F*ckin BP8...

MasterOfPuppets

Ever since I broke the BP8 on my first 1/48, a Hikkie 1J, I've been extra careful when transforming the rest of my 1/48s and when putting on armor or FAST packs. So just now, I go to transform my Millia 1J which has been in fighter mode with FAST packs on for the longest time. I take the FAST packs off and go to transform when I see a stress mark forming around the BP8. Unbelievable! Is my Millia forever trapped in fighter mode? Argh, this pisses me off so much. Is there anything I can do?

Ever since I broke the BP8 on my first 1/48, a Hikkie 1J, I've been extra careful when transforming the rest of my 1/48s and when putting on armor or FAST packs. So just now, I go to transform my Millia 1J which has been in fighter mode with FAST packs on for the longest time. I take the FAST packs off and go to transform when I see a stress mark forming around the BP8. Unbelievable! Is my Millia forever trapped in fighter mode? Argh, this pisses me off so much. Is there anything I can do?

Ive not tranformed mine that much so I dont have the stressmarks yet.

The only thing I think you can do is buy 2 more one for each mode that way you wont stress them. Yamato know this so its all a conspiracy, get your alumiumfoil hat ready.

Ive not tranformed mine that much so I dont have the stressmarks yet.

The only thing I think you can do is buy 2 more one for each mode that way you wont stress them. Yamato know this so its all a conspiracy, get your alumiumfoil hat ready.

No way....!!!! The brainwashingis starting again!!!! Good thing I kept my hat from last time. Phewwww :blink:

But no really....what part is the BP8??? A pic would certinaly help.

Edited by misterryno

are you sure your transforming it correctly? I have a bunch of these and transformed them all repeatedly. you know your not suppose to push it up like the 1/60s right? That part doesn't isn't even to take up any stress because you just flip it up and push into the back plate.

Thanks for the sympathy Sumdumgai. Yeah, I'm transforming it properly. I transform my Roy 1S much more often and it's perfect. When you transform a FAST packed valk, is it best to remove them every time or just leave em on? Since I think one of the major contributors is the wiggling of the FAST packs when you have to take them out. I'm thinking about sanding down the little stopper that keeps you from folding the BP8 too high. It might reduce some stress.

I've got quite a bit of experience transforming 1/48s for my site. When I transform the supers I take off the missiles and the missile booms but only because they'd fall off during a transformation anyway. I think the backpack gets put under far more stress from adding/removing parts than it does in transformation. I've only broken one bp8 and in the end it was my fault because I hadn't recessed the small triangular antenna when I brought the backpack down.

OK... Now I feel like a noob again, just like that time I asked what a booby duck was (and then proceeded to use the term as if I knew it all along)...

What is a BP8?

Ummmmmm......LOL......I asked this smae question 8 posts back and no reply. Maybe they will like you more. LOL

BP8 is the back piece that folds up in Battroid mode. The back boosters for the FAST packs plug into this piece. It's held onto the main body by 2 very small pieces that protrude from the back with a pin in place.

I sanded down the stopper and gave it a go and now it's in Battroid mode with FAST packs on. Scary procedure, and I think I'll be leaving those FAST packs on for good unless I decide to sticker it up in the future.

Thank you for the definition. That is very helpful to know. The BP8 on my 1/60 Elintseeker comes off almost everytime I look at it. I have never even transformed this one but had to handle it to get it in just the right position for my flexidisplay stand and the thing came off about 6 times in one night while trying to get the right position.

I have no idea but it sounds delicious.

LMAO!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

It truly does sound delicious! I love booby and I love duck. It could be an exotic delicacy that can only be found at very fancy Chinese Restaurants. Like the one that Minmay's family owned.

A booby Duck is another term for fast pack. It shows up in the SDFM episode ....? Forgot which one but I think it is the one where Misa goes back to earth and sees her dad?

LMAO!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

It truly does sound delicious! I love booby and I love duck. It could be an exotic delicacy that can only be found at very fancy Chinese Restaurants. Like the one that Minmay's family owned.

A booby Duck is another term for fast pack. It shows up in the SDFM episode ....? Forgot which one but I think it is the one where Misa goes back to earth and sees her dad?

