Bandai Macross Frontier toys thread

valhary

I'm assuming that Bandai is planning about Aquarion type $200 level toys.

Please consider the fact that Aquarion's design and new VF's design are quite similar (of course they are both from Kawamori's pen).

So in my opinion, there is a big possibility that Bandai will give the same treatment to the Macross Frontier toys.

BAN-SNA002img9.jpg

564_mars.jpg

Also now, Bandai knows that (with the help of Yamato) there's a significant market which is ready to pay $200 for a single toy, so why to miss them??

Edited by charger69

well, if we're optomistic, either yamato or bandai will get the license and continue producing high end toys.

pessimistic, bandai gets the license and puts their B team in charge again and we get more kiddiefied valk toys that wouldn't look out of place standing next to Transformer planes...

I'm going to go with optomistic.

I'd like to see high and lower end valks. Maybe some large ones that are 200, and maybe smaller ones in the 20-50 range. I just hope Hasegawa makes kits for these, as I've been itching to see them make a new battroid kit, and it's been a LONG time.

Bandai has made some pretty cool toys over the years, but i hope Yamato gets the Macross F toy license.

heres hoping for some hasegawa kits as well.

yeah, while bandai has the potential of doing an awesome valk toy... there's just two decades of them doing crap and Yamato took a license few people really cared about and did some amazing work (even with all the flubs) and I would rather have the company that cares continue to produce macross toys, rather than the company that seems like it's just trying to cash in.

I'm hoping Bandai will reissue the 1/55 VF's again and also a VE-1, VT-1, and a Strike Valk. I would pay for them for sure. :ph34r:

I want bandai to do it on the condition it's a high quality, high end toy.

Competition is almost always a good thing for us consumers. Hopefully they'll make a great toy that will force yamato to step up a bit on quality and find ways to bring prices down a bit.

judging by current yamato trends, I see it the only way we'll see halt yamato's prices from continuing to go up.

Bandai usually hits a lot more than it misses with it's current quality of their higher end products so I think it's really something to look forward to.

If it happens... B))

just wondering overall what is bandai's qc like in terms of other toys?

About the only Bandai toys I have aside from the 1/55 reissues (which have excellent QC) are several of Bandai's Soul of Chogokin (SOC) figures. The SOC line is renowned for it's top-notch quality and attention to detail. Actually, I have no other toys that match the SOC toys in terms of quality, engineering and overall 'wow' appeal.

As for which company I hope will produce Macross F toys, I don't really care. I like Yamato and Bandai both, although I do trust Bandai's QC far more than Yamatos. Either company will make great figures.

hasn't there been around a 10 year gap for any newly designed bandai macross toys? i'm not saying bandai is the best but i don't compare a reissue g1 optimus prime with a masterpiece optimus prime.

I know that I have asked this already but does anyone know if the license is already sorted or not? Is there confirmation that Bandai has it? Is there any reason to believe that Yamato will get it? Does anyone have any news on this font?

I know that I have asked this already but does anyone know if the license is already sorted or not? Is there confirmation that Bandai has it? Is there any reason to believe that Yamato will get it? Does anyone have any news on this font?

I believe Graham posted fairly recently that he was attempting to get information from Yamato on this.

just wondering overall what is bandai's qc like in terms of other toys?

I'm a big Bandai geek, Gundams, EVA's, etc....never had a problem with any of them. I just wish they'd do more models outside of Gundam.

If Bandai made kits they would give Hasegawa a run for their money,

If they re-released the VT1 and Super O etc then they would sell a ton, just box em in 25th Ani boxes and we`ll all buy em.

I'd prefer Yamato. Bandai really seemed to phone it in with their Macross items. Admitedly, though, they haven't made any in like 10 years. They do seem to give all of their good attention to Gundam, though, and half assing their other stuff. <_<

Chris

I really want Yamato to do the VF-25 (all color variations) with FAST Packs and VF-171 in 1/60 scale, as they would be beautiful toys.

If Bandai gets the licence, then I'm sure they will do a half-assed job like they did with M7, or completely ignore the show like they did with M+.

I have no faith in Bandai for Macross.

Graham

I've been out of it for way too long...Is the Macross Frontier license up for grabs right now? When Macross Zero was released, was the toy license for that OVA this contentious as well? Does each new Macross property entail a separate toy license that anyone can compete for? And these licenses aren't exclusive right? At this moment, for example, Yamato and Kaiyodo are both releasing Macross toys...Have I exceeded the max amount of questions permitted in a single post?