Bandai Macross Frontier toys thread

valhary

According to the Official Blog, it appears that the DX will be on display (along with the 1/100 and the Origin of Valkyrie series) in this weekend's Chara Hobby (http://www.chara-hobby.com/)

KICK ASS! See that people? News that actually has to do with the damn toy. Thats what I'm talking about. Thanks for the translation man.

For this thread, I think all irrelevant(as in, model kit) posts/pics could be deleted, and all newsworthy images/blurbs be posted on the 1st page, as well as the page they were posted on initially. That way one need not post on the 1st page to get all the news, but could, as an option.

I am anxious to see more 1/55 Origin of Valkyrie releases, the new 1/100s, and the extent of their parts swapping(please just be the landing gears....!), and especially the DX's.

Hmmn. If there is to be a flurry of new pics due to Chara Hobby, now would be a good time to close these threads and start new ones. I'm not going to do it tonight though---but other mods are welcome to. :)

PS--of course, assuming we see NEW stuff from Chara Hobby. Not the same old hand-painted rapid-prototyped samples we've seen the past few months.

If there are impending new pics from Bandai then now is the perfect time to start a new thread. Or maybe Bandai will announce more Frontier toys in yet another scale, none of the photos will be referenced as to what's what and we'll all spiral into oblivion.

Edited by eriku

I plan to basically follow the YF-19 v2 thread style for the 1/72 thread----thread will run normally, but new pics and info will be added to the first post, so that people can just keep checking the first post to keep up to date---discussion/rumors will be in the posts themselves. As that thread is pretty much 1/60-free and much shorter than this one, it will remain intact, and there will be no new 1/72 thread.

This thread is beyond saving, and the new 1/60 thread will be run similarly to the 1/72 thread will be (new pics in first post etc), but will be "ruled with an iron fist" in that no new pics will be allowed without mod approval.

I also plan to make a 1/100 thread, to keep it separate from the 1/60 and 1/72. (now that we have "grey unpainted prototype pics" of all 3 sizes, it'll only get worse).

I think part of the problem is that the 1/72 is much further along, but there's much more interest in the 1/60---so as we keep getting more 1/72 stuff, people keep getting jumpy hoping that new pic if the 1/60---but it almost never is. While all the new pics ARE of the 1/72 usually--so they find their way into the 1/72 thread just fine.

According to the Official Blog, it appears that the DX will be on display (along with the 1/100 and the Origin of Valkyrie series) in this weekend's Chara Hobby (http://www.chara-hobby.com/)

トイ(コレクターズ)コーナーではVF-25のDX超合金や1/100スケールアクションフィギュア、そして旧作より「オリジン・オブ・バルキリー」シリーズを一挙展示しちゃいます!

They better be new pictures or else... :ph34r:

トイ(コレクターズ)コーナーではVF-25のDX超合金や1/100スケールアクションフィギュア、そして旧作より「オリジン・オブ・バルキリー」シリーズを一挙展示しちゃいます!

Thanks for the awesome news GGemini!

I remember two years ago (or was that three) when the first pics of the YF-19 showed up at Chara Hobby. Good times.