Ride Armor Comparison

eriku

so whats the go, only a month of so between releasw times, are we all gonna get together and get the weapon sets ordered as a batch?

Who's gonna send it internationally? Saverobotech are you up for the challenge buddy?

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

coljonathanmhphoto02arj1.jpg

LMAO.... ok ok ok... crappy PS skillz... :ph34r:

but i'm very tempted to get one more for customizing the colonel... :lol:B))

are there any 1/15 scale sunglasses accessories i can get? i prefer removable glasses rather than using decals (if im lucky enough to get them... )

Edited by Shun

I sure would like to see more finished photos of the CMs. Like others have said, CMs toys are often of amazing quality. With regard to the screw holes, CMs has previously included little plugs to cover those up; I would expect that on these as well.

And who knows with Toynami? They did do a bang-up job on Voltron...

The thing that freaks me out the most is popping off the rider's head for the transformation. It's probably unavoidable if you want the armor to fit well, but it still creeps me out.

I've just been in the mood to rewatch mospeada again after seeing all these toys.

The Beagle looks the best. The CMs has me the most interested (PT) so far. The MH seems to look the "most ready" judging by all the pics seen. (great posability!) Toynami - I'm scared it will fall apart but we'll see.

Someone (a rich guy) has to buy all of them to compare side by side and post a review.

And YES the suggestion of another company attempting legioss and tread sounds like a very good idea. CMs made the chest bits a little too small. (almost like how yamato makes tiny hands hehe) Yamato doing that would be great idea, but don't they already have their hands full with macross and megazone 23? I was so hoping aoshima would be the high qaulity version of the toynami :( If no one else makes the Legios and tread I will probably eventually cough up the dough to get the CMs but given all the yamato macross toys...I might just wait and see what happens. (maybe they drop the price?)

And does anyone feel the characters look really anorexic on the MH? Almost like they did it on purpose because of all the armour they put on? Poor guys must strain under all that weight to carry the armour.. :(:D

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Yo man, yes, you HAVE to rewatch mospeada now, i already rewatched it a month or 2 ago, and with all these new pics, i want to rewatch again!!!

On the toy side, i am quite happy about MH making the toys i want, where one can have the cyclone with or without the helm, and thus be able to have all the heroes of the show. I am curious how the beagle will turn up, that is the only one that seems to par or better than what MH is making. But if i can remove the helm on the beagle, and if the helm is not all well shaded where face cannot really be too shown (like the MH), then i dont see reason for getting the whole set. With MH, its a done deal i want every single one of them ;) As for CM or toynomy cyclones, no thanks, i will pass no hesitation. The legios thread of the cm does look nice (though i would only consider a shadow version), but its way over my budget. So, thank you cyclones for making things right!!!

allegedly it is. No one has seen pictures of the transformation though.

Thanks for confirming for me Gobotfool. If that's the case, I might get a CM cyclone too sometime down the road.

Does MH also plan on releasing Houquet and Yellow's ride armor?

Man, I hope so!! I would love to have all 4 cyclone warriors ...

^_^

There is no news on this sadly. I'll be honest, if they had announced Hoquet's Ride Armour I would have already hunted down pre-orders in for it.

I am really hoping that they will go on and do a Hoquet-type (I can live without a Yellow-version personally), just because she is one of the Mospeada characters I feel most sympatico to. (Her and Stick - so I will definitely be picking up the CMS Stick Ride armour if nothing else).

Karl

Well, at an convention (the same one with the mock-up invid and mint figure), the background has images of CAD drawings (at least I think they are CAD drawings) of all four ride armors, so I'd assume they plan to make them, especially if these sell well. Honestly, they may be done and are just waiting to announce them since so much stuff is coming out all at once that they may just be avoiding any kind of confusion while giving people's wallets time to recover.

I can't imagine why all 4 wouldn't be released by it's respective maker unless the initial Stick and Rei didn't sell strongly. Right now it looks like MH is in the lead with Pre-Orders so I would guess they have the other two ride armors hopefully on the way.

Right now my vote leans toward MH, but the Beagle is definitely looking pretty good, probably better. I'm gonna wait until I see the production pics.

well i think it's gonna be hard as shortening the necks will mean the armour will probably not fit inside the body..

Yeah, I'm hoping they have different necks for the helmet and the head, if not, something should be able to be done, we'll see.

I might get one, but seriously MHouse is damn good enough. :p

Damn straight aussie ^_^

If they are bigger.....it depends on how much bigger and how well they are built....and then we will have to see if anyone has issues with them....then I will consider getting one of those as well besides the MH's.

:ph34r:

Can't say I'm sorry I turned them down. They look really cheap in those newest pics on that foreign site (like they were made for a low cost with little detail).

Edit: Just saw the newer pics posted on the board and I can't believe the tires. They look like they won't stay upward in armor mode.

Edited by protostar8

As I suspected and judging by the instruction sheet, the CMs is as perfect transformation as the old Gakken was. You still have to detach the front and rear armor plates, so I'll stick with my Mega Houses.

To be fair, CMs' look like a lot of fun, but a bit pricey compared to MH's. Too bad we didn't had them back in the 80's, I would've loved them when I was a kid.

Edited by Lonely Soldier Boy