Yamato GN-U Non-transforming Macross Action Figures

Graham

Bandai definately shouldnt get the licence, Yamato has been doing great (well besides qc errors) at designing all the valks they have done so far. On a side note, the transformation of the Zeta G and the VF-1 are actually very similar, wings and tail stored on back, arms fold towards inside of body, legs become thrusters, and chest area folds up to become cockpit area (albeit most of Zetas cockpit is carried on its arm). Why cant we set aside our petty differences and just get along?

Thank you! I never would've gotten irritated if a certain someone didn't describe the Zeta's transformation as "curling into the fetal position...".

That monster is pure insanity! Shipping would probably cost at least $100 and I can not imagine what the toy would cost. Also, talk about needing more shelf space! Wow! Although, I think it would look pretty badd asss sitting on top of my TV, especially since it is much larger than my TV!

But, I think it could be a possibility of make a limited preorder, I mean open the preorder and only make the number of Monsters preordered... I think they are a lot of Macross fans that really wants something like this (I am one of them B)) )

I don't try to derail threads. But when someone bashes something I like, I will defend it. Just like how you guys are defending Macross. It works both ways buddy.

Whatever troll, you're debating transforming gundams in a thread about NON TRANSFORMING VALKYRIES. If you want to go talk about your gundams, we do have threads specifically for them. In the meantime... don't you need to go check back on your bridge?

Edited by eugimon

Whatever troll, you're debating transforming gundams in a thread about NON TRANSFORMING VALKYRIES. If you want to go talk about your gundams, we do have threads specifically for them. In the meantime... don't you need to go check back on your bridge?

Haha, real funny. Don't you need to go sing to space aliens?

[Childish voice]He started it![/childish voice]

Like I said earlier, I don't get nasty unless I'm provoked. Even then I try to stay away from personal insults and taking "jabs" at others. If you have observed, I only started to get defensive when someone described the Zeta's transformation as "curling into the fetal position". That to me is a mockery to a fine anime machine. I would've have cared as much if different words were used.

Hmm, I heard somewhere on here that Kawamori was a fan of Gundam. :o

And Kawamori also thinks the CF VF-0 is grey . Simply put, he's a crazy mecha designing nut.

And whats up with the singing to space aliens comment? Trying to diss Macross? Do you not like Macross? I do not comprende.

If these toys look badass then I'll buy them, plain and simple.

So guys, back on the subject, what are the chances of the SDF-1??? Woudnlt that be cool.

Definitely cool. Especially a TV version that is "realistic" in sculpt. Something better looking than the Takatoku and Matchbox from the 80s but maybe just about the same size. I would not be shoked if Yamato did this and would be fine if Bandai did this. However I would want it to be transforming. If it was not transforming then two versions (one for each mode) maybe smaller, like the wave, and much much much cheaper than the wave so that we could both versions for much less money than one wave. That would be cool.

A poseable Macross figure. I'd buy it and put it in some wild pose, like leaping through the air doing a wild kick or something.

:lol: :lol: With left knee bent and its head facing right? Yeah that would be cool! Even if it didn't do that in the anime, any toy should be able to do that IMO.

:ph34r: I hope Hurin isn't watching... B))

And Kawamori also thinks the CF VF-0 is grey . Simply put, he's a crazy mecha designing nut.

And whats up with the singing to space aliens comment? Trying to diss Macross? Do you not like Macross? I do not comprende.

If these toys look badass then I'll buy them, plain and simple.

That was merely a respond to Euigmon's comment about me check back with my bridge. He was trying to make fun of me for being a Gundam fan you see. And singing to space aliens comment was a damn good comeback IMO. It's not meant be to a diss to Macross. If I didn't like Macross, I wouldn't be at this forum.

over a year or so ago, there was a prototype of a 1/60 scale monster that they featured at a few toy shows.

i think due to the size and cost, it wasn't worth taking the risk of producing them. basically it would've run like $300(and probably $100 just for shipping) and you would need a large coffee table to display it. :blink:

added:

just did a quick search, my guess is this is what a 1/60 valk would be in scale with a 1/60 monster. :blink:

monrider.jpg

OH DADDY !!!!!

:lol: :lol: With left knee bent and its head facing right? Yeah that would be cool! Even if it didn't do that in the anime, any toy should be able to do that IMO.

:ph34r: I hope Hurin isn't watching... B))

If they make an SDF-1 toy, it better be able to a hand stand with it's legs crossed, otherwise it's garbage. ;):lol:

thanks for the pic. the vf-11b looks very close to be taller than the vf-1 there but i'd say its just very close to 1/60 scale and not exactly 1/60 scale. which means when yamato releases a 1/60 version, i will be getting it.

thanks for the pic. the vf-11b looks very close to be taller than the vf-1 there but i'd say its just very close to 1/60 scale and not exactly 1/60 scale. which means when yamato releases a 1/60 version, i will be getting it.

Common speculation suggests Yamato will indulge in some scale-fudging with the yet-to-be-announced 1/60 scale VF-11.

Common speculation suggests Yamato will indulge in some scale-fudging with the yet-to-be-announced 1/60 scale VF-11.

for those who care, just pose the "1/72" vf-11 with the 1/60 scale toys. They're close enough for anyone who wants to do the math.

I wonder which will look better in Battroid mode, Yamato's upcoming Battroid only VF-11 or Yamato's upcoming transformable VF-11?

I know that without photos this will be mere speculation but I am curios. I want to pose in Battroid mode so I am glad that they are making one in battroid only but I wonder if their transformable version (whenever that will be released, god or Graham, knows) will look as good, better or worse than this one in Battroid mode.

I wonder which will look better in Battroid mode, Yamato's upcoming Battroid only VF-11 or Yamato's upcoming transformable VF-11?

I know that without photos this will be mere speculation but I am curios. I want to pose in Battroid mode so I am glad that they are making one in battroid only but I wonder if their transformable version (whenever that will be released, god or Graham, knows) will look as good, better or worse than this one in Battroid mode.

just speculating but i'd imagine the battroid only version will be better since they don't have to worry about trying to make anime magic, so to speak. its strictly a poseable figure so they don't have to worry about the transformation sequence or other factor s that enter when you're making a TFable toy.

just speculating but i'd imagine the battroid only version will be better since they don't have to worry about trying to make anime magic, so to speak. its strictly a poseable figure so they don't have to worry about the transformation sequence or other factor s that enter when you're making a TFable toy.

That sounds like good reasoning. I hope that you are correct about that too because I do want to get one of these to pose next to my Isamu CMS figure.