Macross 25th Anniversary and Macross F/Frontier news thread III

azrael

I think Kawamori gave the VF-0 all the available cool features of the VF's to make the series more interesting and visually more impressive without paying too much attention to the continuity in the technological evolution of variable fighters.

Just my two cents.

EXACTLY! SK has never allowed himself to be bound by previous continuity and prolly never will. A simple Retcon and away he goes...

I tend to believe all VFs including the SV series had active stealth which rendered them invisible to standard radar (except the colony world aircraft as Graham has mentioned as quite likely), doubtless Spacy was "hoping" the aliens would use standard RADAR and thus the stealth system would allow them some sort of tactical advantage. It would also give them a tactical advantage over the AUN Army, that is until they discovered the SV series had the same capabilities as the VF series...

I suspect the fighters may have limited range Cyclops radar as well, but it's power is limited by it's size. This explains the need for Elint Radomes needed even in the mid 2040's for long range detection.

As already stated, the stealth's effectiveness is dependent on many internal and external factors, such as tech level of both the fighters and the detection equipments.

One thing about the VF-25 that has occured to me is that the energy discharge is most likely a visual representation of the SWAG system's energy arcing between contact points during transformation (just a thought).

Edited by Zinjo

One thing about the VF-25 that has occured to me is that the energy discharge is most likely a visual representation of the SWAG system's energy arcing between contact points during transformation (just a thought).

Interesting theory.

Graham

Cool.

The white, red and black one is referred to as: VF-25 (Aruto's aircraft)

The grey, yellow and black one is referred to as: VF-25 (Ozama's aircraft)

That's great that that is confirmed.

However, it still leaves the question unanswered as to who is flying the white & purple (or some say blue) VF-25 in the preview clips?

Graham

That's great that that is confirmed.

However, it still leaves the question unanswered as to who is flying the white & purple (or some say blue) VF-25 in the preview clips?

Graham

White and purple could be the new tawny. Or (and I think this is more likely) the preview clip that we saw truly was a pilot film, and the colours of the VFs in it were just temporary, or changed to better fit with existing Macross colours.

I highly doubt that there are any additional pilot characters (beyond tawnies), given the character and voice actor information given so far.

Who is the character at 1:21 on the Macross: Frontier trailer?

His uniform has a similar color scheme to the white-purple VF-25?

In SDF:M, the color of the character's uniform was similar to their variable fighter, at least, for the main characters.

Perhaps, it is his. ::shrugs::

Well, whoever is in the blue VF-25, it's the same model as Ozma's, at least it looks like it judging by the head. Could be another squadron commander's plane, from another fleet, or private group. That would explain the different logos. Could be the blue one is actually from the UNS forces, which is why the logo actually looks something like the kite logo, at least color-wise.

Edit:... wait.. what?

MF-44.jpg

metroidlogo.jpg

Edited by Chronocidal

Hopefully, the white and purple was just a placeholder scheme and won't be seen in the actual show.

Graham

I reckon that fighter belongs to the kid with the blonde hair and glasses. He could be the new Max Jenius of the series, as he seems to go to the same school as Satome.

Well, I wouldn't say there's a new Skull. Its clearly a horned animal skull, maybe a bull or an ox.

I meant more in place of, not literally the same. All of the elements so far have mirrored those of the original series.

I meant more in place of, not literally the same. All of the elements so far have mirrored those of the original series.

You're prolly right Keith. The squadron logos do resemble the ones from SDFM eventhough it is most likely they are not the same names (particularly since the featured pilots don't belong to Spacy, but a private defense contractor...

I'm just curious, where does "independent contractor" come from? I've seen it being used in the last few pages, and would like to know the source.

I ask, because my information (published articles in Japanese) has "Private Military Force" and/or "Civilian Military Unit", with no further clarification of what that is.

Any info about the cap-ship on this series besides the colony ship? I remember seeing a frigate like ship during the "colony under attack" scene. Oh yeah, someone also mentioned that a Maizuru stealth cruiser can be seen on the trailer as well.

Ok, I got the screen of it. I'll try to point several ship on the image below:

MFfleet.jpg

1. Looks like a New Macross class colony ship

2. A new ship, its remind me of a cruiser from Yamato series

3. Stealth frigate?

4. Acshio type colony ships?

Think defense contractors in Iraq. Basically, its a paramilitary force, made up of professional soldiers. Or in this case, pilots.

Yes, I understand that. What I am wondering is where that information is coming from? Where has it been stated that "Private Military Force" = defence contractor akin to what is in Iraq?

