Bandai Macross Frontier toys thread

valhary

Does it include the Fast Pack?

I'm gonna say no, initially. If you look at the assortment photo above the prototype, you see Mikhail's and Luca's blue and green 25's, but neither one of them looks to have any additional parts beyond the main Valkyrie unit. Mikhail's is the more visible of the two, and doesn't look to have anything other than the standard gunpod - nothing extra on the shoulders, no sniper rifle, etc. I'm praying they don't make that an exclusive feature to the 1/60 DX line...

It's sort of odd, actually, since those two are never seen in the show without their packs equipped. Their 25's look rather skinny without the extra goodies.

However, knowing that Bandai has been great about including extra modification stuff with their MG Gundam models (sometimes enough to build your choice between multiple versions of a figure), perhaps it's just something we haven't seen yet.

Either way, I'm actually liking the 1/72 MG model versions better than the 1/60 DX so far. Better price point, and I get the pleasure of assembling them too!

No it's not. There's a sign saying it's a 1/72 in the picture I posted on the last page. There is no official news that these are MG kits. Their recent HGUC kits have gotten a lot better too. I would assume that it'd be something between a HG and a MG. Fighters in this scale will probably not have a full internal frame. Just the legs maybe.

In those pics it does say 1/72 but that is the color figure, the pics show that the gray figure is supposed to be the 1/60

I must say this is a VERY nice looking figure. I wonder how durable it will be considering it is made by Bandai.....right? Maybe the figures will come with the Bandai Action stand as well. That would be a nice bonus.

:ph34r:

Just to clear up the confusion:

The 1/60 DX is only seen on the ad that says DX and shows a grey resin prototype in 3 modes. The 1/72 kit is shown in color as Alto's VF-25F on action stands, as well as Ozma's VF-25S in battroid mode, and one in gerwalk mode. You can tell it is 1/72 as the sizes in battroid mode are the exact same. In conclusion, the only VF-25 on display is the 1/72 VF-25 plamo, the DX is only shown on an ad.

Thank You Shin!!! I was very confused by all of this but I thought they all looked like they where the same scale.

Chris

yeah, you can easily tell that the gray and the colored version is the same scale, just different type heads...

hence 1/100...

haha, just kidding... 1/72 scale.

I wouldn't be so disapointed it they were 1/100 :p

Thanks for clearing up all that confusion. I was wondering for the longest time if the 1/72 was the DX toy or the kit.

But hey if the 1/72 model kit looks that good and I can easily transform it, I may consider getting that instead of the 1/60 DX. But I am sure it won't be the same.

Nuts, I wish they'd all make it to a standard scale. That includesdes Yamato. And Yamato didn't write the scale for their early release. Anyone know what is the scale of the first VF-1 and YF-19, YF-21, VF-11 that Yamato did? I know there was a larger 1/48 scale later but what was the original scale?

Thanks

Thanks for clearing up all that confusion. I was wondering for the longest time if the 1/72 was the DX toy or the kit.

But hey if the 1/72 model kit looks that good and I can easily transform it, I may consider getting that instead of the 1/60 DX. But I am sure it won't be the same.

Nuts, I wish they'd all make it to a standard scale. That includesdes Yamato. And Yamato didn't write the scale for their early release. Anyone know what is the scale of the first VF-1 and YF-19, YF-21, VF-11 that Yamato did? I know there was a larger 1/48 scale later but what was the original scale?

Thanks

Yamato's first YF-19, YF-21 and VF-11 were 1/72. They started doing 1/60 with the first line of VF-1's

Yamato's first YF-19, YF-21 and VF-11 were 1/72. They started doing 1/60 with the first line of VF-1's

I find 1/72 too small for Macross toys. 1/60 all the way.

Anyway, i never owned any pricey Bandai toys before. They usually have good QC, right? I'm not expecting a cheaper product than anything Yamato. Bandai will have the monopoly on MacF toys and if they learned anything from Yamato, its that they can charge anything if they are the only ones making it.

Hopefully as mighty as the chunkys

HOPEFULLY being the key word. If it actually is......OMG!!! :rolleyes:

HOPEFULLY being the key word. If it actually is......OMG!!! :rolleyes:

I don't care about if it's as durable as a chunky.. I don't use my toys as clubs.. i just care that it doesn't look like a chunky monkey fell on the damn thing while the plastic was cooling.

I know this might be just random whining and wishful thinking, but I still have high hopes that Yamato will produce its 1/60 scale....

Doubtful since Bandai owns the rights for toy distribution and manufacturing. You can hope all you want, but unless something drastic occurs, Bandai will be making the toys.

Besides, it's a nice change to see something other then Yamato doing Macross. granted they make a good detailed toy, but with their QC flaws I think getting worse with each toy it'll be nice to see how a toy company with such a large background handles things.

I've owned many toys that are Bandai and I've never once had an issue with them unless it was user error. And these toys do look well made so far.

A 1/60 though would go well with Yamato's existing and future lines so we can see just how different the ages have gone for Valkyrie technology.

Besides, it's a nice change to see something other then Yamato doing Macross. granted they make a good detailed toy, but with their QC flaws I think getting worse with each toy it'll be nice to see how a toy company with such a large background handles things.

