Finally starting my collection

malakite

Hi all, I'm new here!

As the title suggests, I'm finally able to, after all these years to start my Macross collection.

Remembering Macross from when I was a kid, and finally able to buy them toys now......

Starting my collection with

1) VF 1S Roy (1/48) With Strike Parts

2) Vf 1J Hikaru (1/48) With Armoured Parts

3) VF 1J Max and Millia (1/48) With Super Parts

4) VF 1A Kakizaki (1/48)

5) VF 1A Cannon Fodder (1/48)

6) SDF 1

I'm just wondering..... am I missing anyone else from the (1/48) scale?

Thanks for looking!

Hi all, I'm new here!

As the title suggests, I'm finally able to, after all these years to start my Macross collection.

Remembering Macross from when I was a kid, and finally able to buy them toys now......

Starting my collection with

1) VF 1S Roy (1/48) With Strike Parts

2) Vf 1J Hikaru (1/48) With Armoured Parts

3) VF 1J Max and Millia (1/48) With Super Parts

4) VF 1A Kakizaki (1/48)

5) VF 1A Cannon Fodder (1/48)

6) SDF 1

I'm just wondering..... am I missing anyone else from the (1/48) scale?

Thanks for looking!

1/48 Angelbird

Hmmm... I was thinking of going along the lines of what seems the most prominent to me while watching Macross......

Hikaru in the VF 1S, never seemed right to me ( Roy is the way to go), Hikaru's always been the armoured one in my mind.

Can't seem to remember Max and all in the 1A either... bad memory I suppose?

Nah, I dun think I'm gonna get non-cannon ones.... :ph34r:

I'm strange like dat aren't I?

Yes, it is obligatory that you watch "Macross: Do You Remember Love" (DYRL), the 1984 movie. The animation is fantastic and the story is great of course. This is a must. Then you will understand the VF-1s Hikaru and the VF-1A Hikaru as well. I would not be suprised if you ended up liking DYRL even more than the TV SuperDimensionalFortressMacross. It may be a little hard to find on DVD. DiscountAnimeDVD is backordered on it but you may find it somewhere else. BEWARE OF gamesfantasy.com . I ordered DYRL from them over a month ago and they never sent the DVD, they refuse to answer my emails and their phone is out of service. Those MotherJumpers!!! If anyone knows these bozos please tell them that if Miriya ever finds them she is going to kick some serious Meltrandi ass on them.

Hmmm... I was thinking of going along the lines of what seems the most prominent to me while watching Macross......

Hikaru in the VF 1S, never seemed right to me ( Roy is the way to go), Hikaru's always been the armoured one in my mind.

Can't seem to remember Max and all in the 1A either... bad memory I suppose?

Nah, I dun think I'm gonna get non-cannon ones.... :ph34r:

I'm strange like dat aren't I?

is SDFM, before max has is 1j, all he flew was a 1a...do you remember him sneaking around in his 1a dressed like a zentradi soldier?

I agree with Ruskii...a Hikaru 1s is a must own...no doubt about it.

Hmmm.... this might be a down hill thing after all.......lol

miriya

Yeah, I suppose you are right, I should go get DYRL?.... Problem is, kinda hard to get good quality subbed Anime DVDs where I am... Keep getting ones subbed in chinese or worst..... really bad dubs... sigh...

I suppose it's time I started offering body parts for sale.....Who want's a liver, lightly used, never displayed, MISB (Mint in Sealed Body) :lol:

Did yamato ever release the SDF:M colored Valks? or did they only release the DYRL? versions?

Childhood memories........ :rolleyes:

but the Max 1A that Yamato produced is a DYRL version, while they have yet to make the SDFM max 1A with the white chestplate.

They need to make a few canon TV schemes yet... (Kakizaki 1A, Max 1A, Hikaru training 1A, and more importantly the 1D).

Then we get to DYRL?... (max 1S, kakizaki 1S, VT, VE....)

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

..... Did yamato ever release the SDF:M colored Valks? or did they only release the DYRL? versions?

lol, you need to re-watch the series again. :p They got lots of SDFM schemes out.. just missing those four i mentioned above post.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Hmmm.... this might be a down hill thing after all.......lol

miriya

Yeah, I suppose you are right, I should go get DYRL?.... Problem is, kinda hard to get good quality subbed Anime DVDs where I am... Keep getting ones subbed in chinese or worst..... really bad dubs... sigh...

