Bandai Macross Frontier toys thread

valhary

I still have reservations of the VF-25 to be part of Bandai's Chogokin DX line. The Aquarion while it has nice overall sculpt was pretty flimsy and hard to manage as a toy. It couldn't stand by itself without a help of a stand. But that's probably just because of the design of the Aquarion itself. Not too excited yet, but we'll see as more pictures turn up for it.

Well guys, I guess we've the answer to the question...I believe Bandai will be in charge B))

But the display stand for the fighter looks a lot like Yamato to me though :huh:

macross2yl2.jpg

1/72 scale.

credits goes to Yesou from Ikki63 ^_^

Was this a Bandai booth? I guess that means the 1/72 plastic model will be issued by Bandai as well. I hope they make it up to Hasegawa's standard.

By the way, did anyone notice the Roy Fokker scheme spacesuit displayed next to this booth/counter in front of a yellow T-shirt?

Well it depends on what Bandai gives us as the final product. If they look pretty, but have poor articulation like the M7 toys, then there would be a damned good reason for Yamato to pick up the license down the line and make some good versions of the MF toys.

Things are looking up, and I'm grinning and what I see. But I'm not going to start clapping until these come out and are reviewed.......... and a VF-171 is made well!

Photos from Winter Wonder Festival 2008. Thanks to MWer: SaveRobotech.

As far as we know so far, these are photos of: -

1. A rapid prototype of the 1/60 scale DX VF-25 Super.
  2. A rapid prototypes of the 1/72 scale VF-25 battroid and fighter mode plastic model kit.

From the photos, its obvious that these were knocked out extremely quickly on a rapid prototype machine from the anime CG files and have no articulation or moving parts. Basically they are not representative of what the final product will be like and were probably made just so Bandai would have a rough concept to show at Wonder Festival.

Note in the sign on the left (3rd pic below), there's also mention of 1/100 scale. Can somebody please translate what it says.

Graham

post-11-1203929269_thumb.jpg

post-11-1203929441_thumb.jpg

post-11-1203929606_thumb.jpg

post-11-1203929682_thumb.jpg

post-11-1203929745_thumb.jpg

Thanks saverobotech. I knew you'd save us. :D

The top vernier on the 1/60's fastpack seem to be pointing upwards. I wonder if its supposed to be like that or it can actually move.

Can't read the smaller text, but directly above the 1/100 line it says "new action figure series."

Interesting. I wonder if these 1/100 action figures will be more like HCM-Pro, MSiA, GFF, or something new altogether?

I hope the former, not the latter two, as I hate PVC toys with a passion.

Hopefully these 1/00 action figures will still be transformable and Bandai will make the VF-171 and new Q-Raus.

At least 1/100 will be in scale with Yamato's existing VB-6 toy. Now one of our intrepid sticker makes needs to make up a set of SMS markings for Yamato's VB-6. :D

Graham

Note in the sign on the left (3rd pic below), there's also mention of 1/100 scale. Can somebody please translate what it says.

Translation:

(Tentative title) New Action Figure Series

At 1/100 scale, with simple transformation gimmick on board, poses just like in the show can be displayed!

LeDudeModele

Edited by LeDudeModele

At 1/100 scale, with simple transformation gimmick on board, poses just like in the show can be displayed!

Definitely sounds like HCMpro now. 1/100 is probably the smallest size they can get, and retain detail and articulation.

It's so obviously that Bandai plan to use MF series to beat Hasegawa, Yamato even Toynami that is why they change to choose 1/72 for kits and 1/60 1/100 toys

Thats actually smart on their part. I wonder if the 1/72 prototypes shown are for a variable part swapping kit. They are a good company with a lot of experience, I'm excited to see what they come up with, considering its been so long since they made something that appeals to us with regards to Macross(HCM VF-1 from mid 80's, which everyone seems to forget about). Its not like what they come up with will come up short.

From what I've heard the 1/100 scale toys are going to be battroids coming out of the factory that makes the HCM Gundams. They'll be as posable as the Gundam HCM line, and just as detailed... :)

Thats actually smart on their part. I wonder if the 1/72 prototypes shown are for a variable part swapping kit. They are a good company with a lot of experience, I'm excited to see what they come up with, considering its been so long since they made something that appeals to us with regards to Macross(HCM VF-1 from mid 80's, which everyone seems to forget about). Its not like what they come up with will come up short.

Well they certainly came up short for Macross 7!

If they truly want to take on Yamato and Hasegawa, they need to play in the same sandbox. The 1/60 scale toy is a start, but they'll need to avoid variable model kits, there is no market for them anymore, ever since the variable toys took off.

Edited by Zinjo

Well they certainly came up short for Macross 7!

Yea but that was 14 years ago. The 1/60 VF-25 rough prototype already looks closer to the VF-25 animation model, more than the 1/65 DX Fire valkyrie looked like compared to the animation model of the Fire valkyrie. Not to mention there aren't as many kids now in japan, than there were in 1994.

Now the big decision, buy the first releases now, or wait for the inevitable FAST pack bundles.(hey, you know its going to happen!

wow same scale as the yammies in one of bandai's best toy lines. that is phenomenally good news for fans if bandai does a good job with the sculpt and qc, but terrible news for yamato. if i were a yamato employee i'd be seriously pissed at bandai for hijacking that scale. if the chogokin vf-25s are made well, that dooms hopes of yamato making a profit from any vf-25 toys of their own. well, whatever, if bandai does a good job i will be one happy customer.

Now that's more like it, Bandai is really flexing their muscles. I'd guess they've got a pretty good assurance that this new show is going to be a success.

I'll only buy one of these SOC Valks, I'll wait for the yellow coloured one with the armour and weapons.

Probably more along the lines that they want to get their investment back a few times over. Their Mac 7 toy lines pretty much tanked due to poor workmanship and Yammie has been cleaning up with their high quality variables over the past few years, same with Hasegawa's kits.

They've proven to themselves that there is a market for high end collector's toys and kits and no doubt they want in on the market.

Probably more along the lines that they want to get their investment back a few times over. Their Mac 7 toy lines pretty much tanked due to poor workmanship and Yammie has been cleaning up with their high quality variables over the past few years, same with Hasegawa's kits.

They've proven to themselves that there is a market for high end collector's toys and kits and no doubt they want in on the market.

But they didn't go anywhere near this far for Eureka Seven (much to my chargrin) , a show which Bandai was a heavy investor in. Which is why I said they must have the belief it will succedd in order for them to have already started on high end toys.

I think Bandai just views Kawamori's name as a sales gurantee, they did the crazy ass Aquarion as a full on Chogokin after all and that was a completely unknown property.