Yamato GN-U Non-transforming Macross Action Figures

Graham

SCOOP

Time to set the record straight.

There has been a lot of rumour, speculation and ill-informed guesswork flying around in the last few days regarding the so- called 1/60 scale Yamato VF-11B. I now have permission to set the record straight.

Firstly the picture from the January issue of Dengeki Hobby magazine (attached below) is not of a Yamato 1/60 scale VF-11B toy. Nor is it a transformable toy.

I have permission to tell you that Yamato will be releasing a new line of highly articulated, non-transforming action figures in early 2008. This line will feature Macross mecha, as well as mecha from other series, such as various super robots.

The big news, is that the first wave to be released in Q1 2008, will feature not only the VF-11B battroid, but also the YF-19 and YF-21 battroids (all non-FAST Pack).

The toys should be somewhere between 13cm to 16cm tall IIRC and will retail for a fairly low proice point, about 1,500 yen IIRC. The line should be called "G-Nu Dou" I think.

Given the success in recent years of lower budget toy lines such as Revoltech, HCM-Pro and MSiA, I think it was only inevitable, that Yamato would also jump on the bandwagon.

While I haven't seen the actual products yet, I've seen the CAD designs for all thee Macross Plus mecha and they look pretty impressive.

The release of this toy line will in no way impact Yamato's larger 1/60 scale transforming toys, which Yamato remains firmly comitted to.

Graham

post-11-1195986699_thumb.jpg

Thanks Graham

Mixed opinions already about this one, but I say more Marcross is Good Macross wether I buy it or not. Sooner or later someone will make the wow toy/model and theres more chance of that the more stuff thats made.

Edited by big F

Thanks for the soop Graham!!!

Can you tell us (appart from being highly detailed as you said) if the new toys will follow the lineart? I don't like the liberties in proportion that all the superposables take.

I hope they do enemy mecha and destroids both in this line and 1/60 or 1/48!!!

This is what i can make out with the help of a friend.

dou is the item that is newly presented this time

the special feature of this item is it's handy size and price

and it's fully movable model

it's like the full movable model..

(seiously, i am not sure whether it's right or wrong)

and then this item (or this series of works)

and a number of robots (rival, power-up version etc)

are currently lining up (for sale or so, not sure)

Tried my best, sorry if it's not much help.

Edited by kensei

SCOOP

There has been a lot of rumour, speculation and ill-informed guesswork flying around in the last few days regarding the so- called 1/60 scale Yamato VF-11B. I now have permission to set the record straight.

Firstly the picture from the January issue of Dengeki Hobby magazine (attached below) is not of a Yamato 1/60 scale VF-11B toy. Nor is it a transformable toy.

I have permission to tell you that Yamato will be releasing a new line of highly articulated, non-transforming action figures in early 2008. This line will feature Macross mecha, as well as mecha from other series, such as various super robots.

The big news, is that the first wave to be released in Q1 2008, will feature not only the VF-11B battroid, but also the YF-19 and YF-21 battroids (all non-FAST Pack).

The toys should be somewhere between 13cm to 16cm tall IIRC and will retail for a fairly low proice point, about 1,500 yen IIRC. The line should be called "G-Nu Dou" I think.

Given the success in recent years of lower budget toy lines such as Revoltech, HCM-Pro and MSiA, I think it was only inevitable, that Yamato would also jump on the bandwagon.

While I haven't seen the actual products yet, I've seen the CAD designs for all thee Macross Plus mecha and they look pretty impressive.

The release of this toy line will in no way impact Yamato's larger 1/60 scale transforming toys, which Yamato remains firmly comitted to.

Graham

Wep that's what i was thinking (and what i've said in the other thread)

i've seen evas in préorder at my local store ;)

http://www.nautilus-anime.com/detailO-toys...-prototype.html

http://www.nautilus-anime.com/detailO-toys...-test-type.html

http://www.nautilus-anime.com/detailO-toys...tion-model.html

this line looks great :) and that's even better that yamato is releasing macross mechas :)

Edited by isamu_dyson

SCOOP

Graham

With that said, Graham was referring to the model in the CAD picture not being 1/60 for sure, and I hope with that last sentence a VF-11B in 1/60 is still possible.

