Destoroiido Spartan!

captain america

What about a Gnerl with cockpit & bastard pilot?

:lol:

I am Up for a nerd...I meant Gnerl...

count me in...

I am wondering if can you do the soldier a bit more posseable so one could maneuver it to sit on the regult pods as well...?

Many of us missed them last time...

Edited by 007-vf1

Gnerl is a Space Figther... so the soldier should be like this:

im1301-79-box.jpg

Also, as before, it should be great if you make a standing soldier too (with Kamjim face!). :wub:

Make our dreams comes true, Captain!!! :D

Edited by cool8or

Gnerl is a Space Figther... so the soldier should be like this:

im1301-79-box.jpg

Also, as before, it should be great if you make a standing soldier too (with Kamjim face!). :wub:

Make our dreams comes true, Captain!!! :D

Are you sure about that?

My understanding is that the reason Kamjin wears that armor is because he's a high-ranking officer; has nothing to do with fighting in space, because Regults fight in space as well.

Pilot poseability: in order to do that with a figure as opposed to a mecha, you have to put toy-like joints on it, which goes against my philosophy. The pilot for the gnerl will have to be more reclined anyway, as the seating position is different than the trashcan-like comfort of the Regult.

By poseability I meant to make it limber enough so it could be reconfigured relatively easy, by cutting the legs, arms and doing some filling adjustments; For example; If the legs are too close to each other looking like one solid piece it would be hard to separate them and a pain to fill them up to re-sculpt them...

That is a great size. John you can do so much detailing on it. Man 15" long and half of it canopy. How would you do that? Cast the canopy in water clear or get VAC-U-Forms made?

However large the structure, I feel that in order to maintain the spirit of Zentradi machinery and the artists who penned the original style sheets, the cockpit and associated details should reflect the simplistic, semi-organic look of other Zentradi mecha, so if anything, it'll probably have an interior similar to the Regult.

With regards to clear parts, I suppose that it remains a possibility, depending on how the parts need to be broken down. Since this will be a fairly large and expensive model, it'll likely be limited to just 30 kits, so I'll see if I can implement some interesting goodies.

That won't be until March though.

However large the structure, I feel that in order to maintain the spirit of Zentradi machinery and the artists who penned the original style sheets, the cockpit and associated details should reflect the simplistic, semi-organic look of other Zentradi mecha, so if anything, it'll probably have an interior similar to the Regult.

With regards to clear parts, I suppose that it remains a possibility, depending on how the parts need to be broken down. Since this will be a fairly large and expensive model, it'll likely be limited to just 30 kits, so I'll see if I can implement some interesting goodies.

That won't be until March though.

Sounds great Cap. I can't wait to hear what the interesting goodies may be. But if you only might do 30 kits put me down for one NOW. If you need some help on the clear part let me know. My shop here at work is huge. And i have everything you may need.

Is it even clear that the Gnerl has a canopy instead of just a hatch cover like all the other Zen Mecha?

Based on all the art I've seen, it looks like an opaque hatch cover, similar to the Glaug; the visuals being provided by the sensor eye at the front of the craft. Consoles could be molded clear in the interest of lighting though.

My understanding is that the reason Kamjin wears that armor is because he's a high-ranking officer; has nothing to do with fighting in space, because Regults fight in space as well.

I found diferences in the helmets of soldiers and officers, see some pics from Macross Perfect Memory Book:

dsc01637hg8.jpg

dsc01638mk5.jpg

dsc01639vx9.jpg

Also, in the first episode we can se a zentran Regult pilot with heavy armor:

vts031vob001255453wm3.jpg

vts031vob001257532js9.jpg

vts031vob001272214cs3.jpg

I hope this helps. :)

Based on all the art I've seen, it looks like an opaque hatch cover, similar to the Glaug; the visuals being provided by the sensor eye at the front of the craft. Consoles could be molded clear in the interest of lighting though.

That's what I would have thought as well.

I can appreciate that there may be different helmet designs, but to be honest, I can't explain the hierarchy (if any) or how and why certain styles of battle armor are seen in some instances and not others.

To that end, I wouldn't rule out sculpting a new (heavy) space suit, but despite its small size, the original zentradi soldier took a surprisingly long time to make, and so I'll have to weigh that if/when the Gnerl project kicks-in to determine how significantly it will impact the price of the kit.

Ahem... Macross II had Destroids, too.

True but 1 That series was not created by Shoji Kawamori. 2 The series isnt officially accepted in the official macross timeline. Though that could be argued since the music from it was used in M7 by the other singing/fighting team whose name escapes me.

I can appreciate that there may be different helmet designs, but to be honest, I can't explain the hierarchy (if any) or how and why certain styles of battle armor are seen in some instances and not others.

To that end, I wouldn't rule out sculpting a new (heavy) space suit, but despite its small size, the original zentradi soldier took a surprisingly long time to make, and so I'll have to weigh that if/when the Gnerl project kicks-in to determine how significantly it will impact the price of the kit.

I understand. I think that after an expensive proyect like this, should be great a cheaper proyect, like a couple pilots.

I am thinking that doing the Gnerl cast hollowed or at least partially hollowed like you did in the booster will save mass on the resin used and therefore the overall price..

count me in among those 30 for one, but I'd like to now the price for this...