Ride Armor Comparison

eriku

After taking a closer look, it would seem that someone (beagle) finally got the attachment of the hip armor/rear wheel covers between the bottom of the ride armor and the knee correct. Or at least really damn close. About time I must say.

:ph34r:

RA.jpg

Edited by misterryno

Hey Drifand,

Are you going to ever update your website? I love your pics, but I'm sure you have some nice stuff to add to your collection :)

Too much work, as in real life and also the effort to maintain a toy site. And I'm just about to start my annual shelf reshuffling... Keep kamen riders to showcase Patlabor? Hmm.

BTW, I noticed that the knees of my 1/8 were put in backwards. I swapped them around and it can now bend at a 90 degree angle. Only ever havinbg owned one I don't know if this was just on mine. Anyone else have bacwards knees in their 1/8?

BTW, I noticed that the knees of my 1/8 were put in backwards. I swapped them around and it can now bend at a 90 degree angle. Only ever havinbg owned one I don't know if this was just on mine. Anyone else have bacwards knees in their 1/8?

I have owned several (about 5) i have never seen the knees bend inward before, very strange...

I have owned several (about 5) i have never seen the knees bend inward before, very strange...

Great. I'm the victim of 20+ year old QC issues. Oh, well. It's a much better figure after putting them in the right way around. I can even get it sitting on the bike rather than standing over it.

It looks like there will be a second run of the MegaHouse Ride Armours in June.

F2F have a pre-order up for the MH Stick and Reys at US$57 each:

http://www.fantofan.jp/monthly-attractions.htm#megahouse

Pre-order ends on the 18th of April.

Wonder if these will have the larger wheels as shown on the lancer proto.

If they somehow got the larger wheels in, I'd buy these for sure. It would also be nice if they threw in the mail-away weapons pack to entice folks like me who are still on the fence regarding these toys. Otherwise, I'll stick to my CM's version.

Perfect transformation is totaly un-important to me, i only display my toys before or after transformation, never during.

Tell that to a Transformers fan for fun. :) If you design something to transform, make it transformable, not parts-formable.

Tell that to a Transformers fan for fun. :) If you design something to transform, make it transformable, not parts-formable.

I AM a transformer fan. :ph34r:

It doesn't bother me, It's a diferent interpetation, i'll leave the perfection to my Gakken and soon to have Beagle version.

I'm glad MH also did one..

Oh, and i'm not kidding about the fan part. B))

100_2223.jpg

100_2224.jpg

100_2225.jpg

100_2226.jpg

100_2227.jpg

dude, u so need Swoop!

i prefer perfect transformation if possible, certainly on macross stuff. But if i cant get it Ill survive. besides, isnt a perfect transform Ride armour impossible coz of the anime magic?

Im happy with my MH armours and look forward to the Beagle.

dude, u so need Swoop!

i prefer perfect transformation if possible, certainly on macross stuff. But if i cant get it Ill survive. besides, isnt a perfect transform Ride armour impossible coz of the anime magic?

Im happy with my MH armours and look forward to the Beagle.

Its probably possible to have the bike itself transform without any parts removal, the CMS came damn near close with only the gauntlets having to be removed and replaced. I don't think perfect mounting action is possible though.

Great. I'm the victim of 20+ year old QC issues. Oh, well. It's a much better figure after putting them in the right way around. I can even get it sitting on the bike rather than standing over it.

That's totally strange. Even with mine being fine I cannot seem to get the figure onto the bike. Can you post a few pics in the "Strike a Pose" section with your figure sitting on the bike for me PLEASE!

I AM a transformer fan. :ph34r:

It doesn't bother me, It's a diferent interpetation, i'll leave the perfection to my Gakken and soon to have Beagle version.

I'm glad MH also did one..

Oh, and i'm not kidding about the fan part. B))

HOLY TF GOODNESS!!! That collection is SPECTACULAR!

Dayammmmmmmmmmmmm Drifand!

You make me want to scoop up a pair of CMs ride armor right now! Great pictures!

This one's for all the CM's Ride Armor lovers out there... hit the music, Yellow!

01.jpg

The thing about the CM's is that 1/18 scale opens up a whole world of toy cross-overs, Microman being just one of the possibilities. The so-called 1/15 scale for the Yamato Garland may be true to the mecha size, but the Shogo figure is definitely closer to 1/18... as you will see.

I've managed to add weathering for Stick's ride but haven't completed Ley's. So you can see the difference in later pix. I have also added a custom hardpoint for Stick to mount his rifle onto the bike's front guard. Ley's troublesome fork misalignment has also been fixed...

02.jpg

It's Shogo versus Stick in a no-holds barred street race!

03.jpg

Stick manages to outpace the Garland in a short sprint...

