Destoroiido Spartan!

captain america

I am thinking that doing the Gnerl cast hollowed or at least partially hollowed like you did in the booster will save mass on the resin used and therefore the overall price..

count me in among those 30 for one, but I'd like to now the price for this...

Based on the sheer size of the structure, even with partially/strategically hollowed parts, I can still see 6-700ml easy going into each kit. I'd advise everyone to expect a $300-ish price tag, especially with a pilot.

I'd advise everyone to expect a $300-ish price tag, especially with a pilot.

$300!... Well... I suppose that I can pay that for a Moscato kit ^_^

Finally you think make a heavy armor soldier or light armor?

Yes they were posted a couple pages back in this thread.

Oops my bad.

Hey Captain, how much cheaper would the kit be if you left the cockpit and pilot out of the deal and just made the thing one whole piece?

Based on the sheer size of the structure, even with partially/strategically hollowed parts, I can still see 6-700ml easy going into each kit. I'd advise everyone to expect a $300-ish price tag, especially with a pilot.

Have you ever rotocast large parts? I've bought a few models that cast up quite well with this approach.

Have you ever rotocast large parts? I've bought a few models that cast up quite well with this approach.

Roto-casting is hit-or-miss unless you have thousands of dollars in equipment to offer consistent castings. Misses add up over time, and whatever one thinks one can save is usually negated by the cost of defective castings and accumulated frustration and anguish. If you have soft shapes with no or little sharp edges or undercutting,it's great. If not, it's an exercise in frustration <--I speak from first hand experience.

"Hey Captain, how much cheaper would the kit be if you left the cockpit and pilot out of the deal and just made the thing one whole piece?"

That would actually increase the price many fold, and I'll explain why: most people buy my stuff because I'd like to think that they enjoy the time and effort I put into the models I offer. I tend to like to make stuff in such a way that hasn't usually been done by anyone else before, and I'm reasonably certain that most everyone will echo that statement.

Now, if I go and make a 1/72 Gnerl model that's essentially 3 massive blocks of resin,no cockpit, no landing gear, no pilot, no frills, I think it's safe to say that what would normally have been a customer base of 30, will shrink to a customer base of 2 or 3, and those 2 or 3 customers are going to have to shoulder the r&d costs for the project, in stead of 30 people. Thusly, a $300 kit turns into a $3000 kit.

• 2 weeks later...
What does the Gnerl look like?

Its the little green fighter pod the Zents use when attacking macross island in the first few episodes. Looks a bit like a squashed pear with guns in the front :)

Hi Guys, I'm a late comer to this site I was wondering if there are anymore destroid kits for sale???

Hi mate, welcome to Macross World.

If you're serious, send a PM to username "Valk009". I'm pretty sure he has a Moscato Defender still available.

Hope that helps!

Mark

• 2 weeks later...