Macross 25th Anniversary and Macross F/Frontier news thread III

azrael

I think it's cause of the way it transforms.. the body folds in on itself several times, and the final configuration is all mounted at angles. In that sense, it really looks like the SV-51.

It does look a lot like the SV-51. The way the VF-25 transforms is more like the YF-19 IMO. The nose on both makes the front of the chest and the cockpit on both is vertical with the canopy facing the back of the battroid.

=======================================

071210, 20:36 JST(update again)

Macross F Official Website debut!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.macrossf.com

A Super Galaxy Love Story in which love, friendship and destiny of the planet intersects.

071210mfow.jpg

MBS Macross Official Website

http://www.mbs.jp/macross-f/

071210mfow02.jpg

Now, there is no news!

Only Cast List and 25th Special Program timetable.

p.s.

The introduction of MBS, 25th-->11th!

11th-->25th-->11th

= =

Edited by kresphy

071210, 18:32 JST(update again)

Macross F Official Website debut!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A Super Galaxy Love Story in which love, friendship and destiny of the planet intersects.

now, there is no news!

only Cast List and 25th Special Program timetable.

071210mfow.jpg

NICE! The logo now reads as "flontier"! :lol:

【NEWTYPE 1月号】(角川書店/12月10日発行)(NT Jan. Issue, done)

『パイロットとアイドルの恋愛、その舞台となるのは?』

「マクロスF」紹介

【アニメージュ1月号】(徳間書店/12月10日発行)(Animage Jan. Issue, done)

『おぼえていますか―シリーズ最新作までの軌跡を一挙公開』

「マクロス25周年記念スペシャル(仮)」紹介

【アニメディア1月号】(学研/12月10日発行)(Animedia Jan. Issue, Dec. 10 is released)

『宇宙に響くラブソング♪』(Love Song is sounds in universe)

「マクロスF」紹介

Edited by kresphy

I sure do hope they try to go for better visual continuity if they decide to hand-draw certain scenes with the VFs. One thing I absolutely HATED about M0 was when it transitioned from highly detailed CGI to kind of messy hand-drawn cels for the mecha. Not so tight.

I couldn't agree more. If they are going to use photorealistic CGI for all the vehicles in the show, they have to remain consistent. Suddenly moving to cell drawn is incredibly jarring and is one of the things I too disliked about Macross Zero. It has to remain consistent; all CG or all hand drawn drawn vehicles, no 95:5 ratios.

I couldn't agree more. If they are going to use photorealistic CGI for all the vehicles in the show, they have to remain consistent. Suddenly moving to cell drawn is incredibly jarring and is one of the things I too disliked about Macross Zero. It has to remain consistent; all CG or all hand drawn drawn vehicles, no 95:5 ratios.

I'm sure they'll try.

In the lower left hand corner of the Macross F website the year A.D. 2059 is listed. Does that mean the series is taking place in 2059 instead of 207X? Sorry if this has been cleared up already; I thought it was 207X, but the year listed on the site has me confused. :wacko:

In the lower left hand corner of the Macross F website the year A.D. 2059 is listed. Does that mean the series is taking place in 2059 instead of 207X? Sorry if this has been cleared up already; I thought it was 207X, but the year listed on the site has me confused. :wacko:

It's been cleared up, at least as far as BEST CURRENTLY AVAILABLE INFORMATION. It's AD 2059.

Edited by Mr March

If the story is good I suspect we'll all forgive the ratio of CGI to cell.

:lol: If I was a girl I'd have probably wet myself laughing so hard!

Seriously when was the last time there was a good story that revolved around a school or near it? *not counting Genshiken* Macross, any more, is for mecha fans who love planes.

:lol: If I was a girl I'd have probably wet myself laughing so hard!

Seriously when was the last time there was a good story that revolved around a school or near it? *not counting Genshiken* Macross, any more, is for mecha fans who love planes.

But somehow the "mecha fans who love planes" were mostly disappointed with Macross Zero. One could argue that it was the only thing Zero had going for it.

【NEWTYPE 1月号】(角川書店/12月10日発行)(NT Jan. Issue, done)

『パイロットとアイドルの恋愛、その舞台となるのは?』

「マクロスF」紹介

【アニメージュ1月号】(徳間書店/12月10日発行)(Animage Jan. Issue, done)

『おぼえていますか―シリーズ最新作までの軌跡を一挙公開』

「マクロス25周年記念スペシャル(仮)」紹介

【アニメディア1月号】(学研/12月10日発行)(Animedia Jan. Issue, Dec. 10 is released)

『宇宙に響くラブソング♪』(Love Song is sounds in universe)

「マクロスF」紹介

Hi Kresphy,

Do you have scans of the Animage Jan? I don't remember seeing them.

I'll try to pick up the Animmedia today.

Graham

Couple of requests: -

1) Am I missing any info from my Frontier page, such as character or staff info, magazine translations etc? Please let me know.

2) Could Zinjo or Polidread please work on an updated logo with the new red F.

Thanks,

Graham

Both pages together. Unfortunately, the scanner is not quite big enough to fit both pages, so some of the text from the edge of page 33 is missing.

Graham

Well, I have to admit that this last pic is changing my mind about the VF-25 and the new series. The head of the battroid looks very aggressive and advanced, but I'm still unsure about the 'hentai-like' characters.

By the way, is that valk supposed to be the s-type or something?

Hi Kresphy,

Do you have scans of the Animage Jan? I don't remember seeing them.

I'll try to pick up the Animmedia today.