04.jpg

... and then Bernard pushes over into Ride Armor mode!

05.jpg

But wait! Shogo has his own ace up the sleeve...

06.jpg

Maneuver Craft mode...

07.jpg

... gives way to...

08.jpg

Maneuver Slave mode!

09.jpg

What's that light in the sky?

10.jpg

Anime-Magic beam rifle, of course!

That's totally strange. Even with mine being fine I cannot seem to get the figure onto the bike. Can you post a few pics in the "Strike a Pose" section with your figure sitting on the bike for me PLEASE!

What exactly is stopping your figure sitting on the bike? Mine couldn't at first because the legs could not bend enough to let the feet clear the ground. After putting the knee joints in the right way around the feet can now clear the ground and the figure can sit quite comfortably. Can't post pics at the moment but can you post a few in the meantime showing exactly how well yours can sit. Also how much the knees can bend.

Cheers.

Not to pick an argument, but I have to disagree here. The CM's design can be transformed with only the removal of the gauntlets. The rear panels CAN stay attached to the white swiveling arms if you take your time. I appreciate the effort taken to incorporate this feature into the toy, and also the provision of choice: If you're impatient, you CAN take the rear panels off to make things easier. Of course this shouldn't take away any enjoyment you get from the MH's different approach. :-)

Dayammmmmmmmmmmmm Drifand!

You make me want to scoop up a pair of CMs ride armor right now! Great pictures!

Yeah! with them being in scale with the Garland is a plus for the CM.

If they can be found cheap a year from now may pick them up and fill the screw holes.

parts swapping/removal for a $60-ish dollar toy doesn't bother me to much, i mean its only $60.

but it would bother me a great deal if i paid some yamato-esque price and invloved the same amount of effort.

For us europeans the dollar is super cheap 60 dollars is about 37 euro´s 3 hours work max.

That´s why i got 3 :lol: with a forth one comming :ph34r:

What exactly is stopping your figure sitting on the bike? Mine couldn't at first because the legs could not bend enough to let the feet clear the ground. After putting the knee joints in the right way around the feet can now clear the ground and the figure can sit quite comfortably. Can't post pics at the moment but can you post a few in the meantime showing exactly how well yours can sit. Also how much the knees can bend.

Cheers.

I'll take a look later and see if I can explain it to ya. I'll await the pics of yours when you get them.

For us europeans the dollar is super cheap 60 dollars is about 37 euro´s 3 hours work max.

That´s why i got 3 :lol: with a forth one comming :ph34r:

Blah blah blah....the euro CRUSHES the dollar.....blah blah blah.... :p

This actually makes me VERY sad :(

America is supposed to be sooooo great....why does our dollar blow.....I hope for a better economy.

America is supposed to be sooooo great....why does our dollar blow.....I hope for a better economy.

That's actually exactly how it works in an economic sense. Right now our dollar is doing the dirty work and blowing but it's all a regulating process that will work to make the economy stronger eventually which will allow the dollar to stop blowing. All the banks got crazy stupid and now we all get to pay the price. Oh well. At least it doesn't look like it's plunging any more.

At least it doesn't look like it's plunging any more.

God I hope not....if so....then I'll NEVER be able to afford the toys...errr I mean "collectibles" that I want.

...At least it doesn't look like it's plunging any more.

It will if there is another Fed rate cut. It's all a vicious cycle: cut rates to forestall a recession and stimulate borrowing (pump more money into the economy); this leads to a lower dollar value (like any commodity, the more of it you have, the less it's worth due to over-supply); with the weaker currency, energy gets more expensive (one of the biggest reasons for the current crude oil prices is because the dollar is so week... less bang for your buck); the higher energy prices makes everything more expensive (manufacturing, farming, transportation, retail... all feel the pressure of higher oil prices); since oil instigated inflation occurs, consumers tighten their belts on discretionary spending; when the consumer spends less, corporate profits suffer; with lower profits there is less corporate expenditures into R&D, infrastructure, labor force, etc.; lower corporate spending leads to less economic activity and higher unemployment; this leads to a slow down in the economy teetering on the edge of recession which prompts the Fed to cut rates to forestall... And so goes the Merry-Go-Round (this is overly simplified, of course, but you get the idea).

The only saving grace is that a lower dollar makes American goods more competitive in the export market, but it's little consolation when you cringe at where the prices for our favorite obsession have gone, and how much it costs to ship the stuff.

Things will get better once the markets digest all the bad news and people start jumping back in to invest in the next fill-in-the-blank-bubble. Don't you just love market cycles? :rolleyes:

With all that being said, I hope that when the Beagle is released there will be a convergence of a stronger dollar and a lower MSRP than has been rumored so I'll be able to afford it. The thing looks awesome.

Edited by mechaninac