Ok, I got the screen of it. I'll try to point several ship on the image below:

MFfleet.jpg

1. Looks like a New Macross class colony ship

2. A new ship, its remind me of a cruiser from Yamato series

3. Stealth frigate?

4. Acshio type colony ships?

If you look at a couple of other screen caps you'll see the Maizaru/Guantanamo, look for the one with the girl looking out a window and look below her bangs, as for the Acshio Types, they seem a little large, either that or they are really close to the camera perspective, I have a feeling they are more likely either huge rural colony ships or supply growing ships, which they would probably need quite a few of if the colony consists of 10 million. The stealth frigate can also be seen in another clip, it might be the same as the one I mentioned above but I can't remember, as for the Yamatoesque ship it kind of reminds me of the Algenicus from the M3 video game.

post-401-1197867063_thumb.jpg

If you look at a couple of other screen caps you'll see the Maizaru/Guantanamo, look for the one with the girl looking out a window and look below her bangs, as for the Acshio Types, they seem a little large, either that or they are really close to the camera perspective, I have a feeling they are more likely either huge rural colony ships or supply growing ships, which they would probably need quite a few of if the colony consists of 10 million. The stealth frigate can also be seen in another clip, it might be the same as the one I mentioned above but I can't remember, as for the Yamatoesque ship it kind of reminds me of the Algenicus from the M3 video game.

This Sunday, Episode. 1 is released.

Maybe ALL guesses wil be done~~~~

^^

Yes, I understand that. What I am wondering is where that information is coming from? Where has it been stated that "Private Military Force" = defence contractor akin to what is in Iraq?

I wouldn't go so far as to compare them to the mercenaries in Iraq, however in the most simplistic terms that is what they are: mercenaries.

However from a Japanese point of view they could actually be more like the JSF which is a military set up like a volunteer public service branch (if I remember correctly). It's a civil servant job not contractual servitude to the military like it is in the West.

It is entirely possible that this was intentional to demonstrate the differences between the JSF and modern Western militaries, through the differences between the SMS and Spacy.

Just a theory of course.

I am wondering if they are going to tie the games in closer to the anime canon of the show with this series, by drawing from what was established in the games and importing elements into the new series?

I wouldn't go so far as to compare them to the mercenaries in Iraq, however in the most simplistic terms that is what they are: mercenaries.

However from a Japanese point of view they could actually be more like the JSF which is a military set up like a volunteer public service branch (if I remember correctly). It's a civil servant job not contractual servitude to the military like it is in the West.

It is entirely possible that this was intentional to demonstrate the differences between the JSF and modern Western militaries, through the differences between the SMS and Spacy.

Just a theory of course.

I am wondering if they are going to tie the games in closer to the anime canon of the show with this series, by drawing from what was established in the games and importing elements into the new series?

THIS SUNDAY, its allready that time, I thought it didnt come out till april, NOW THE BIG QUESTION WHICH SITE DO WE GO TO DOWNLOAD THE TORRENT, SOME ONE PLEASE TELL ME

Aah... so it's only assumption.

Which leads to another point oft repeated when talking about Macross: don't assume. The creators of Macross use terms intentionally, and at times are really, really vague or simply don't provide some detail which we non-Japanese fans believe is important. We can assume and fill in the blanks, but there is a huge chance that the creators of Macross will later fill in those blanks with something entirely different from what has been assumed or expected.

Therefore, in the interest of keeping the information accurate, please don't assume. Speculation is ok, but assuming that a term means something different is out of the question.

I agree that there are mercenaries active in Iraq. I do not agree that the Private Military Force in Macross is composed of mercenaries. For the simple reason that the term has not been used to describe the organization nor the character pilots that are part of it. The same is true of Defense Contractor and Paramilitary Force. (I've added this line so readers are aware that I am not arguing semantics herein.)

Yes, if I come across a better description of what Private Military Force is or of the pilots who compose it, I will endevour to publish it in MW or post a link to it as soon as possible.

Deadghost - go do something else. You are bound to burn out, and will most likely be disappointed. Also, don't expect instant availability of Macross F. If you want that, come and live in Japan. If you don't want instant, you'll have to wait until someone breaks the law. And I doubt that the law breaker is going to advertise their crime.

THIS SUNDAY, its allready that time, I thought it didnt come out till april, NOW THE BIG QUESTION WHICH SITE DO WE GO TO DOWNLOAD THE TORRENT, SOME ONE PLEASE TELL ME

Hey buddy, don't worry~~~

Japanese Fans have same question, not all Japanese are able to watch TBS.

And... 2:50AM... this time is perfect!!!

HAHAHAHA

^^

SO, I think it must be shared!!!

Edited by kresphy