The last release, the SV-51 was pretty much flawless. The YF-19 only had very minor issues.

The new 1/60 VF-1 looks to be flawless (trust me on this).

As far as I'm concerned, the only Yamato Macross toys with major issues have been the arms on the VF-0 (since fixed) and the hip joints on the VF-11B (fixed on the Fast pack release).

Graham

Graham

Last time you told me to trust you I ended up in the hospital. <_<

But no....Really now....flawless? If so....YES YES YES!!!

I don't care about if it's as durable as a chunky.. I don't use my toys as clubs.. i just care that it doesn't look like a chunky monkey fell on the damn thing while the plastic was cooling.

Of course you don't care. ^_^

The last release, the SV-51 was pretty much flawless. The YF-19 only had very minor issues.

As far as I'm concerned, the only Yamato Macross toys with major issues have been the arms on the VF-0 (since fixed) and the hip joints on the VF-11B (fixed on the Fast pack release).

Graham

VF-1

- crotch rubber that comes out over time

- crooked skulls

SV-51

- both wings are given the same parts (left or right, can't remmeber) when they should be different parts.

- looseness on legs

- right armpit joint doesn't lock properly due to the right hinge being shaped slightly smaller than the left hinge

YF-19

- No torso lock

- Overall looseness of figure

- Crooked gunpod in fighter mode (fixed in FP version)

- Loose under-shoulder flap (fixed in FP version)

VF-0

- cracking shoulders

- very loose joints (on 1st VF-0S release)

don't forget the konig: couldn't figure out how to make the hip joints properly so we just shipped it anyways.

To be fair, the sv-51 wing hinge thing is only in some units, that's not a design or manufacturing issue, that's just bad QC. I have a 1st release DD sv-51 and it doesn't have the hinge issue, it's not systemic by any means. Nor is the lack of a torso lock on the yf-19 a design/manufacturing issue. That's just a wish/would be nice type thing.

Edited by eugimon

Meh. by that, takara, bandai, mega house should also have closed their doors. I still look at my SOC eva unit 2 that came with paint chips around the elbows out of the box, my MP 01 that came with chrome paint spilled around the roof of the cab and the left chest piece BENT to the point it won't lock in bot mode and MP 03 that came out of the box with a bent tail spike, and my tachikoma has joints that are so loose that it's jealous of my Vf-0s.

No ones perfect... and yeah, yamato really does seem to be the king of half assing it but honestly, a general decline in build quality seems to be a universal problem.

Don't forget:

1/72 YF-19 Ver 1: generally crappy (greatly improved with ver 1.5)

1/72 VF-11B (non-fast pack version): too tight to transform without breaking (greatly improved with fast pack ver)

1/60 VF-1 toys (the old ones with removable legs): chest locking mechanism very difficult to operate (probably greatly improved with the new 1/60 toys)

It's not that Yamato can't get it right. They just can't get it right the first time.

Dont' forget that the prototypes for those one where hand made.

my VF-11b didn't broke after about 100 transformations it still fille, no stress marks etc... I think this "problem" depends of the one that transform it .. or the way it's transformed.

my VF-11b didn't broke after about 100 transformations it still fille, no stress marks etc... I think this "problem" depends of the one that transform it .. or the way it's transformed.

That's sort of the typical response to QC problems by someone who happens to get a perfect specimen. However, I can assure you that it had nothing to do with me, or how I transformed it - the toy was just insanely tight. Please let your imagination fly for a moment, and conceive of the possibility that some people didn't get the same toy you did. :lol:

WRONG! Mine broke while CAREFULLY removing it from the box.

Chris

WRONG! Mine broke while CAREFULLY removing it from the box.

Chris

You didn't kick it out of the box did you? :p

Graham

I should of been a bit more specific in terms of Yamato's QC issues, but many of the products I've owned from them have somehow crapped out or got a lil flaw which can get annoying to look at. Loose legs, shoulders being snapped, Parts loosely put together and tend to fall out when out of the box, crooked skulls and gunpods, limp wrists. Hell, not even inspecting the product before putting it in the box....I'm sure some Garland fans remember me bitching about my missing handle bar and I wasn't the only one with this issue.

Meh. by that, takara, bandai, mega house should also have closed their doors. I still look at my SOC eva unit 2 that came with paint chips around the elbows out of the box, my MP 01 that came with chrome paint spilled around the roof of the cab and the left chest piece BENT to the point it won't lock in bot mode and MP 03 that came out of the box with a bent tail spike, and my tachikoma has joints that are so loose that it's jealous of my Vf-0s.

I'm not saying a toy company should close their doors for making a defective product. Granted, 1 out of 100 could of had some sort of a flop production process and you got a few of those.

I've had or still have toys that I would have to fix in order to keep them from going in the trash...for instance I had to fix my Titanium Megatron figure cause he kept falling down until this weekend when he took one final splat and now he's in the trash. No one wants him, no one cars about that version of him so meh, 15 dollars just went to some landfill.

I almost did the same t hing to my VF-0 since it's had some flaws or broken parts, but I just sort of glue them or see what I can do to keep them from falling and work with it.

I do wish bandai the bes tof luck with this toy seeing how all of us are going to be spending our paychecks to them for sometime with this toy line.

But I do sort of miss the days when these things were actually made with some care.