Ride Armor Comparison

eriku

we still haven't seen an armour on for the CM's right?

Something that was worrying me a bit too was that on the old gakken, the swingbars were all metal, and fairly chunky, yet all the new ones are seemingly not metal, nor very strong looking. I guess maybe the reduced size means plastic is ok to use, but for the weight they will surely have on the them, Im wondering how had it will be to cold caste some metal bits lol. (im not being negative, really! hehe)

No pics have been seen of the combined armor form for the CMs yet. I'm sure they'll come along very soon though.

As for the swing bar, I would place my bets on the CMs version being metal. It sure looks like it in this photo. Another plus for CMs!

post-430-1195164495_thumb.jpg

Nothing is perfect transformation, there is anime magic everywhere. SEriously not a problem removing stuff here and there. IF it was a Valk it would be a different stroy but i'm meh on needing the MH to be better than it is already, and it's awesome now.

i agree with what u have said.. haha..

=)

I've bad news on the Megahouse ride armor:

I was looking at the armor mode pic and specially liked how the shoulder seats so high up, unlike Toynami's. Then I started to wonder how the shoulder pice got in that position and I got scared of the answer: the shoulder piece should be swappable i.e. even farther to perfect transformation.

I thought that to make this possible Megahouse would've to have made a small hole or slot on each shoulder pad of the pilot. So I went to my Ridearmor Toys folder in search for pics and to my horror I found this:

If you look at the battloid mode picture on page 1, you can clearly see a gap between the hand-guard/shoulder area and the main body. Definitly is detachable.

Has to be the MH version at this point as I've also preordered them ( going to be expensive Jan/Feb this year) but I do like what may become of the CM version as I do like small detailed items. But I must say I'm not to fussed on the MH in ride mode as it really does look small and the necks on the riders look a little odd but I'll display them in armor mode and they excel in looks over the Toynami version. I have to date never bought any toynami product and I don't plan to start now.

No pics have been seen of the combined armor form for the CMs yet. I'm sure they'll come along very soon though.

As for the swing bar, I would place my bets on the CMs version being metal. It sure looks like it in this photo. Another plus for CMs!

ah cool, didn't notice that! I do like CM's stuff like its GaoGaiGar stuff, so if its a good price, it could be good hand candy ^_^

That's a good question: Do we know for certain that MH plans on releasing the other two bikes? Hell, I'd even buy Long with the Jeep if they make one!

that would so rule!!! And they could include Marlene/Aerial and Mint if they are obsessed with not including her with Rey.

And a whole crate of configurable "Gallants" for all the gang (5 or 6) and a Sal-9.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

What i really want is.... http://www.robotech.com/infopedia/mecha/viewmecha.php?id=25

Yes! Go to RT.com! Blind your eyes in all it's rip-off glory! :p No seriously i want this to be made, if only they could make it ... in 1/15 scale... sauciness.................. Or even make it in scale with the CM Ride Armour... cool! Would love to re-create Rey in the Tread and him going up against the Commander uhh whatever his name is in the jap series... My fav part of the whole series is up till there.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

K, I was digging around the internets and found this picture, which I actually recall seeing a while back. Anyone know which Ride Armor is down in the corner? I think it looks like the MegaHouse but I'm not certain. Def. Not the CM's one...

post-430-1195253783_thumb.jpg

Edited by eriku

If memory serves, Corg = Batra and Sera = Sorji.

Cool, yeah Sera and Corg, but i never knew the jap originals.

K, I was digging around the internets and found this picture, which I actually recall seeing a while back. Anyone know which Ride Armor is down in the corner? I think it looks like the MegaHouse but I'm not certain. Def. Not the CM's one...

Looks to be the Megahouse one, as the riders legs are longer than the others, but it looks sweet as.

That's the Megahouse Cyclone B))

Here's a bigger pic of that prototype

post-557-1195260414_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ignacio Ocamica

What i really want is.... http://www.robotech.com/infopedia/mecha/viewmecha.php?id=25

Yes! Go to RT.com! Blind your eyes in all it's rip-off glory! :p No seriously i want this to be made, if only they could make it ... in 1/15 scale... sauciness.................. Or even make it in scale with the CM Ride Armour... cool! Would love to re-create Rey in the Tread and him going up against the Commander uhh whatever his name is in the jap series... My fav part of the whole series is up till there.

That would be awesome!!!!

Actually, I can't believe that the Mospeada series is finally getting the toy love it so richly deserves. WooHoo!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Edited by Vermillion21

Currently, for MegaHouse, only these 2 are announced right? Will they be making the rest as well?

I'm pretty sure they are. See the picture's background...

Edit: I just happened to notice that CM's has holes in the sides of the boots on the outsides, which makes me think that the hip plates connect there just like the show/concept to support the weight. There's are turning out pretty nice as long as the cost is kept down.

post-2213-1195331523_thumb.jpg

Edited by protostar8

That pic shows Annie/Mint on Rand's back ... are they going to make her too???

As of now, there is only speculation that Mint/Annie will be included with one of the bikes (no official parts list has been given for any future bikes). There is also speculation that the jeep will be made and she may possibly come with it. All I really know is that people posting way back on various forums commented that the company was going to make them all, then at this show, the company had the line-art up for all 4 bikes.

I'm pretty sure they are. See the picture's background...

Edit: I just happened to notice that CM's has holes in the sides of the boots on the outsides, which makes me think that the hip plates connect there just like the show/concept to support the weight. There's are turning out pretty nice as long as the cost is kept down.

So can we expect them to release each bike according to their number in that pic? 1, 2, 3 and 4?

I was hoping Rooky would have been before the Saber...

This has probably been posted before, but this old Gakken Ride Armor commercial really makes me want one. I just may splurge for one before the new guys come out. I love the old Japanese toy commercials that have toys moving and transforming by themselves.

If you look at the other video links there is also a video of the Toynami Cyclone.

Edited by eriku