Thanks for the news, Graham. This is certainly not what I expected, but welcome news nonetheless.

Based on the CAD drawing of the VF-11, it seems Yamato is going for really accurate proportions and concealed joints. Looking at these drawings, it's clear now why you had such a problem with the Revoltech shoulder joints. However, I still have my concerns. The one thing the Revoltechs do well is joints. The Revoltech joints may look aesthetically intrusive at times, but for an action figure that will be used and articulated hundreds of times, these joints are an absolute dream. The Revoltech joints don't loosen over time and more importantly, a single joint can hold the entire weight of the figure, allowing for amazing poses.

The Yamato figures have a tough act to follow. I'm going to be critical of the ability and durability of the Yamato figure articulation more than their look. But, I'll say the price is sure right :)

Edited by Mr March

OMG, cheap Macross Yamato stuff! :p

I wanted some small M+ mecha love so good news. Could the rumoured gasapon from Toykingdom be this new line?

Hope the YF-21 is spot on to the line art (loooong legs and tiny torso).

great news!! thanks!

no wonder you kept bashing Revoltechs articulations... hehehe! hidden agenda FTW!

Hehe, I knew that smelled fishy :lol:

*edit*

I see ball joints... time to stock up on superglue/nail polish.

Edited by Twoducks

Wep that's what i was thinking (and what i've said in the other thread)

i've seen evas in préorder at my local store ;)

http://www.nautilus-anime.com/detailO-toys...-prototype.html

http://www.nautilus-anime.com/detailO-toys...-test-type.html

http://www.nautilus-anime.com/detailO-toys...tion-model.html

this line looks great :) and that's even better that yamato is releasing macross mechas :)

OUHHH your local store is nautilus

they are so bad

I mean price are so high

just a RIP OFF

for an example they sell the SV-51 at 309 euros so 450 $$$$$$$$$ using 1.46 USD/EUR

seriously is this a joke ???? :wacko:

those items will be good if they respect the proportion but I will pass on that for sure concerning the aircrafts

A non transformable toy is not a macross toy

more for u

:lol:

So this is going to be a line of smaller toys not in any consistent scale right? Like a VF-11B in battroid will probably stand about the same size as a YF-19 in Battroid? That could be kinda cool, it might mean we'll get some tougher to make toys because of their size.

So this is going to be a line of smaller toys not in any consistent scale right? Like a VF-11B in battroid will probably stand about the same size as a YF-19 in Battroid? That could be kinda cool, it might mean we'll get some tougher to make toys because of their size.

How do you get that? The VF-11 is only slightly taller than the VF-1 in Battroid mode; it's 12.92 meters tall. By Comparison the YF-19 is 15.48 meters tall. I hope they are to scale and the VF-11 is noticeably smaller.

Your Pass has been vetoed. Non transforming battroids you lose! - suck on it EXO.

Yamato makes expensive figures that are pretty crappy in quality. I have a few of them mostly appleseed. I'm gonna stick to the variable stuff unless they made destroids and enemy figures in scale to the current lines. PASS!

How do you get that? The VF-11 is only slightly taller than the VF-1 in Battroid mode; it's 12.92 meters tall. By Comparison the YF-19 is 15.48 meters tall. I hope they are to scale and the VF-11 is noticeably smaller.

Well at this point anything is possible but I'm thinking it will have no consistent scale because:

1) No scale has been mentioned, just an average size

2) The line will include mechs of various shows, not just Macross. So if you're building 100' tall super robots and 10' power armors then you can either throw scale out the window or make lines for particular shows in scale.

Also, scale inhibits and it sounds like these toys are meant to be cheap (and thus extremely cheap for Yamato to produce).