Yamato GN-U Non-transforming Macross Action Figures

Graham

hahahaha!! nice avatar, YFs peeing!!

LOL :) Just don't try to resell them, because no one will buy them now, just like the Seinfeld episode :)

"We're sorry sir, these action figures have been flagged.

Flagged?

We can't resell these action figures. They've been in a bathroom" :lol:

Wow, seeing it all taken apart like that actually makes it look like - a toy - rather than just a pricey collectors' piece. I think that's rather nice, actually.

Think I'm going to have to get me an 11B...

So I decided to finally pick up the GN-U after owning the Revoltech YF-19/21 for a couple weeks now. I didnt expect to like them to much since I wanted the dynamic poses that Revoltechs allowed. But I'm really glad I got them now. I dont really pose them but they look great in the classic lineart stance imo.

After I stopped comparing them to the Revoltechs, I like them a lot more now. To me, I dont see them being good for dynamic poses, but just great true-to-the-lineart figures.

One of the biggest thing that bugged me was the YF-19 cod piece. It looked kinda round around the edges. It was a easy fix and I sanded it down to make it look closer to the lineart. I also edited the top part of the piece to have that knotch the lineart has. Heres a couple comparison pics.

post-2208-1215720557_thumb.jpgpost-2208-1215720561_thumb.jpg

I hope Yamato releases another set with fast packs and more accessories. I wasnt a big fan of the "gripping" hand for the GN-U figures. I had trouble getting them to grip their guns with it. I hope Yamato makes more; I wouldnt mind getting a GN-U VF-1 too.

Edited by AlphaHX

Just got a review of the YF-19 up on my site. I was fairly impressed with the GNU but I think it prices itself out of the international buyer's realm. Here's a nifty scale comparison for everyone though:

GNU%20YF-19%20Scale.jpg

Visit www.anymoon.com for the review. I'll be putting up a Revoltech review and then pitting them against each other soon(ish).

Just got a review of the YF-19 up on my site. I was fairly impressed with the GNU but I think it prices itself out of the international buyer's realm. Here's a nifty scale comparison for everyone though:

GNU%20YF-19%20Scale.jpg

Visit www.anymoon.com for the review. I'll be putting up a Revoltech review and then pitting them against each other soon(ish).

I remember waaay back when I just heard rumblings of a toy company planning on making a YF-19 toy in 1/72 scale. I was sooo excited, and now your pic reminds me that they (Yamato) has made 4 of the 5 toys you modelled, and the only one I don't really care for is the original 1/72 that I was so excited about early on!

Edited by physioguy

After seeing these pics, I could see getting this VF11. Only if they don't end up making the transformable 1/60, though.

I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere, but the wings on the back of the VF11 are extendable. It's purely an aesthetic addition, but this is the only way to actually see the UN kite hidden by the backpack. I'll post pictures as soon as I can.

I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere, but the wings on the back of the VF11 are extendable.

http://macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?show...4293&st=540

Sorry dude, month and five days late but yes really cool feature wish it was also on the YF-19 and YF-21.

Great YF-19 photo line-up. It is a stairway to heaven. B))

http://macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?show...4293&st=540

Sorry dude, month and five days late but yes really cool feature wish it was also on the YF-19 and YF-21.

Yup, You beat me!

I've picked up also a YF-19 and 21. i must say that VF11 remains my favourite, with YF21 close second. YF19 leg articulation leaves much to be desired, even if the figure in itself, while not really all that poseable, is quite good looking.

I wish I had pre-ordered two of the VF-11 and not just one. They are all great little figures so I doubt that they will be discounted again anytime soon.

The only thing keeping me from ordering a second is the hope to see a fast pack version.

We should also see fast pack versions of the 19 and 21 but Yamato needs to include swing wings, few extra hands, and a stand along with the fast packs.

Some comparisons: VF11 GNU vs VF11 1/144 Bandai model kit and YF 19 &21 GNU vs Revoltech.

My final say is:

GNU are stylish but exaggerately overpriced (they are really growing on me and the 11 is just gorgeous, but don't buy them if you want super-duper poseability, especially the 19 with its ugly knee articulation). The lack of fast packs is unforgivable, for their tag price.

Revoltech are simply too cool and affordable to let them slip by. And they come with tons of accessories :)

post-6533-1216720695_thumb.jpg

post-6533-1216720705_thumb.jpg

Edited by Nexx Stalker

My YF-19 GNU vs Revoltech post is up. It includes some pics of a very heavily washed/weathered GNU. That's the real strength of these toys, they're so much better to modify than Revoltechs. That said, I don't modify my toys and the Revoltech has a better price and comes with more accessories which, combined with their better pose-abilty, makes them the winner.

Here's one of the pics of the heavily weathered and worn YF-19 doing battle with the Gnu YF-21

Custom%20Gnu%2019%201.jpg

Note - I didn't weather the Gnu myself, I have no such skills. The weathering was done by someone who enjoys the site.

• 3 weeks later...
On sale where? I still need the VF-11.

oh, sorry... i bought it retail at a local store here in the PHilippines for around $24+ from $33. not sure why they put it on sale, though... hope its a sign that other stores will mark down the prices for these. BTW, the VF-11 is really cool too, oversized gun and all... i think the huge gun is cool esp with the bayonet at the end... a way of overcompensating for its lack of screen time on mac+. :rolleyes:

Edited by m0n5t3r

I wonder if this means Yamato got the VF-X license back? Either that or maybe they're showing off someone's custom? It's listed as a Macross Plus item... which it ain't.

The blurbs mentions repaint and masking so, it looks like it's custom job. It may have been done to illustrate how modifiable the GNUs are.

I just picked up the Revoltech YF-19 and YF-21. Love the -21. I really didn't like it when I saw the pics here on MW, but after I opened it, I changed my mind. The -19 was somewhat disappointing because of the sloppy black paint app on the guns on each side of the head. Also, one of the black arrows (right side) on the head is shorter than the other. Anybody else have sloppy paint on the head?

Cool figures, but why couldn't they make them to scale with the other Macross Revoltechs?! So lame.

Edited by sidearmsalpha