Bandai Macross Frontier toys thread

valhary

Maybe I'm just spoiled as to how well and how true Yamato stay's close to the official lineart, but Bandai's VF-25 still looks like a overweight Chunky Monkey. The transformable parts are clearly visible on that fighter mode, and stand out quite some bit. It still looks like a "toy" rather than a collectible masterpiece.

Overall it still needs a lot of improvement to reach Yamato standards, but this will do just fine. :]

Edited by OmegaD3k

Please lets not give any ideas like these, <_< some of us would like Michel's after Alto's and Lee's. B))

well, i want michel's valk too. but this is bandai, and it seems for every couple of new gundams they release a new zeon mech.

they're probably thinking enemy mechs would have better sales near the start of the toyline rather than towards the end where only the completists would get them. they've even prototyped the red vajra already (although not sure if that's a 1/60 toy or a 1/72 model).

regardless of the release order, my interest would be more on bandai producing the whole lot. yes, including the koenig and the quarter ^_^

well, i want michel's valk too. but this is bandai, and it seems for every couple of new gundams they release a new zeon mech.

they're probably thinking enemy mechs would have better sales near the start of the toyline rather than towards the end where only the completists would get them. they've even prototyped the red vajra already (although not sure if that's a 1/60 toy or a 1/72 model).

regardless of the release order, my interest would be more on bandai producing the whole lot. yes, including the koenig and the quarter ^_^

Then again, Bandai does tend to release it's products at a faster pace... though I don't care. Michel next, then I pretty much don't care what follows... :) Alright, Qaud with Klan would be perfect afterwards. :)

Its starting to look better and better, I think pick up both of them instead of one only ^_^ .

I feel the same. And now I'm even down to the idea of getting these two, and not the new 1/60 until the 1J is out... :)

I'm falling more in love with this VF-25...

PS, Hot avatar... Who is she?

Is it me, or does the VF-25F's head looks... chubby?

That might be due to Kawamori asking for a head shape change that's not apparent in the lineart. The article scan posted by mickayesou mentions that Kawamori wanted a "/ \" shape for the head when viewed from the front.

Aside from that and the torso area that seems to bother me to no end(Hope that doubt goes away when they final product emerges.), it's looking good.

The same article suggests that the torso is the part they're having difficulty with balancing the look with stability and sturdiness.

This is getting me so wet!

I have to take a "mental health" day leave of absence to go play with myself now!

But really. This is fantastic. I am so glad that so far Bandai's product is looking much better than I expected.

Definitely likening the Alto version most. I wonder if that will come with fast packs or if only the Ozama one will? Does anyone know?

http://macrossf.fc.yahoo.co.jp/index.php?itemid=26

DX super alloy 1/60 scale “VF-25 messiah” take off!!

c0052350_4865b13d5b03d.jpg

DX super alloy VF-25F messiah (alto)

Price: 12,600 Yen (estimate value)

Release Date : 2008 November

Sale : bandai collectors division

c0052350_4865b13e07a47.jpg

DX super alloy VF-25S messiah (Ozma)

Edited by paper2k1

Yeah, I can tell it is still a prototype even though these are the first colored prototypes of the DX. I have so far not been disappointed. I am remembering back to the earlier prototype pics we saw of this thing and there were so many people convinced that we were seeing the final product just because we were seeing something. Even now with colored models of the toy we still aren't seeing the final version (probably not even done with that yet since it is for November release). Heheh, patience is a virtue.

http://macrossf.fc.yahoo.co.jp/index.php?itemid=26

DX super alloy 1/60 scale “VF-25 messiah” take off!!

c0052350_48655215c025e.jpg

DX super alloy VF-25F messiah (alto)

c0052350_4865523a8c34b.jpg

DX super alloy VF-25S messiah (Ozma)

12,600 Yen ~ 119 U.S $ (118.7676 U.S. dollars to be exact)

Ha ha, Yamato will crap their pants if this price holds...

Competition..., indeed a beautiful thing.

zebu

True! If this price holds I will be able to get all the ones I want instead of just one or two.

1. Luca recon

2. Alto with FP

3. Ozama with armor

4. VF-27

5. Macross Quarter

6. Vajra

7. Mironizable Klan Klan with QRau

8. Nyan Nyan cakes.

Ozma looks cooler.

And about the price: if these sell well let's hope bandai do some NEW macross 7 valks too. I want a vf-11c with full armor thanks!

Bandai VF-22 would look funny next to the yamato yf-21. All the hard work is already done. All they have to do is clone the yamato toy and change a head and some plates. :D People will just end up buying a vf-22 and modding it to a yf-21 if it means they can save money.. :D

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Still don't like the changes made to the proportions but whatever, they took the external canopy hinge off. The other stuff is livable.

And yeah, that low price point really helps with that.

Yep. I just don't like the severe bendy leg when standing up straight. I just hope that the gunpod is strong material too, the way it opens up like that. Very good though how they made it work.

Colour protos make it look much better. I can't wait for close ups.

Also remember that since this is a Bandai, we can expect all sorts of tampo printed markings instead of stickers!!! Now we just need to see some good shots of the fighter mode!

Chris

Looks sexcellent to me.

It really looks like the 1/100 line is dead.

I wouldn't say for sure just yet, maybe Bandai decided to hold off til they are done engineering the DX figures, as the 1/100 line, though simpler, has potential for exponentially more releases.

Most DX releases from Bandai in recent years have had stands included. This includes their Soulspec figures too. I hope the Messiahs have stands...so graceful looking in flight.

liking the colour scheme of Alto's much better than Ozma's dull gray.

Oz will probably end up dying and Alto inherits the "cool older brother figure" robot.

Shot in the back while drunk and watching a hentai anime on his screen which distracted him long enough to get beaten in a dogfight. ..(er don't take it seriously I haven't watched far into the series yet, if that actually happened and I spoiled it, sorry. heh)

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Shot in the back while drunk and watching a hentai anime on his screen which distracted him long enough to get beaten in a dogfight. ..(er don't take it seriously I haven't watched far into the series yet, if that actually happened and I spoiled it, sorry. heh)

It wasn't a dogfight, he was shot by 3 Qraus simultaneously and wasn't aware they were there.

Actually Ozma is more likely going to die having been shot by 3 Q-Reas he didn't see like Shin said, but while he is watching a video of a live Fire Bomber concert.

(Truthfully I'm hoping Ozma will survive the series, I don't want to be doing carbon copy plot lines with the original Macross show).

Edited by Master Dex