Ride Armor Comparison

eriku

I'm not quite as put-off by LE pieces... but I like them to at least be accessible to the people who know about them and want them. When pieces are so limited you can't possibly get them without winning some sort of lottery or something? That blows. If CMs made these exclusives to their website, I'd be cool with that. Chase pieces seem to take the toy hobby and marry it to the card collecting hobby. I collected cards a very long time ago and have no interest in going back down that route again. I'm really hoping the MH weapons set ends up being like the 1/48 clear parts set where we have some member who can hook us up with them.

why the surprise? i can't think of a single person that likes collecting lines that they can't complete...that is without paying out the ass for some exclusive/limited item, its a huge turn off for a lot of people. theres quite a feew toy lines i would've collected had it been "fair" for everyone but when i hear/read "chase, exclusive, or limited", i just move onto other things. i feel no desire to pay an outrageous sum of money because some guy thats not even into the toy line, buys them up just to scalp them on ebay, which is pretty much what happens with anything chase/exclusive/limited.

why the surprise? i can't think of a single person that likes collecting lines that they can't complete...that is without paying out the ass for some exclusive/limited item, its a huge turn off for a lot of people. theres quite a feew toy lines i would've collected had it been "fair" for everyone but when i hear/read "chase, exclusive, or limited", i just move onto other things. i feel no desire to pay an outrageous sum of money because some guy thats not even into the toy line, buys them up just to scalp them on ebay, which is pretty much what happens with anything chase/exclusive/limited.

Surely you don't think everyone is a completist. I know some people are, but it's always been my general impression that most people aren't, especially when it comes to expensive Japanese toylines. I can't say I'd feel a nagging emptiness in my collection without an annonymous green Mospeada rider that nobody was expecting or asking for to begin with.

Surely you don't think everyone is a completist. I know some people are, but it's always been my general impression that most people aren't, especially when it comes to expensive Japanese toylines. I can't say I'd feel a nagging emptiness in my collection without an annonymous green Mospeada rider that nobody was expecting or asking for to begin with.

no not at all but a lot of people tend to want the toys they can't have, this will probably be one of those toys.

i wasn't really interested in these because of their small size but i would've considered picking them up if i found them cheap. but as it stands now, with no possibility of ever colelcting them all, i've lost all interest in these.

to each his own i guess. :)

I believe there is one mass-produced (although certainly in limited quality) Mospeada toy I do not own (including paint variants). It's not a very good toy but I do anticipate I will own it some day. CMs has just introduced a toy I will never have any hope of owning. That kinda bums me out :(.

I feel for you completists, but I can't say I'm upset about this news. I only want the main characters, the faces I grew to love while watching this series. I could care less about some CF dudes. :unsure: What's to stop you guys from buying another character and painting his sleeves green?

What's to stop you guys from buying another character and painting his sleeves green?

i feel you but you could say that for every toy out there.

its simple, if its not original then its just not the same.

same reason why painting a VF-1 grey doesn't make it a Low-Viz.

Fair enough. I just figured this was far less complex a mod than your example of a vf-1 to low viz. But yeah, there is something to be said about owning an original.

But honestly, it's nearly impossible to be a completist with ANY line. Look at the 1/48 for example - you'll never own a Credit Card Valk, so that will always be a hole in the collection. Buy what you like and try not to go bankrupt due to OCD, I say. :p

I still think the main characters look great, which is all I wanted from this line to begin with.

Edited by crasis

Fair enough. I just figured this was far less complex a mod than your example of a vf-1 to low viz. But yeah, there is something to be said about owning an original.

But honestly, it's nearly impossible to be a completist with ANY line. Look at the 1/48 for example - you'll never own a Credit Card Valk, so that will always be a hole in the collection. Buy what you like and try not to go bankrupt due to OCD, I say. :p

I still think the main characters look great, which is all I wanted from this line to begin with.

its like sam kinison used to say, i didn't even know i wanted til you said i couldn't have it!

BTW, that was him talking about how anal sex is a lot like the beginning of the bible. :lol:

Edited by do not disturb

its like sam kinison used to say, i didn't even know i wanted til you said i couldn't have it!

BTW, that was him talking about how anal sex is a lot like the beginning of the bible. :lol:

LOL, SK isn't quoted nearly enough anymore. :D

I'm more interested in getting the green CM Legioss and Tread.

Anybody know if you can buy internationally from their site?

