Ride Armor Comparison

eriku

Hmmm... i must get those weapon set!!!

if they're only avail in japan, then i'd try to get some deputy service to get them for me.

anyone from SG? maybe we can share the cost (not sure how much atm). but i already pre-ordered both megahouse bikes, so...

BTW, i dunno if it was mentioned before - the megahouse mospeada's accessories box is only avail for Rey's set, whereas for CMS the storage boxes come with both. also, megahouse's Rey's set come with these:

photo05fu0.jpg

if they're only avail in japan, then i'd try to get some deputy service to get them for me.

anyone from SG? maybe we can share the cost (not sure how much atm). but i already pre-ordered both megahouse bikes, so...

BTW, i dunno if it was mentioned before - the megahouse mospeada's accessories box is only avail for Rey's set, whereas for CMS the storage boxes come with both. also, megahouse's Rey's set come with these:

photo05fu0.jpg

Shun, u might wan2 to count me in =)

After taking a close look at both prototypes it's Megahouse all the way for me.

It's overall look and feel just sits better with me.

I might concider a Lancer cyclone from CM.

I have already preordered Stick and am now concidering Rey too.

I gotta warn people about megahouse, I've heard there was a big difference in what the promo photos showed and reality for the L-Gaim Heavy Metal Figures they released a while back. I believe every shot we've seen of megahouses stuff has come straight from their promotional adds. I want to see some real shots of the actual product before I commit to anything by megahouse.

Edited by GobotFool

That doesn't neccessarily apply to everything MegaHouse puts out though. My Orguss Orgroid looks every bit as good as the promo pics, as does my Panda Z. I'm thinking MH will be making a conscious effort to get these Mospeadas as well-made as possible considering they have lots of competition.

I may be crazy, but I'm still going for the CMs AND the MH mospeadas. Seems a little superflouous, but I like them both too much to choose one over the other. The Toynami has yet to win my heart.

Edited by eriku

Shun!!! Nice pic man! Ahh awesome, now we know his pack opens up. Joy!

Weapons pack shouldn't be that hard to get, we'll sought it out before that time comes i'm sure of it. :)

M-House are turning up the heat now, pre-order is safe.

----------

I'm just gonna go all out and do up a forest/ruins diorama with Stick and Rey! Gonna be kick ass! Bike looks good by itself too.

Revy should be a bit smaller, so she should still be able to pose good on a Ride/A.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

photo05fu0.jpg

Wow, they went all the way with accessories for him while Stick got the shaft (no pun intended). I'm still up in the air over which one to get (I learned today that the $60 I'll be saving by only getting one is going towards the Omega Supreme re-issue). I'm really leaning more towards Rei b/c he comes with lots of extras and honestly, Stick's rifle probably won't be hard to make and some armor plates w/ little rock pods aren't a huge deal either (considering they are basically flat panels with two tubes glued on).

We still don't know what "extras" Stick will get yet, too early to think he won't get something special.

Atleast i can't understand why they would do that! : /

I could completely imagine him coming with nothing special since he's going to be the character everyone wants anyway (or at least the most popular character). So if I was the company, I'd have to ask myself why I would want to spend extra money to include "extras" if the toy would sell just as well without them and it would force people to buy the other guy to get the "extras".

i guess, but other than the missile pods on the arms and rifle (the rifle is a huge draw point in why i'm getting him) he is too bland, Rey is overloaded, the plasma (plasma?) cannon is pretty unique in itself and the fact that he gets the packs that open and EVEN gets stuff to place inside it seems too big of a difference. I guess it's YF-19 1/60 all over again.. :(

imo Rey is just as important as Stick and looks a hell of alot cooler anyways.

Another thing, so we won't get a helmet with liftable visor? Doesn't look like it does it? : /

Really hope that's the case, would be icing on the cake.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Counting down to Feb , well i suppose MH is the better interms of appearance..

But thinking back at CM corps design, i feel they are more sturdy.. more durable but in size very small..

Any more pics of the megahouse any one? i mean box pics or more pics that we've not seen before?

I think most of us will be dying to see more pics on that =)

comparing stick n rey's mospeada, i prefer the arm missiles + handheld gun than rey's little fixed arm gun (never liked the shape of that gun - and its never been effective vs invids >.<)

considering most people like stick better (coz he fights better lol), stick's set should sell better, i guess that's why they didn't give the storage boxes to stick and even came up with the extra weapons set campaign for people who bought both. BTW, these pictures were available some time back, so.. nope stick's set don't seem to come with extras.

pic source: http://www.megahobby.jp/variable_action/

rey's my fav character, so i'm gonna get him no matter what. :)

hope they have liftable visor, that'd be cool.

scroll to the bottom, there's a pic of it. i hope its not Photoshopped or something!!

http://www.megahobby.jp/special/scoop.html

yup, sure looks like liftable visor B))

BTW, i think Megahouse and CMS mospeada are almost similar in size? maybe juz 1 cm ~ 2cm difference in height?

