Ride Armor Comparison

eriku

hmmm i dunno much about decals or scanning but is it a good idea to place a ruler beside the decal so that we can use the ruler as a reference for scaling? just a suggestion. :p

Edited by Shun

The Beagle looks awesome but not US$600 awesome.

Some shots of the MH with the leftover parts (front shocks and handles… and the head) attached to the back. Also of the CM in the Bandai action stand II.

post-2996-1207119490_thumb.jpg

post-2996-1207119609_thumb.jpg

post-2996-1207119701_thumb.jpg

post-2996-1207119766_thumb.jpg

post-2996-1207120393_thumb.jpg

post-2996-1207120054_thumb.jpg

post-2996-1207120098_thumb.jpg

The CM looks great. I hardly notice all the screws it has (just the ones on the boxes). The bad thing is that transforming can be a bit irritating. Bike mode is fiddly whereas the MH not (too bad since the CM looks a lot better in this mode than the MH).

The MH kinda let me down at first. The mate finish looks nice but for some reason I don’t like how the paint feels in my fingers. Transformation is a Lego explosion (even of parts that shouldn’t be remove pop off) and you only feel everything is tight in bike mode. Can’t get it to stand either, the thing is incredibly back heavy. The face is awesome though.

I like em but I don’t have a clear favourite. The MH didn’t reach my high expectations whereas the CM exceeded my low expectations.

Edited by Twoducks

That's REALLY COOL! Can you give us a step by step of your process thus far? I would also like to know what kind of doll you used so maybe I can try my hand at one. THANKS!!!

:ph34r:

Thanks. But it's difficult to post WIP pics because of the way I work. I often change the way i'm doing something half way through.

I'm going to put faux leather on the seat too. I also have three sets of interchangeable hands. And the face will be fully painted (although it's from a prepainted figure I had lying around ^_^ )

I'm also using Revoltech joints to hinge the armor plates.

The "Mandoll" is just some cheapie thing Im picked up from Kotobukiya. Didn't even have any stickers on its clear plastic baggie. Sorry. But you can find similar in most Toys r Us' probably.

Edited by Alex

I bought a 1/15 ride armor kit the other day in order to upgrade my MH. I'm going to give them the proper tinted helmets and I used the sticker sheets from those instead of the elusive MH ones. Look like they'll work just as well.

Well, seems i forgot my parents had a scanner, but max picture size i can put is 10 meg, so here is one at 1200 dpi at 3.6 meg. Otherwise, i have one at 2600 dpi at 11.3 megs that i made, but cant attach here. Hope its enough:

They include a moustache sticker?!

Edited by magicsp00n

what are u going to change on the MH?

Well I already gave Ray bigger wheels (go back a few pages for pics) and I will give them the blue, clear visors from the kits. And of course i'll give them the stickers from the kits. I have so many bloomin Mospeada customs going right now what with this and my 1/12.

Edited by Alex

Well I already gave Ray bigger wheels (go back a few pages for pics) and I will give them the blue, clear visors from the kits. And of course i'll give them the stickers from the kits. I have so many bloomin Mospeada customs going right now what with this and my 1/12.

That sounds fantastic. PLease post some pics. Also...what 1/15 kit are you using. BTW....thanks for the info on the "man doll" I will be looking out for this.

Twoducks,

Those are some GREAT poses mate!!! Would you mind also posting them in the "Strike a pose-Mospeada version"? I'm gonna look more in depth to them later for right now I am at work :( .

The ET sticker in the MH sheet suggests we will see a Mint figure after all. I hope it's a poseable one :)

I don't know enough about Mospeada to know what the "ET" sticker means. Can you elaborate for me please? THANKS

Mint, the hyperactive girl sidekick-for-comedic-relief, wears a cap with the ET logo on it. We've already seen a prototype figure of her with the first color pics of the bikes. She was riding the bike behind Rey. It was a solid piece (i.e. no joints) and some of us were speculating whether MH was to pack her with one of the bikes or not. I hope the ET sticker means that she is still in the pipeline. If that's the case we may get to see some more support characters :)

Mint, the hyperactive girl sidekick-for-comedic-relief, wears a cap with the ET logo on it. We've already seen a prototype figure of her with the first color pics of the bikes. She was riding the bike behind Rey. It was a solid piece (i.e. no joints) and some of us were speculating whether MH was to pack her with one of the bikes or not. I hope the ET sticker means that she is still in the pipeline. If that's the case we may get to see some more support characters :)

THANKS for the insight! It would be a surely sneaky way for them to tell us yet not tell us what is on its way out.

THANKS AGAIN! I need to get "Genesis Climber Mospeada"

Got my processing info from BBTS today for the MegaHouse today! YAH!

WOW BBTS took a while eh?!? :huh:

If you guys find someone that wants to make decals for everyone, then i can send him the higher res pic.

i've been working on a set for a few weeks now, using a lower res scan of this, and an IMAI model kit set of decals. I have also created original decals so "scott" and "rand" can personalize their bikes.

So far the set is going to be both on clear stock, and opaque as some of the decals cover up some of the pre-stamped details on Stick's bike.

i've even used the RPG books as reference for some, and added a few UN SPACY, and REF logos and macross symbols.

if you can send me a higher rez scan, ill be able to get more details.

i've noticed in EVERY single review of the Megahouse ride armor, and in every pic ive seen, they have mis-trsansformed the feet, or rather, NOT transformed them at all. The instructions are very poor, and only mention the feet swivel out some, but infact, the heels seperate from the toes, to give the foot a longer stance, and MUCH MUCH MUCH better balance.

The foot separates from the heel?? That must take a lot of force 'cause I putzed around with that foot quite a bit. Do you have a pic?

The foot pulls forward about 5mm away from the heel. It's in step 12 of the instructions.

The foot pulls forward about 5mm away from the heel. It's in step 12 of the instructions.

Well yeah, I figured that out, but this:

The instructions are very poor, and only mention the feet swivel out some, but infact, the heels seperate from the toes, to give the foot a longer stance, and MUCH MUCH MUCH better balance.

I need to see a pic of that.

Thank you for that, I'll have to try this out and see if I can't get some better poses down and update the post.

EDIT - Yeah, it seems bass-ackward looking at it here. What needs to happen is for the heel to go backward, not the toe to go forward... I don't really know how the toe moving forward would help all that much but I'll give it a try.

Edited by jenius

Okay, just making everyone aware that pulling the toes forward on mine definitely stressed the thin plastic sides of the slide joint. There are now white stress marks visible, so be careful. It also didn't really help the balance at all on mine (or at least from what I could tell).

Okay, just making everyone aware that pulling the toes forward on mine definitely stressed the thin plastic sides of the slide joint. There are now white stress marks visible, so be careful. It also didn't really help the balance at all on mine (or at least from what I could tell).

PHEW!!! I am glad that you mentioned this. I was JUST about to grab mine and try it out. I WILL be careful. THANKS.