Destoroiido Spartan!

captain america

Hey everyone.

I was planning on gauging interest for a 1/72 Spartan kit... Anyone interested? My goal would be to have the detail be in line with all of my previous works, which means free-pose assembly, detailed cockpit and open/close option hatches to show off the armament.

Projected kit price: $115.00 cdn

Oh, also: I've been scouring my reference material as well as the internet, but I can't seem to find any technical front or side views of the Spartan. I'm guessing that since it was such a dissimilar design to the other three that they simply didn't bother, but if anyone knows where I can find some, just give me a heads-up; it'd be much appreciated ^_^

As always, a show of interest or comments are welcome!

Same here, I'm in for a pair to round out the collection. Thanks again for tackling the subject John!

As far as the views, and it might be heresy but when the Spartan design was liberated for use in Battletech it was renamed the "Archer". I'll check my old 1980's battletech manuals when I get home to see if there are any decent images worth sharing.

Edited by Ghadrack

Oh, also: I've been scouring my reference material as well as the internet, but I can't seem to find any technical front or side views of the Spartan. I'm guessing that since it was such a dissimilar design to the other three that they simply didn't bother, but if anyone knows where I can find some, just give me a heads-up; it'd be much appreciated ^_^

I'm not sure if you are looking for something better than this, but here's what I've got:

post-659-1196122224_thumb.jpg

I based my 1/35th on the Imai kit but took some liberties to make it not look so pudgy. Maybe my plans could be used for reference? Someday I'll have access to some equipment to finish mine

post-1862-1196130945_thumb.jpg

post-1862-1196130959_thumb.jpg

post-1862-1196130976_thumb.jpg

post-1862-1196130990_thumb.jpg

post-1862-1196131013_thumb.jpg

post-1862-1196131027_thumb.jpg

post-1862-1196131037_thumb.jpg

Edited by THOR

• 2 weeks later...
Don't forget to add the billy club/nightstick/cattle prod thingy.

It's funny, I thought that "club" in the lineart was just a piece of pipe or something; I'm trying to remember seeing it in the show but I keep drawing a blank. Apparently I stand corrected :lol:

Ironically, the Spartan's "joints" (and I use the term loosely) seem to be the most ill-designed of any mecha I've rendered into 3-D. Makes me wonder how it's supposed to use that weapon effectively, or at the very least, do so without embarassing the pilot :lol::lol::lol:

It's funny, I thought that "club" in the lineart was just a piece of pipe or something; I'm trying to remember seeing it in the show but I keep drawing a blank.

Wasn't it in the episode where they are beating down the Zentran rebels and Hikaru comes to save the day after a date with Minmay

Hi everyone.

I wanted to let everyone know that the Spartan is progressing very nicely indeed, and despite taking Monday off to deal with 2 feet of snow and a bad cold, it seems that I'm still very much on schedule. I'm going to forego tomorrow's update due to holiday activities, but I plan to have some photos of the complete, or almost complete masters between Christmas & new year's.

I also have enough of the sculpting done to get cracking on the decals, which tend to be the slow point in production, so I might as well get a jump on 'em. In the meantime, I'd like to wish everyone a very festive, peaceful and safe holiday season! ^_^