Graham

Here, but no news:

071208, 0:56 JST(update again)

1、

News from Animage Jan. issue!!!!

Macross F will broadcast in Apr. 2008

071207animages.jpg

All Cast List(Non-Official translation name)

早乙女アルト(Saotome Alto)

CV:中村悠一(Yuuichi Nakamura)

ランカ・リー(Ranka Lee)

CV:中島 愛(Megumi Nakajima)

シェリル・ノーム(Sheryl Nome)

CV:遠藤 綾(Aya Endo)

-------------------------

オズマ・リー(Ozma Lee)

CV:小西克幸(Konishi Katsuyuki)

ジェフリー・ワイルダー(Jeffrey Wilder)

CV:大川 透(Toru Ohkawa)

ルカ・アンジェローニ(Luca Anjerony)

CV:福山 潤(Jun Fukuyama)

ミシェル・ブラン(Michelle Bran)(NT Dec. issue)

ミハエル・ブラン(Michael Bran)(rework by NT & Animage Jan. issue)

CV:神谷浩史(Hiroshi Kamiya)

キャサリン・グラス(Catherine Glass)(NT Dec. issue)

キャシー・グラス(Cathy Glass)(rework by Animage Jan. issue)

CV:小林沙苗(Sanae Kobayashi)

ハワード・グラス(Howard Glass)//Cathy's sibling?

CV:西村知道(Tomomichi Nishimura)

松浦ナナセ(Matsuura Nanase)

CV:桑島法子(Houko Kuwashima)

-------------------------

カメリア・ベルシュタイン(Gamelia Belstain)//Who is CV?

CV:?

ボビー・マルゴ(Bobby Malgo)

CV:三宅健太(Kenta Miyake)

レオン・三島(Leon Mishima)

CV:杉田智和(Tomokazu Sugita)

グレイス・オコナー(Grace O'Connor)

CV:井上 喜久子(Kikuko Inoue)

BTW, this pic has a mistake. I think Japanese Fans is ignore it too.

ミハエル・ブラン(Michael Bran) is reworked by NT & Animage Jan. issue!

キャシー・グラス(Cathy Glass) is reworked by Animage Jan. issue!

071207casts.jpg

-------------------------------------------

2、

The News from Macross Official Website

http://www.macross.co.jp

25th Special Program name is confirmed!

祝25周年!あのマクロスが帰ってくるぞSP!!

25th anniversary, Congratulation!! Macross return to SP!!

p.s.

I think...

SP=Special=特別番組

===============================================

Couple of requests: -

1) Am I missing any info from my Frontier page, such as character or staff info, magazine translations etc? Please let me know.

2) Could Zinjo or Polidread please work on an updated logo with the new red F.

Thanks,

Graham

Animage Jan. Issue, Translation by Sketchley San

Quickie glance translation (not up to my usual translation levels. Bound to be inconsistencies and inaccuracies):

Do you remember love?

From the 1st series, to receiving the 25th anniversary "Macross". As for that anniversary special, at the core is the TV telecast of the 1st Macross, SDF:M, and the 2nd Macross series, 94's Macross 7; movies and OVAs, altogether 6 productions.

Yet, a double song princess, campus story, a private military force, not in Macross until now, the newest Macross, Macross F's 1st episode special will be broadcast. In it flurishes a crossover of a lot of space, mecha, and music, and the SF anime is drawing near!

民間軍事部隊 (private military force) - that explains the lack of the UN Spacy kite. It is most likely what the SMS is. Nope, no idea what the name means from the article.

EDIT: I think we really have to take the Macross games' into consideration now. I believe that Kresphy's assertations about the state of the UN Spacy post VF-X2 are starting to ring true, and M3 also had some biomechanical (or entirely biological?) opponents that the heroes faced in combat. Sounds similar to what we've seen in Macross F, eh.

SDF:M: bioengineered race bred for war

DYRL: bioengineered race given pseudo-biological ships to reside in

Macross 7: ultimate in bioengineered war entities (the protodevlin)

Macross 0: biomechanical entity piloted by human/protoculture

Macross 25: completely biological mecha?!?!

===============================================

And Character info from NT Jan. Issue

Q: What about the Pilot and Idol love stage?

A: School life in battle. A lovely Love Romance!---by Yasuhito Kikuchi

Saotome Alto:

A boy of Frontier School. He has top-class fly technology of "EX Gear"(EXギア) in Club.

Ranka Lee:

A high school student who works part-time at a Chinese restaurant "YanYan"(娘々). She meet Alto on the way to Live.

Sheryl Nome:

Macross Galaxy Super Idol, she is called "Fairy of Galaxy"(銀河の妖精), And go to Frontier for the Live.

VF-25:

VF-25 is U.N. next main Valk, base on VF-24. In space, there is Additional Fight Equipment for VF-25.

Edited by kresphy

I really doubt they're twins, the two character sketches in that last page don't even look alike, proportion-wise or even age-wise. They may be related, but I think there's a definite Misa/Minmay parellel with the two of them (speaking of Minmay though, didn't she wear almost identical clothes at one point or another? they look really familiar, just different colors). Whether or not they're two sides of a triangle is up for grabs, but they've got the military/singer situation covered.

I'm wondering about the other characters there, they sure seem to be introducing a lot of them early on. I'm guessing the guy in the chef's hat works at the restaurant, and the one on the bottom right is probably another student.. but no idea about the one in the middle. I'd almost guess a mechanic or pilot, based on the clothing