OT abit > what about omega supreme? they're coming out with re-issue of it? in encore series? >.<

Edited by Shun

no problem ;)

i'm thinking if somehow we can get megahouse's at an even better price, then maybe we could do a slight modification to stick to make him look like the 'hero' colonel who betrayed his men. they both have same hairstyle and looks somewhat similar, just need some recoloring of hair and clothes, adding a mustache and a pair of shades B))

coljlg9.jpg

:p

pics from: http://members.optusnet.com.au/~cyc01/char.htm

BTW does cyclone the webmaster of the above fansite come to this board? love his fansite :wub:

Edited by Shun

lolz. Can be done deffinently. :D If they never bring out Sticks gal to pair him up with i might do a mod as well.

And what about uhh whats his name... "Dusty" (sorry Mospy fans i still haven't acquired the original DVD set yet)

Imagine them doing his Ride. If only it was an actual "Ride Armour" ho Ho!

---

Hows about Rey's Survival packs? Each of those accessories wouldn't all be able to fit in "one" pack right?

So each individual piece would have to be packed into the 3 packs.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

dunno about the survival kit accessories how they're stored in the boxes, cept the pics. hmmm there's no MB sign on the side of the box?

BTW, some more old pics from WonderFest 2007. was hoping they include a figure of Mint with Rey, but i think its just a teaser that we'd never get... :(

WONDER%20FESTIVAL%202007%20(SUMMER)-12-08-2007_08.jpg

WONDER%20FESTIVAL%202007%20(SUMMER)-12-08-2007_11.jpg

we need invids too... ALL of THEM!

EDIT: the 3 weapons bonus pack - not much info revealed yet, cept that its available for people who bought both Megahouse stick n rey's mospeada, and there's some voucher or proof-of-purchase in each box. further details on how to get the bonus weapon set or if its avail to outside japan (probably not?) not yet revealed.

PS > "Dusty", if he's the one with part mechanical body, is named "Rainy Boy" in the original series. not sure of robotech names... =X

Edited by Shun

So I've been noticing stuff about the Megahouse. Good stuff, it looks like.

In the pictures Shun posted above, it looks like Rey's bike is leaning to the right, meaning the forearm cannon must have a good amount of clearance with the ground. I was afraid it'd scrape the ground when the armor bike leaned to the right at all.

Also, in the above pictures, and others, we see the wheels at different distances from the chasis, as if the swing arms that the wheels are fixed to can be adjusted to different angles. This is good, if true, because I'd like to lower the front of the bike and lift the rear. In the CAD design, the front of the bike looks really high to me. But if the "suspension" is adjustable, no worries.

Yeah ok Shun, well i hope we get a big group together and get some awesome dude to go and collect a mass order of the accesory set for everyone that needs em. :D There will much rejoicing. :p

Rainy Boy?? lolzzz I remember now, i think his full name was Dusty Aeirs...

Agree with Lonely Soldier Boy! Poseable figure but don't change the face~!

Danth, i thought of that too how awesome it would be if the suspension would be adjustable...

ok, more CMS mospeadas... i think u guys have seen these, but was it mentioned before that the common soldiers (green body type) are limited to 100 sets only during the WonderFest (Feb 24).

2194193618_429b31745e.jpg

pics source: http://blogs.yahoo.co.jp/damien_sancho/52061259.html

Those still look cheap. And the fact that both the figures on the left have a front headlight that isn't sitting properly makes it look like a loose part.

ok, more CMS mospeadas... i think u guys have seen these, but was it mentioned before that the common soldiers (green body type) are limited to 100 sets only during the WonderFest (Feb 24).

2194193618_429b31745e.jpg

pics source: http://blogs.yahoo.co.jp/damien_sancho/52061259.html

Thanks for the pics. These things are really looking like some high-quality toys. I love how the harken back to the 'sturdy plastic toy' look of the 80's.

Can't wait for these to start shipping.

Wow, a limited edition of 100? That sucks, I'd love to get one. If anyone is going to Wonderfest I'll gladly buy that guy off you!

and that right there was the last nail in the coffin.

i really hate it when company makes some exclusive figure making it impossible to complete their collection. this is right up their with my dislike of having to buy blind cases to get a chase figure.

100% pass.

i'll go with megahouse for now but they got that stupid ass mail away thing going on. :mellow: