Bandai Macross Frontier toys thread

valhary

Bandai have said 23cm for the 1/60 DX, but no idea if that is battroid height or fighter length.

The Macross Compendium gives the dimensions of the VF-25 as follows: -

Fighter mode:

Length: 18.72 m

Wingspan (full extended): 15.50 m

Height (without landing gear): 4.03 m

Battroid mode:

Height (with laser guns): 15.59 m

By comparison, the YF-19 dimensions are: -

Fighter mode:

Wing span (fully extended forward): 14.87m [14.89m]

Length overall: 18.62m

Height overall: 3.94m

As you can see the fighter modes of the 2 are very close in overall length, with the VF-25 being just 10cm (approx 4") longer than the YF-19.

Graham

Bandai have said 23cm for the 1/60 DX, but no idea if that is battroid height or fighter length.

The Macross Compendium gives the dimensions of the VF-25 as follows: -

Fighter mode:

Length: 18.72 m

Wingspan (full extended): 15.50 m

Height (without landing gear): 4.03 m

Battroid mode:

Height (with laser guns): 15.59 m

By comparison, the YF-19 dimensions are: -

Fighter mode:

Wing span (fully extended forward): 14.87m [14.89m]

Length overall: 18.62m

Height overall: 3.94m

As you can see the fighter modes of the 2 are very close in overall length, with the VF-25 being just 10cm (approx 4") longer than the YF-19.

Graham

From what I've been reading, 23cm would be the height of the battroid mode, though that's probably not including the head lasers (in the past, specced heights on bandai figs is usually the the top of the head, ignoring horns/shoulder pauldrons/back ridges/whatever), which would mean scale 13.8m for the head without lasers, which sounds about right. The head lasers on the vf-25 are pretty tall.

Overall, it should be about the size of the YF-19, maybe a tad shorter than the 19 in battroid mode.

Either way, it should be a decently big bird, even if it's a little shorter than expected, and the fast packs should really push it over the edge.

Can't wait to see armor packs for Ozma's 25! Hopefully Bandai wont deny us all the fixin's there!

Bandai probably does have plans to make a VF-27, but it might be longer before we see that come to fruition.

Maybe Yamato can make the 27 and they can re-enact the fierce battle between the 25 and 27 that I'm sure will eventually happen in the series (not counting the small struggle in ep. 9). That would be a Yamato/Bandai war there, personified in Macross Frontier valkyries. :rolleyes:

I'd wait and see how the VF-25s sell before investing the money, effort, and time on a VF-27. At least that's what I'd do if I were Bandai.

Shhh! Don't give wanna 'em any idea's that prevent them from making it sooner. ^_^

i'm gonna bet the VF-27 comes out before luca's, perhaps even before michel's.

Please lets not give any ideas like these, <_< some of us would like Michel's after Alto's and Lee's. B))

Heh, damned straight it better come with a knife! :) I hope this thing has landing gear. It looks like it has front landing gear, but I didn't see the hatches for the rear landing gera.

Heh, damned straight it better come with a knife! :) I hope this thing has landing gear. It looks like it has front landing gear, but I didn't see the hatches for the rear landing gera.

looks like there are joints on the outer calves...perhaps rear landing gear hint?

We know from the lineart that the shin is actually the rear landing gear door. In the pics from the New Hobby Japan posted a few pages back you can just about make out that there is a hinge for the shin to open.

Graham

Yea I agree this is looking better and better. One nitpick is that the lower legs seem to sit too low in fighter mode. The back of the legs (calves) should protrude past the backpack and wings instead of being kind of even like it is now. But that's probably just because its a prototype, im sure the production version will be better fitting.

Edited by Raptor One

Transformation wise the 25 looks like it shares more in common with the SV-51 than any other valk, which is pretty neat since the 25 is a cool, if ungainly, looking piece of work. The 25 will be like it's prettier, slimmer, cousin that gets all the attention at parties.

Looks worthy of buying.

Although, I would like for the knee joints to be a bit better and for Bandai to give us MG/PG quality hands, it'll do for now.

I'm only buying one and trying it out before I get anymore though. The latest poses don't look that well balanced to me, so I hope that a display stand is included.

I am GLAD BanDai is doing a nice Job with this Valk. I was really worried about having another Eureka tipe of toy line, or even worst... an Escaflowne line.

This looks really fantastic and I trust Bandai quality, more than the YAmato at least.

Cant wait to get this toy.

Is it me, or does the VF-25F's head looks... chubby?

Aside from that and the torso area that seems to bother me to no end(Hope that doubt goes away when they final product emerges.), it's looking good.

Good to see Bandai actually putting some effort into a Macross Valkyrie. But I'll wait for the VF-25S with GBP armor. That's the one I want :D

Edited by MangledMess