Nope, its for japanese only. grrrr <_< According to their net shopping webpage, "The application from overseas is refused."

lmao... yeah i guess its true. i don't really like CMS' bike - looks crappy plasticky what everyone said, but now that i know i cant get that limited green guy, it sucks!

guess i just close one eye and try hard to forget about this exclusive :p luckily its just a nobody, i'd be very very pissed if they released the colonel as exclusive...

Edited by Shun

wonderfest is on feb 24 in tokyo, according to CMS' website. (details on WF: http://www.kaiyodo.co.jp/wf/)

photo05fu0.jpg

BTW, i didn't mention that the megahouse webpage says that because Rey's mospeada has less markings, it comes with extra container box n bonus parts but seems like they didn't paint it. i hope that the container box is painted or at least made in the same colors as in the pic above, the other small items are not that important...

(CMS' version or Rey comes with shoulder marking '31' which wasn't in the anime, but was there in the old imai model kits.)

@ruskiiVFaussie

yes, according to the page, the 3d CAD is the same CAD design they have for the toys... B))

Edited by Shun

Nope, its for japanese only. grrrr <_< According to their net shopping webpage, "The application from overseas is refused."

Well, that sure sucks <_<

Any kind soul going to Wonderfest interested in helping a Mospeada fan of the green Legioss?

What I want to know is what happended to the Megahouse Mint. She looked great on the bike.

Edited by Twoducks

What I want to know is what happended to the Megahouse Mint. She looked great on the bike.

That's what I want to know. That prototype is too well done for it to be something they just slapped on for that toy show. If Mint turns out to be some kind of limited exclusive, then I'll join the ranks of bitchers & moaners. Or maybe CMs will do a Mospeada figure collection like they did for Macross. Doesn't seem likely, but here's hoping.

That's what I want to know. That prototype is too well done for it to be something they just slapped on for that toy show. If Mint turns out to be some kind of limited exclusive, then I'll join the ranks of bitchers & moaners. Or maybe CMs will do a Mospeada figure collection like they did for Macross. Doesn't seem likely, but here's hoping.

Yeah, if Mint was an exclusive, THEN you'd see me bitching. I REALLY hope they do decide to release her... and Jim. And Aisha. And the Jeep....

Yeah, if Mint was an exclusive, THEN you'd see me bitching. I REALLY hope they do decide to release her... and Jim. And Aisha. And the Jeep....

Gotta have the Jeep. :) Was there ever a model kit of the jeep?

oh mannnn~~!! :drools:

yeah, count me in! i want that jeep too! (better come with that machine gun as an option).

I want figures of the 7 main characters! And maybe a super sized Regis and those 2 humanoid invids complete with their mecha! Am I asking too much? :ph34r::p

but like what eriku said, that mint looks too well made. at first, i suspected they were gonna include her in the rey pack. but i hope u guys are right - that there's gonna be a jeep set with jim aisha and mint. however, they better make mint able to sit behind rey on the bike just like in that pic. :D

I wish saverobotech and tokyohunter or whoever's going to that WF next month can maybe drop a STRONG hint about the wishlists of the folks here, and find out about that mint figure. :p

and hopefully no more exclusives plzzz! makes it sooo hard for us overseas collectors >.<

mospeada_a.jpg

mospeada_b.jpg

updated website: http://www.cmscorp.jp/news/08wonfes_win.html

yup this is the CMS wonderfest limited cf mospeada only 100 pcs, limited to 1pc for each person @ wonderfest.

looks like Rey's ver + Stick's gun? can't see the face. hell, we've not seen the face for CMS stick and rey have we? looks like a blank face

Pricewise, slightly cheaper at 6000yen (5% tax incl), compared to 6300yen for 'normal' rey n stick versions.

I HATE CMS....

:p

Edited by Shun

Thanks Shun! I love the simplicity of these just as much as I love the detail and 'anime-style' quality of MH's. These really scream "Play with me!!!" Something about that 1980's basic bare-plastic feel that gives these things soul. It's like the transforming ride armor that I always wished the Robotech one was when I was a kid. I loved that toy but it was such a bummer that it didn't transform.

I wish saverobotech and tokyohunter or whoever's going to that WF next month can maybe drop a STRONG hint about the wishlists of the folks here, and find out about that mint figure.

The black ride armor the war reporter chic used towards the end of the show would be good.

CMs smaller size and less detail may make it look more cheap to MH, but I can see myself wanting to get more than one because of it. And yeah I do want to display one with rider and bike just like how some people like to display valkyries in different modes. I have three banpresto cheapy valks displayed on top of my monitor in each mode and never have to worry about transforming them all the time hehe

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker