Ride Armor Comparison

eriku

He's very cool about that sort of thing. Carlos is very professional and responsive so if you just email him what you want to do he'll be more than happy to accommodate you and typically does it quickly.

I agree. Carlos is one of the best online dealers I've dealt with. Best customer service ever IMHO.

B))

Edited by Vermillion21

I've read back about scales, prices and pictures...one question though...

Who, in general, has a better track record for quality: CM or Megahouse?

I don't mind a smaller toy if it's going to be higher quality....TIA

I have all of CMS's patlabor figures and they are very solid toys. There were some very minore paintflaws on the diecast of one of my ingrams, but nothing worth crying bloody murder over.

I don't know much about megahouse. I do think some people complained about the quality of their L-gaim figures though.

Edited by GobotFool

I have all of CMS's patlabor figures and they are very solid toys. There were some very minore paintflaws on the diecast of one of my ingrams, but nothing worth crying bloody murder over.

I don't know much about megahouse. I do think some people complained about the quality of their L-gaim figures though.

I know the Orguss figures by MegaHouse are supposed to be very nice.

I know the Orguss figures by MegaHouse are supposed to be very nice.

I have the MegaHouse Orgroid and it's quite nice. Very good QC overall and excellent engineering/construction. The only other MH toy I have is Panda Z, which is a bit older but still a quality toy.

The only CMs toy I have is a Roy Fokker trading figure, which doesn't have the best painjob but I wouldn't compare a trading figure to a gokin anyway. I trust what most people say about CMs toys, which is that they're high-quality.

It does seem a bit odd to have bulbs that aren't LEDs, why go through the trouble if they are going to get covered. Hopefully Megahouse is planning lamp covers like these. A single solid snap on cover would be cool too. Surprised the display models don't have any.

2cyclone.jpg

Now when will CM corp's cyclone see daylight?

Technically it's still "December". We only just saw finished protos a week or two ago, so the boat can't be that close to shore yet. If I had to guess, I would say they aren't coming out until February.

CM's Mospeada is now due January 2008...

I hope this is not pushing back their Tread.

CM's Mospeada is now due January 2008...

I hope this is not pushing back their Tread.

January is OK with me, it's not to far off. And by then I might have gift-return money. :p

I'm still placing my bets on a February release though.

I checked out the ride mode pic > http://www.hlj.com/product/MEG80806 < with Rei riding, and the underbelly is resting on the ground... have we seen this pic before??? For some reason i am only just seeing this, and i'm really considering cancelling my order and keeping with the CM Rei (ordered as well). Unless we have some awesome people that will mod and recast bigger wheels for the ride mode, i think it's looks crap.

Notice how all the pics (deliberate?) are hiding side on shots. CM for the win, even if M/house has a nice armour mode.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

I checked out the ride mode pic > http://www.hlj.com/product/MEG80806 < with Rei riding, and the underbelly is resting on the ground... have we seen this pic before??? For some reason i am only just seeing this, and i'm really considering cancelling my order and keeping with the CM Rei (ordered as well). Unless we have some awesome people that will mod and recast bigger wheels for the ride mode, i think it's looks crap.

Notice how all the pics (deliberate?) are hiding side on shots. CM for the win, even if M/house has a nice armour mode.

That pic has been shown here a few times and has been one of the main points of debate against the Megahouse version, but to be fair the thing is tilted. I'm sure it wont drag on the ground when it's completely upright. Doesn't make the rider and bike any more proportional though.

And yeah, they don't really have any side-shots, at least not on HLJ. Some companies use that tactic to hide design flaws, although often angled pics are just used because they don't look as static and boring as a straight side-shot or front shot. I just got the Sugoi Granzort figure and I had no idea there were so many gaps when it transforms into a head because all of the online pics were angled enough to hide the gaps.

I still plan to get the Megahouse version regardless of dragging underside or disproportionate riders. I want to compare it to the CMs in person!

It's a kinda tough choice but MH is winning out for me so far despite the small wheels, there is too much about CM's in armour mode that I don't like as much.

I suppose there is still no news of Beagle's 1/10 entry? Even a release date? It would be a hard kick if it turns out to be superiour to the other three.

I suppose there is still no news of Beagle's 1/10 entry? Even a release date? It would be a hard kick if it turns out to be superiour to the other three.

I'm confused as to what Beagle actually is. When I mention Beagle on the ToyBoxDX forum they say that Beagle is MegaHouse.

Can anyone clarify that? If that was the case then there are only 3 different Ride Armors coming out. Heh, ONLY 3! :D

I'm confused as to what Beagle actually is. When I mention Beagle on the ToyBoxDX forum they say that Beagle is MegaHouse.

Can anyone clarify that? If that was the case then there are only 3 different Ride Armors coming out. Heh, ONLY 3! :D

Well according to HLJ's coverage of the All Japan Plamodel/RadiCon Show 2007 they are two different products.

They have pics of the Megahouse on Page 3 of their coverage

Then on Page 5 it says Beagle displayed concept sketches and CG illustrations of their upcoming Mospeada toy.

Pic of Beagle's Mospeada display

The CMs one is 1/18, which is Microman/ 3 1/2 inch GIJoe scale... it's pretty small.

Trying to catch up on this. Out of the upcoming ones, the CMS one is the smallest scale then? A smaller scale version is a selling point for me.

Trying to catch up on this. Out of the upcoming ones, the CMS one is the smallest scale then? A smaller scale version is a selling point for me.

Yes, so far at 1/18 the CM's is the smallest upcoming Ride Armor toy.

Yup... I like the fact that the CMS toy isn't huge either... it makes for a better play-figure compared to something like the MH, which will probably spend most of its time in more of a display setup...

I just want something that isn't going to tower over the Legioss/MPC Alpha I have it next to. :)

I guess i may just end up getting the 1 Megahouse one then, wouldn't it piss u off if Beagle is the best of the lot of them.

I was only going to get the extra M-house one just so i can have the spare and mod it for Revy Revy...

And i do think the CM is better proportioned in all modes. Just that the MH one looks awesome in Armour mode.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

I'd imagine smaller scale is appealing to quite a few people. The problem is the smaller scale but higher price tag than MH. I love tiny figures, but they usually have small price tags. If only CM would market it at half that price, I'm sure they'd sell a lot more b/c the price just isn't justified by scale or competitive pricing.

I'd imagine smaller scale is appealing to quite a few people. The problem is the smaller scale but higher price tag than MH. I love tiny figures, but they usually have small price tags. If only CM would market it at half that price, I'm sure they'd sell a lot more b/c the price just isn't justified by scale or competitive pricing.

Luckily with CMs it's justified by quality. :)

Megahouse looks so good in Armor mode, but in Rider mode it looks ridiculous

CM's is inbetween with a so so rider and so so armor. Smaller toy means maybe less detail and more fragile moving parts? Also the exposed screws and oversized helmets are a let-down.

However, with some putty and repainting the CM's might look pretty good, I won't know till I try it though :p

zToynami has the best in rider mode i think, but MH in Armour mode, which is how Id display it anyway.

Honestly, I'm not buying them to display them in bike mode either, so MH is the winner in my opinion. Also, the only part of MH that drags the ground in bike mode is the hip guard/plate. I don't really think it looks all that bad, no worse than CM's gigantic head/helmet.