Macross 25th Anniversary and Macross F/Frontier news thread III

azrael

Indeed <_<

I can't seem to find the one that was available in recochoku :(

Me suspects these are just rips from the CM and the ending.

i have been reading up. I think we may have mistranslated the intent. The url appears to have been a mobile phone url. It also only worked at a specific time.

If it was just a ring tone, then chances are that it was just for mobile phone browsers and not for a computer browser. Keep in mind that Japanese phones do have a 'Net service in a majority of their service plans and phone browsers designed for specifically for taking advantage of the 'Net via a phone. Also, keep in mind that some of these offers are for Japanese customers, not everybody else, which means you'll probably need an account with the service provider (like DoComo) in order to take advantage of it.

Is that just the ripped version from the epsiode?

Probably ripped from the trailer. It has the "swooshing" sound at the end where the logo appears.

Its mono afterall. :(

I don't expect a good quality file until the CD appears.

Edited by wolfx

Probably ripped from the trailer. It has the "swooshing" sound at the end where the logo appears.

Its mono afterall. :(

I don't expect a good quality file until the CD appears.

at least it is something.

oh well. I am going to create the sms badges. what should i make first. the flight suite badge, the uniform badge or the fighter logo?

Ali

here are the macross f mp3s i found!^_- enjoy!! I think this. It is don't be late and do you remeber love.

I will see if there is a longer version of the don't be late song.

best,

Ali

the titles need to be MACROSS F--射手座☆午後九時 Don't be late.mp3 and MACROSS F--愛・おぼえていますか.mp3 darn encoding!!

It is from China Macorss site.

It is my cut song from PV and SP

HAHAHAHAHA~~~~

Short answer UN Spacy is now New UN Spacy (NUNS) with a new logo.

Graham

I belive that NUNS stands for zentradi un spacy.

The zentradi symbol looks like the lower case nu. N is the upper case nu.

The use of the zentradi symbol on the mecha and the personal seems to follow this logic.

Ali

FYI

The Macross article from the Japanese Newtype 10 is now in the December issue of Newtype USA 12...

The one with the preliminary sketches of the fighters and characters for the newbs... ;)

I cant recall where I read that Megaroad 1 spotted Eden first but I am glad that I am not the only one who tought that. From what I remember it was that Megaroad 1 discovered Eden, it colonized it and then it went to the center of the universe and dissapeared when it entered a black hole where music was comming out. I am not making it up, I heard t his from multiple macross fans in the past

It doesn't make sense that the Megaroad-01 would colonize Eden, they're pretty much one off colony ships. Spotting it & moving on is likely yes, colonizing it, then moving on to colonize elsehwere not so much.

From the Compedium

April

Establishment of new U.N. Government [new Unity Government].

That was on there long before Macross Frontier. The "N" for New was always there but just didn't appear animated in Text form.

I thought it was that the Megaroad-01 spotted Eden, and a colony fleet was later sent there.

From the Compendium

An inhabitable planet is discovered 11.7 light years from the Solar System in the Groombridge 1816 Star System. It is named "Eden" and colonization begins.

Doesn't say Megaroad-01 found Eden. It doesn't say who found it.

One thing I do notice about that map is that it doesn't seem to account for a lot of fleets that probably left Earth. How do we even know it was launched in order? Megaroad-04 could have launched before Megaroad-02. Also the map is to give the audience a rough idea of what happened not recount all 25 years of the franchise.

I cant recall where I read that Megaroad 1 spotted Eden first but I am glad that I am not the only one who tought that. From what I remember it was that Megaroad 1 discovered Eden, it colonized it and then it went to the center of the universe and dissapeared when it entered a black hole where music was comming out. I am not making it up, I heard t his from multiple macross fans in the past

so they are mixin' macross and the sirens of greek mythology.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siren

http://www.crystalinks.com/sirens.html

http://homepage.mac.com/cparada/GML/SIRENS.html

and for the video, vlc player plays just about every codec.

http://www.videolan.org/vlc

i might try those other video players tho'.

Trust me, do not put the poison stick in the beating hole. Just don't.

-Elektrix

:lol:

*ROFL* *Smacks Elektrix over the back of the head side ways and runs away*

Haha, kresphy, are you positive these are the official lyrics?

射手座☆午後九時 Don't be late

重力反比例 火山みたいに 光るfeel

君はしってンの あたしのBeating Hole (I thought she sung 'Beating Heart'...)

妄想のGalaxy 滑り落ちたらPoison Stick

何億光年 大胆なキスで

飛び越えろ 腹ペコなの

次のステージへ行きましょう

もってけ 流星散らしてDate

ここでイケる 名前と

エクスタシー焦がしてよ

飛んでけ 君の胸にSweet

おまかせしなさい

もっとよくしてあげる あげる

射手座☆午後九時 Don't be late

(Don't be late lovely date)

And if I'm not mistaken, I thought I heard 'Fighto-O!' in the song somewhere too.

:lol:

How do we even know it was launched in order? Megaroad-04 could have launched before Megaroad-02.

From the Compendium:

Admiral Bruno J. Global's installment as U.N. Government representative. Launches of the second and third super-long-distance colonization fleet (Megaroad-02 and -03 ships). Hereafter, super-long-distance colonization fleets are routinely launched.

Well, I've drawn a blank. I just checked several hobby shops and Japanese department stores here and they were all sold out of the latest issue of Shonen Ace (released December 26 in Japan). This is the issue that has the 1st episode of the new Macross Frontier manga.

Hopefully, somebody else here will be able to pick it up and scan the story.

Pic of the cover attached for reference.

Graham

post-11-1199255456_thumb.jpg

Well, I've drawn a blank. I just checked several hobby shops and Japanese department stores here and they were all sold out of the latest issue of Shonen Ace (released December 26 in Japan). This is the issue that has the 1st episode of the new Macross Frontier manga.

Graham

Hold on Graham, we got to ask our selves do we want to spoil the series for ourselves, the way I see it is like time travel, we will see it but will not understand it and plus we wont be able to read it. BUT I AM A LOYAL MACROS FAN, and I want to HAVE THE MANGA, so I DEMAND THAT SOME ONE GET THE SCENES OF THE MANGA as a collection and history item.

Graham

I actually have that issue but unfortunately I can't scan it since I don't have a scanner. Sorry.

And yes to answer your previous question, it is 71 pages in length and covers the story from the first episode into 1/5 of what would be in the second episode.