I suppose it's time I started offering body parts for sale.....Who want's a liver, lightly used, never displayed, MISB (Mint in Sealed Body) :lol:

Did yamato ever release the SDF:M colored Valks? or did they only release the DYRL? versions?

you should check out Robotech.com They have the full SDFM dvd series remastered by animeigo for only $39.99 It is the best release available.

you should check out Robotech.com They have the full SDFM dvd series remastered by animeigo for only $39.99 It is the best release available.

I went to my local anime store and bought a few macross titles myself. SDF DYRL (movie) is really awesome but my DVD player is picky so I had to eject it and reinsert it a couple of time to watch it. I also got Lovers Again (have not watched yet) and also got SDF Macross (tv series) I am watching that now and love it. Also picked up Macross Zero (cannot wait to watch that). I can get you these and ship them to you for cheap if you want. Up to you friend. :ph34r:

They need to make a few canon TV schemes yet... (Kakizaki 1A, Max 1A, Hikaru training 1A, and more importantly the 1D).

Then we get to DYRL?... (max 1S, kakizaki 1S, VT, VE....)

Minor corrections:

Kakizaki never got a -1S (he died in is -1A :() , and I'm not sure about Hikaru's trainer in SDFM -- I believe the much discussed one is the -1J Cannon Fodder.

Edited by Wicked Ace

Minor corrections:

Kakizaki never got a -1S (he died in is -1A :() , and I'm not sure about Hikaru's trainer in SDFM -- I believe the much discussed one is the -1J Cannon Fodder.

Huh?? :o I thought he had his 1S head under that poor Valk slower falling apart in the sea? :lol: You do know i'm talking about DYRL? right? i need to check it again then as i was sure i saw 4 lasers.

As for Hikky's training 1A(or 1J), i thought i saw (remember) it being a 1A, but i'll check it out later.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Huh?? :o I thought he had his 1S head under that poor Valk slower falling apart in the sea? :lol: You do know i'm talking about DYRL? right? i need to check it again then as i was sure i saw 4 lasers.

As for Hikky's training 1A(or 1J), i thought i saw (remember) it being a 1A, but i'll check it out later.

Only Max flew a VF-1S cause he was designated Skull leader while Hikaru and Misa were lost ^_^

Hikaru and poor Kakizaki were flying VF-1A's during that meltrandi attack in DYRL?

Hehe! I just ordered!!!! whoo hoo! But, this is just the TV series right? No DYRL? Movie... hmmm gotta get my hands on that too.. lol

I went to my local anime store and bought a few macross titles myself. SDF DYRL (movie) is really awesome but my DVD player is picky so I had to eject it and reinsert it a couple of time to watch it. I also got Lovers Again (have not watched yet) and also got SDF Macross (tv series) I am watching that now and love it. Also picked up Macross Zero (cannot wait to watch that). I can get you these and ship them to you for cheap if you want. Up to you friend. :ph34r:

Thanks misterryno, but I live in Singapore, how's that gonna work? :unsure:

I surely won't mind, but are they the original Jap with Subs? I prefer those lol

Thanks misterryno, but I live in Singapore, how's that gonna work? :unsure:

I surely won't mind, but are they the original Jap with Subs? I prefer those lol

Yes they all are Japanese with English subs, the TV series you can choose between English and Japanese...I don't mind shipping to Singapore. I have shipped once and it is bound to be cheaper to ship just movies instead of toys. Up to you my friend. PM me with an answer for sure or not. ^_^

Edited by misterryno

Glad and sad at the same time.....My wallet is screaming bloody murder............... :ph34r:

I know how you feel about this....my bank called and was wondering if everything was okay ^_^ Just kidding on that, but seriously I am spending way too much.

they are really good with orders, however on their video they had announced some delays. due to the move. I'm glad their moving cause I do order from them alot. just be patient. I'm sure they will deliver. It' takes a while to move.

Ya know.... the waiting is killing me!

Damn HLJ! I've ordered / paid on the 2nd of Nov!!! It's still not shipped!!!!!!

AAARRRGGGHHHHHHHHH.............*choke choke* :angry:

Guess I picked a bad time to order from em since I caught em while they were shifting!