LMAO....I am about to watch that episode next. Let's see what episode am I on....ummmmm episode 6 of the 3rd disk of 4.....ummmm crap...well I will see it soon enough. Too funny.

My two cents about this:

1. Don't "wiggle" the strike boosters out...that indeed will guarantee you eventually break the BP8... you DO NOT need to "wiggle it" ... just gently pull it out by placing your fingers between the booster and the BP8 and nudging...ever so slowly... wiggling is utterly pointless and is liable to give you a heart attack

2. OBVIOUSLY you have to take the boosters/fast pack out of the BP8 before going from fighter to gerwalk or gerwalk to fighter or battroid... basically it's suicide to transform the thing with the fast packs attached - you're just asking for trouble.

3. Are you using the stabilizer in battroid mode? The "chair" thing that comes with the strike parts?

It's sad to hear of valks breaking... so sad.

VFTF1

LOL... it's only a BP-8 if it's on the 1/48... that's the part number, if you look at the owners manual there's a diagram that numbers out all the parts.

I just found 2 recast BP-8s... too bad I already traded it for something else.

LOL... it's only a BP-8 if it's on the 1/48... that's the part number, if you look at the owners manual there's a diagram that numbers out all the parts.

I just found 2 recast BP-8s... too bad I already traded it for something else.

LOL....That is too bad....I wish they made it so the booby ducks where easier to get off though. The BD's on my stealth come off pretty easily without TOO MUCH force. That makes me :D

2. OBVIOUSLY you have to take the boosters/fast pack out of the BP8 before going from fighter to gerwalk or gerwalk to fighter or battroid... basically it's suicide to transform the thing with the fast packs attached - you're just asking for trouble.

I couldn't disagree more. The BP8 is just a hinge, it's not supporting the weight of anything (except in Battroid). The only time it should be at risk of breaking is when you are removing or adding the boosters or when you are trying to lock the back pack into place in Battroid.

They should have made that damned part in die cast. As is, it's a potentially fatal flaw.

Hopefully if/when we get a new 1/60 VF-1, it will use that same design but in metal... at the very least some metal o-rings on each side of each loop.

Edited by Uxi

They should have made that damned part in die cast. As is, it's a potentially fatal flaw.

Hopefully if/when we get a new 1/60 VF-1, it will use that same design but in metal... at the very least some metal o-rings on each side of each loop.

I know that i am a noob here, but i agree.....

Out of all the parts that needed to be made in diecast is the BP8, i would also like to add the BP4, BP9 ( with a metal rod somehow connecting them both ) and BP7 to the list.

Edited by altermodes

I couldn't disagree more. The BP8 is just a hinge, it's not supporting the weight of anything (except in Battroid). The only time it should be at risk of breaking is when you are removing or adding the boosters or when you are trying to lock the back pack into place in Battroid.

Gotta agree with you, during normal transformation, no one should have a problem with this part, unless they're trying to force the back pack up higher than it should in battroid.

With the packs, it can be tricky, but as long as you support the back pack so there's no lateral movement, you should be fine.

Sorry to hear about your break, MoP. I've been lucky to never have any problems with the BP8s on my Valks... defintiely going ot make sure I'm more careful from now on!

can someone please explain to me how to "push in" the back pack into the back plate? I fold up the BP normally, i dont force it and i tried pushing it into the back plate but nothing happened. what am i doing wrong? I support the Fast packs by flipping down the small booster cover and rotating it towards the nose of the plane so the back pack does not fold down. What else can i do?

can someone please explain to me how to "push in" the back pack into the back plate? I fold up the BP normally, i dont force it and i tried pushing it into the back plate but nothing happened. what am i doing wrong? I support the Fast packs by flipping down the small booster cover and rotating it towards the nose of the plane so the back pack does not fold down. What else can i do?

You need to depress the back hatch and then you can use the little latch on the back of the hatch to secure the backpack and then use the the collar piece that came with the fast packs to keep everything in place.

To depress the hatch, I insert it at a very slight angle so that you're not rubbing the little nubs that hold the hatch in place.