Curently Watching SDF Macross TV Series

misterryno

bad animation???

In some episodes, I believe a studio called Anime Friend did the animation, and was downright terrible. Its been noted several times. You can definitely tell who was doing the animation, whether it being Itano himself, the team that did the good animation, and certainly when there was a bad studio doing the inbetweens.

Edited by Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0

bad animation???

In some episodes, I believe a studio called Anime Friend did the animation, and was downright terrible. Its been noted several times. You can definitely tell who was doing the animation, whether it being Itano himself, the team that did the good animation, and certainly when there was a bad studio doing the inbetweens.

actually, i was referrin' to the fansub group called anime friend. yea, the animation is not the best, i noticed a scene where roy only has half of his head (i simply laughed at it). but, my bad animation comment was referrin' to ppl on anime forums who complain about bleach and naruto filler havin' bad animation. i was not referrin' to macross. anyways, i know that 70's and 80's anime was low budget and alot of anime style came from these restricted budgets (like movin' the camera from one side of a still picture to the other side of it) so i have no problem watchin' old animation that the younger ppl call "oOo xiet, that animation is terrible, i don't see how ppl used to watch that).

I'm currently rewatching via the ADV dvd set. But thanks to you guys' critical input, I'm ditching that set as soon as my Animeigo set arrives (should be tomorrow). It is soooo GOOD to watch the show again after all these years, and ESPECIALLY the way it was meant to be seen (and heard). No whiny-ass Reba but Mari I. all the way!! Plus the script/dialog and storyline is much more mature than the Robotech "original." the only "downside" to the show is the unevenness of the animation (which makes me appreciate DYRL even more than I always have). The songs are sooo insanely catchy.

Until now, I've never watched the show from dvd. I still have my VHS tapes from wayyy back in the day when I taped Robotech-Macross off TV, but haven't watched them in years. Geez I'm feeling my age here, but I *heart* the Macross story and characters now as much as I ever did back in the 80's. The "Macross F" trailers up on YouTube really rock. B))