Ride Armor Comparison

eriku

Once my red and green CMs legioss/tread sets come in I think I'm going to have to do a group shot...

PLEASE do! Can't wait to see them.

:ph34r:

i finished up my reprolabes. These are just prototypes. i need to find a print house that can print on clear paper and print white. These are just printed on avery clear sticker, which is just kind of smokey. The design is pretty locked in, i just need a printer.

Mospeadadecal.jpg

IMG_4508.jpg

i finished up my reprolabes. These are just prototypes. i need to find a print house that can print on clear paper and print white. These are just printed on avery clear sticker, which is just kind of smokey. The design is pretty locked in, i just need a printer.

Those look FANTASTIC!!! I hope you find a printer.

:ph34r:

Drifand pics made want to try a CM's. Is it possible to clear coat them so the surfaces look more dull without losing all the tampo? Drif?

I thought about that! I had planned to clear coat the CM's but was forced to consider these points:

1. Have to take apart the whole toy + mask the windshield. Tough.

2. Close-fitting parts like the shoulder armor would scrape off the coating around that area.

So, no, I decided not to go that route. Now that I've grunged up the toys, the shiny bits don't bother me any more.

Drifand pics made want to try a CM's. Is it possible to clear coat them so the surfaces look more dull without losing all the tampo? Drif?

Testors and Tamiya are two that come to mind.

You can put on your decals seal them with future and then apply coats of semi-dull or dull to highlight wear and other effects. Armor dull but chrome parts glossy.