Destoroiido Spartan!

captain america

Update: I will be redoing the molds in the next week, so there will be a slight delay in production as a result.

Also, I've taken some pics of the Spaltan with the club... Still no fingers though; I prefer to leave those off until after the instructions are done, but rest assured that they fit perfectly, and will wrap nicely over the club handle.

Pics:

post-632-1200600979_thumb.jpg

post-632-1200600992_thumb.jpg

post-632-1200601003_thumb.jpg

post-632-1200601015_thumb.jpg

Hi everyone.

I wanted to give everyone a progress report: as things stand right now, I have the first 30 castings done, and am merely waiting on the decals in order to start shipping; hopefully I won't have to wait too much longer for those.

Also, I've begun on a second set of molds, which should be done by Friday. So much insanity, so little time. :blink:

Hi everyone.

First off, I'd like to present my sincerest apologies for the shipping delay of the Spaltans, as the decals still haven't arrived. That having been said, all orders placed have been cast, and there are still a few spots open, should anyone want a model.

Anyhoo,you'll be happy to know that the instructions are done, and I've included them below for your downloading pleasure. ^_^

post-632-1201457493_thumb.jpg

post-632-1201457543_thumb.jpg

post-632-1201457565_thumb.jpg

post-632-1201457584_thumb.jpg

post-632-1201457600_thumb.jpg

Hi everyone.

Just wanted to give everyone a heads-up that your models are now *FINALLY* shipping as of today!

Some of you will likely getting your kits in the next few days onward.

Also, I am putting out a final call for the Destoroido Spaltan, as production is going into its twilight phase. As such, I will keep the order window open until midnight eastern time on the 8th (Friday.)

For anything else, you know where to reach me ^_^

Got mine over the weekend. Thanks John!

Still haven't had a chance to open it up and check out the parts though. <_< Hopefully I'll have some free time tonight! ^_^

He looks awesome! Rolled off the assembly line and ready to punch a regult in the foot! :lol:

$115? As much as I want one, there's no way I can afford that. I've come to the realization that most people who collect macross stuff have money falling out of their asses. Or, at least, have steady incomes. *sigh* 'twould be awesome, though.

He looks awesome! Rolled off the assembly line and ready to punch a regult in the foot! :lol:

$115? As much as I want one, there's no way I can afford that. I've come to the realization that most people who collect macross stuff have money falling out of their asses. Or, at least, have steady incomes. *sigh* 'twould be awesome, though.

They aren't cheap, but these also aren't mass produced, injection molded garbage made by slave labor. They are hand crafted little pieces of art lovingly created and cast by a skilled artist, who happens to be a member of our online community. Really good, and not cheap, "garage" kits are usually collected by a slightly different audience than the average collector because if you intend to build them, you have to be serious enough about the subject matter to invest quite a bit of your personal time building, painting and finishing them, when you spend your free time working on them the $50 to $500+ dollars you spend is really worth it when you have a finished product that you are proud of, and a sense of accomlishment and pride in your work.

Then again, if you are on a tight budget, like anything else non-essential, it's a luxury item and sometimes you just have to look the other way in favor of your necessities. Remember that Macross ran on TV in the 80's, the people that grew up watching it as kids are adults for the most part and have been in the workforce for more than a decade, have a couple hundred bucks to spend on something you love every once in a while doesn't necesarily mean you have a monetary anal leakage problem either. :lol:

Anyhow, These are awesome kits, his whole line has been spectacular. I hope you get the opportunity to see (or build) one first hand some day.

They aren't cheap, but these also aren't mass produced, injection molded garbage made by slave labor. They are hand crafted little pieces of art lovingly created and cast by a skilled artist, who happens to be a member of our online community. Really good, and not cheap, "garage" kits are usually collected by a slightly different audience than the average collector because if you intend to build them, you have to be serious enough about the subject matter to invest quite a bit of your personal time building, painting and finishing them, when you spend your free time working on them the $50 to $500+ dollars you spend is really worth it when you have a finished product that you are proud of, and a sense of accomlishment and pride in your work.

Then again, if you are on a tight budget, like anything else non-essential, it's a luxury item and sometimes you just have to look the other way in favor of your necessities. Remember that Macross ran on TV in the 80's, the people that grew up watching it as kids are adults for the most part and have been in the workforce for more than a decade, have a couple hundred bucks to spend on something you love every once in a while doesn't necesarily mean you have a monetary anal leakage problem either. :lol:

Anyhow, These are awesome kits, his whole line has been spectacular. I hope you get the opportunity to see (or build) one first hand some day.

AMEN ....