Compositing animation DYRL extended

boinger

Hello:

So far, I cannot figure out how to use chroma key under vegas video to get Jupiter to show up behind the macross / zentraedi space battle. Would anybody know of a quick way of removing a outer space background to replace it with the planet Jupiter?.

I tried Sony Vegas with chroma key, but I'm starting with a psx dyrl video that has a black outer space background that refuses to be recognized by the chroma key function and compositing just makes Jupiter as a background transparent and obscures the foreground zentraedi / macross battle.

What I did do is screen capture a frame to jpeg, then use paint.net to paint out the background parts with a solid green colour, then used the "magic wand" to pick out the green parts, then inverted the picture, so I could copy and paste the zentraedi ship onto the jupiter background.

What I would like to do is have a much easier way of doing this, since I would need to do this procedure over 600 times to get all the pictures to have Jupiter in the background. Basically, I would be reanimating every frame to include Jupiter in the background. What a hobby!

Thanks for any suggestions!

I don't have working knowledge of the program you are using however there is a chance this might help you. If it has a luma keyer you might want to try that. Since there is now color in the BG a chroma keyer may not work as well. A luma keyer is made just for that. You can invert the matte that comes out of it. If not then you might want to see if the program has any roto tools. If it does then all you have to do is make a spline shape and animate that throughout the shot. It really isn't as hard as it might seem. With a ship or something that is not organic half the time you only need keyframes on every 40 frames or so. It is much more monotonous on organic shapes. I was a compositor on over 20 films and did roto for quite a few of them. Most of the work I did had key pulling of some type.

Hello:

So far, I cannot figure out how to use chroma key under vegas video to get Jupiter to show up behind the macross / zentraedi space battle. Would anybody know of a quick way of removing a outer space background to replace it with the planet Jupiter?.

I tried Sony Vegas with chroma key, but I'm starting with a psx dyrl video that has a black outer space background that refuses to be recognized by the chroma key function and compositing just makes Jupiter as a background transparent and obscures the foreground zentraedi / macross battle.

What I did do is screen capture a frame to jpeg, then use paint.net to paint out the background parts with a solid green colour, then used the "magic wand" to pick out the green parts, then inverted the picture, so I could copy and paste the zentraedi ship onto the jupiter background.

What I would like to do is have a much easier way of doing this, since I would need to do this procedure over 600 times to get all the pictures to have Jupiter in the background. Basically, I would be reanimating every frame to include Jupiter in the background. What a hobby!

Thanks for any suggestions!