Why no repaints of the YF-19?

gian7675

Just wondering, why are there no re-paints of the 19 up to now? :mellow:

The SV-51 has 3 already namely Ivanov, Nora and the CF.

I'm still hoping for the VF-19 Excalibur paint job (this is the blue one right? ^_^ )

How was the sale of the YF-19 anyway? Dismal? Is this the reason why there are no re-paints?

Just wondering, why are there no re-paints of the 19 up to now? :mellow:

The SV-51 has 3 already namely Ivanov, Nora and the CF.

I'm still hoping for the VF-19 Excalibur paint job (this is the blue one right? ^_^ )

How was the sale of the YF-19 anyway? Dismal? Is this the reason why there are no re-paints?

There is one coming shortly, the YF-19 25th Ann Version. I'm pretty sure there will be more.

Nice. I'd be intersted in getting a second 19 as a repaint. It's really hard for me to decide what to pose my 19 in, fighter or battroid, coz they are both so damn perect! I was almost gonna keep my pre-order with the 25th Black 19, which i still believe is so sweet as, but i needed funds for the Nora. THE NORA DAMN YOU!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

VF-X Ravens scheme from VF-X2:

hase_vf19_cvrlr.jpg

Project Supernova schemes:

Supernova Blue

Supernova Blue Battroid

Supernova Orange

Thanks, both the blue and the orange supernova 19 look great.

It would be nice to get a different fastpack set if they would make the VF-19A, something like the FP's for the 19S:

Also a stealth YF-19 would be nice

Edited by thankheaven

Graham--the Super Nova schemes are clearly based on the F-15 prototype schemes (IMHO). Just have them do those. Though the Super Nova schemes have extra striping.

Or hey--how about the ACTIVE scheme? That's awesome, and well-known in Japan. (It has to be, Namco puts it in every Ace Combat game from the past couple of years)

I've been pushing for a Super Nova-ish scheme for ages now. I say 'Super Nova-ish', as Yamato don't own the rights to use the Super Nova scheme.

I'm also pushing for a Low Vis YF-19.

There are indications that both may eventually happen.

Graham

nice, keep up the good fight for more yf-19 love. Let us know if there's anything helpfull we as a fan base can do to show our support for yf-19 repaints. And by helpfull, I mean actually helpfull... not our usual form of helpfull... which is usually less than...

I may be in the minority here but I think it'd be cool if Yamato repeated their non-canon schemes they did with the VF-1 with other toys. The display possibilities are pretty awesome. Sadly the non-canon schemes were on 1/48 toys and everything else is 1/60 so it's not the true awesomenitude (I have a degree in English, I'm allowed to invent words) it could be.

EDIT - took out some racial humor at my own expense (kinda)

Edited by jenius

repaints, that's all we've been buying. the same product of a different color. make something new yamato. I can repaint the stuff myself as a custom!

I too would like to see new stuff but for me, I am not a modeler so I can not paint them myself and personally do appreciate the repaints. Sure too many repanits of the same mold does get old but for the YF-19 so far there is only the original and the 25th (which I do not like) so I think that they could get at least two more repaints out of this for us. Plus, for me the low-vis and/or supernova-ish scheme is more attractive to me than the OVA version.

But of course to each their own. I am happy for you that you know how to paint and customize, that is a skill that I would love to learn one day.

• 2 months later...