're back up and running.

Okay re-pinning since Southcross's iMacrossVII is up.

B))

hey... I run a machine (three now) off my own hard earned money.... bad enough Comcast gouges the crap out of me <_< I've putting up with having to accomodate countless numbers of peeps... no donations... complains and whining... lots and lots of whine... but no crackers and cheese :angry: I really like crackers and cheese...

New Server Specs:

Compaq

AMD K6-2 533

256mb RAM

20gig HD

on a 4 MB Cable Modem connection

Upload limited to 256MB (due to federal regs on residential connections)

Firewalled on a 100MBs local connection

Protected by Symantec AV Corporate

and Last but not least.... Uploading information...

the only thing I would like to see uploaded for my benefit.... active anime .torrents

Login: MWUser

Password: Robotech4Ever :p (exactly as it appears, caps included)[/b][/u]

Based on any abuses, permissions and such may change...

• 1 month later...

Going to bring IMacross3 back online. Content is not what it used to be. I have moved alot of things around. I have also lost some things. Anyway here is the server info.

server:lu-valk.dyndns.org port:21

user:IMacross3

password:VF1-J

This is a ftp running on an adsl connection. Speed may not be the best. I will keep it up as long as I can.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

7 was down for a few days while I moved the server into my new fancy "donated" server cabinet :shock:

Please... if you like the iMacross Service... consider donating!

Bandwidth, storeage, maintenance, and etc can be murder on a single person's budget!

• 1 month later...

7 down again temporarily for some hardware moving/upgrading... sorry for any inconvience.

I'm looking at doing a serious RAID upgrade, need donations... even small ones would be awesome! :D

southcross -at- gmail -dot- com

Hello:

iMacross 4 online.

Azureus bittorrent client software only.

Bandwidth restrictions by Shaw Cable.

Whoever has downloaded a partial or full copy of any of the macross bittorrents that I have created and hosted on the Azureues bittorrent client/server software, please stay online with Azureus bittorrent client as long as possible. I have had to decrease my upload speed to comply with Shaw Cable's bandwidth limitations. The more people online sharing these macross bittorrents, the better the download speeds.

Today, I just received a phone call from Shaw Cable, my isp, about bandwidth usage. I have to reduce the upload bandwidth just so I do not get banned for 2 weeks.

You can start downloading any time and all you have to do is wait a month or so for the download to complete. For the next 2-3 days, I will be checking on the Shaw website to see how much I can play around with the bandwidth limitations (3 gb per day = upload + download = approx. 30 kb/s continuous).

boinger

Edited by boinger

• 2 months later...

After a few weeks on the lamb, I've completed the migration to my new server... Dell PowerEdge w/ 1 Gig of RAM, Dual Processor Capable, up to 6 hotswap U2 hard drives, 8 Gigs of HD space allocated to FTP services... hope to have more Hard drives in the next week or so.

All login information is still the same

Folder layout should still be the same

• 2 weeks later...

VII back down again :angry: I was sold a defective LVD HD, it shorted-out and took out 4 of th 6 drive slots on my server's backplane.... was hoping to increase storage space, now it looks like I'm going to have to buy another drive and replace the backplane... Donations would be appreciated, server parts are not cheap :angry:

southcross [at] gmail [dot] com