Ride Armor Comparison

eriku

Not too into Mosepeda, but if I had to choose (and if Yamato would stop releasing damn VFs :p) I would choose the Megahouse ones, but proportions, articulation and details by far.

I'm afraid to say that the CMs looks the crappiest, and the Toynami comes second. If there is a point where the Megahouse ones fail, it's the fact that the human figure alone looks terrible with the arms and neck.

- The cms one looks good but unfortunately too small

- Toynamy however got a better looking action figure but the bike sucks.

- Megahouse got a nice bike but the actionfigure looks kinda skinny and not so 80's.

Based on pics so far... my best bet is cms. Best overall.

But i would prefer megahouse bike with the toynami tires and actionfigure. :p

Btw...one crucial factor: yellow/brown windshield and helmet glass is missing on the toynami and megahouse ones.

Edited by Kin

HLJ has stopped taking orders for the Megahouse Cyclones.

Good thing I got my pre orders in early.

I hope anyone else who wants them has pre ordered already too.

Whew. I made it in time.

Sorry if it's been asked before but I'd like to know how good is the build/quality control for Megahouse figures?

Whew. I made it in time.

Sorry if it's been asked before but I'd like to know how good is the build/quality control for Megahouse figures?

I'm kinda curious to know that too??? I've never bought anything from them that I'm aware of. I'd wager it's pretty good though b/c they make all the palm action figures and those are supposed to be fairly good.

My Megahouse Orguss is a quality figure and has been a lot of fun going through somewhat complex transformation.

I think Orguss can give a good benchmark for the upcoming Mospeadas.

Quality of palm action figures improved drastically ever since Megahouse stopped using PVC.

(Megahouse Nikick is made of PVC, and it is a floppy mess.)

Edited by konimon

My Megahouse Orguss is a quality figure and has been a lot of fun going through somewhat complex transformation.

I think Orguss can give a good benchmark for the upcoming Mospeadas.

Quality of palm action figures improved drastically ever since Megahouse stopped using PVC.

(Megahouse Nikick is made of PVC, and it is a floppy mess.)

Agreed, I think the Orguss is really well made. A lot of people call it fragile, and to be fair it does 'feel' fragile at first, but that's because it's so lightweight because of the tiny size. MegaHouse really should be commended for their engineering on the Orguss figure because there are so many small moving parts and they all hold together really well and stand up to multiple transformations and even play. I love it and if MegaHouse uses the same standards on the Ride Armor then it will definitely be worth the price. The only other MegaHouse toy I have is Panda Z, which is also a very well made and fantastic figure. Fits right in with my SOCs and that says a lot.

so far, probably the megahouse because it looks more detailed but i don't know nor own any of the toys they put out.

you already know toynami is putting out some substandard, why even bother?

CM's looks like they haven't gotten very far, or anywhere for that matter.

so far, probably the megahouse because it looks more detailed but i don't know nor own any of the toys they put out.

you already know toynami is putting out some substandard, why even bother?

CM's looks like they haven't gotten very far, or anywhere for that matter.

To be fair, CM's really doesn't look that bad. It's basically a test shot (maybe even pre-test shot since there isn't any ride armor mode shown), so who knows how theirs will end up.

To be fair, CM's really doesn't look that bad. It's basically a test shot (maybe even pre-test shot since there isn't any ride armor mode shown), so who knows how theirs will end up.

well thats my point, its still a 'test shot' while the other 2 companies have taken leaps and bounds in comparison.

it really wasn't fair to include them in the poll to begin with but since they're there, i put them in last place.

i'm sure when CM's does post some pics of their ride armor, toynami will be bumped down to last, they stay owning last palce.

I have CMs listed because, even though it's an early proto, at least it's something physical. There is one I didn't list with the others that may turn out to be awesome, and that's Beagle's. They have nothing physical for us to examine however.

I have high hopes for all of these, except for the Toynami. There is no denying that it looks great, but Toynami is like that dick uncle who keeps flashing a dollar bill at you when you're a kid and when you reach out to grab it he pulls it away and says, "sucker!" I very much hope I'm wrong and that it's a high-quality toy with no QC issues.

Does anyone know the sizes? Scale, and how tall each is.

1/8 gakken is ??"

1/15 Mega House is ??"

1/12 Toynami is ??"

1/?? Beagle is ??"

1/18 CM corp is ??"

In terms of human being scale, 1/18 is around 3 inches, or the size of a Microman, GI Joe or Star Wars figure. 1/12 is a 5 or 6 inch figure and 1/8 is maybe 9 inches or so (considering a 12" figure or doll is 1/6 scale). So the CM will be the smallest, with MegaHouse being a bit bigger, then Toynami being a bit bigger than that and Gakken being biggest of all.

Not sure what scale the Beagle will be.

plus it's a tiny 1/18 scale... it's actually has pretty good proportions.

CM's Corporation Legioss/TREAD is still on track. Today I was invited to an industry only upcoming toy release event in Tokyo and CM's finally had the Legioss and TREAD displayed again along with their Ride Armor toys. The Legioss and TREAD displayed was not the same one displayed at last Winter Wonder Festival. They had a test mold made of black plastic and metal parts. Making it out of solid black plastic makes it easier to spot imperfections in the mold. There was still no official release date or price set but look like possibly early 2008 since the purpose of the event was to showcase upcoming releases and not stuff in the works.

Sorry guys no pictures since this was a small industry, I'm sure pictures will surface either way.

Just posted today at the CM's Corporation Legioss/TREAD discussion thread :D

CM want's to be the first to release a new Cyclone!

post-2996-1195666759_thumb.jpg

post-2996-1195666798_thumb.jpg

Stick

Rei

Size: approx 120mm

Details: PVC・ABS・POM・Die-cast full-colored action figure

Release date: 2007 late Dec !!

Price: 6,300yen

Found in sgcollect.com forums

Wow, they do look nice!!... but the little buggers are more expensive than the Megahouse ones. I need bigger pictures but I might pick one CM and one Megahouse.

And prepare your wallets 'cause it looks like Feb is CM's Legios/Tread month!

Edited by Twoducks

120mm = 4.724 inches. I'm guessing that's the height in Armor mode. In that case, with an actual height of 2.05 meters, this thing is a hair smaller than 1/17 scale. Bigger than I thought, and they look good, too. I was hoping for a cheaper alternative to the Megahouse, but with Japanese toys, when is anything cheaper?

There were cheaper valkyries that were about this height for Macross fans (I got one shipped for $12 and it had all the extra armor and it was awesome). Lots of Gundam figures in the FIX line are incredible figures with tons of accessories for cheaper than $45. CM is just flat out overpriced, especially with competitive market like the one that's forming.

I forgot to add that I know that the company can be pricey sometimes, but it's usually in areas where they have no competition at all so they can demand however much they want.

Edited by protostar8