Okay here it is:

jorawar_b

After driving a certain master sculpter crazy for the past 3 or 4 years, he is willing to look into making a non-variable 1/72 or 1/48 scale Auroran (AJACS).

But here are the conditions:

1. I need as many pictures of the Auroran (AJACS) in both modes, any detailed pictures will help and H x W x L

2. To really make this project work, I need at least 30 people to show a interest, there is no pricing or details yet, but it will be a limited one time deal, so this would be a kit that will hold a lot of value like some of the other rare.

So please help out this is my last chance to try to get this kit going, I have tried it two other times, so hopefully the third times a charm...lol

STATISTICAL DATA:

HEIGHT:

8.9m in soldier configuration.

3.2m in fighter configuration.

WIDTH:

2.8m at shoulders in soldier

6.9m with wings at maximum extension.

LENGTH:

9.0m in fighter configuration.

WEIGHT:

16,800 kg empty

Edited by jorawar_b

List of people interested

Names:

1. robodragon

2. Jorawar (2)

3. THOR (2)

4. NeoverseOmega

5. Ranger 565

6. PatS

7. 1st Border Red Devil (2)

8. Vermillion One

9. Spiff

10. brianthreedee

11. X1Commander

12. CoryHolmes

13. cobywan

14. lord_breetai

15. promethuem5

16. thegunny

17. jipe

18. malakite (2)

19. Grayson72

20. jadefalconguard

21. Totoro242

22. s_i_t_h_l_o_r_d

23. valkyrie cadman (2)

24. cool8or

25. Viceland (3)

26. Major Tom

27. promethuem5

28. neptunesurvey (3)

29. Penguin

30. Rocco 77

Total kits are at : 39 so far

Edited by jorawar_b

I'll chime-in to offer some clarity onto this matter.

Jorwar_b had approached me several times about offering an Auroran (AJACS) model, and my feeling in this matter is the same as it was previously, and applies to pretty much any other project: if it's a subject that I enjoy, that I can find suitable sculpting reference for, and if I can justify it financially, I'll do it.

Thus far, the first criteria is settled, as I think it's a neat concept. With regards to building reference, that could be something of a challenge, as I've never seen any truly detailed schematics of it or its transformation sequence. The last and most difficult aspect is the financial one, and more so for a model that has variable geometry, so I it's difficult to put any price on the model, but I can tell you that it would very likely be over $100, even at 1/72, and even if I had over 50 orders.

Basically, this project is all tentative & hypothetical for now; the potential price depending on how many solid takers come forth and are willing to split the development fees between themselves.

About the transformation sequence, that you might be able to get your hands on something to help within the next year or so. Tommy Yune in more than one podcast announced they had found detailed schematics for the Ajax/Auroran's transformation. Apparently, it had been done during production of the show as they had planned on making a toy of it at the time. Supposedly, that was among stuff loaned to Palladium for the new RPG.

If Cap will do it, whenever he can, I'll gladly pay over $100 for a 1/72 scale Ajax. If Cap needs some investment, I can also pony up some for development if needed. The more people we can get onboard beforehand, the better it is for him (and others).

Capt,

I will also try to get some extra funding if we can get this going, I would consider this a step towards getting other kits made that have never been produced.

As always with any of captians kits, they will only go up in price. Think about it guys, look what the Capt has given us, he has made it possible for us to enjoy and make a connection to the Macross world buy brining to us kits that would have never been made. His quality of work only gets better with every kit.

1st Border Red Devil:

At least when I was in talkshoe Tommy said they would not release it to the public until such time that they used it themselves for a toy, as it would be "irresponsible" to do so as... someone else might make a toy of it and steal their profits. If they loaned it to Palladium I doubt it'll appear in it's full forum in the RPG.

Anyway definitely interested in this project.

Holy smokes...I forgot how ugly that thing is.

I just went through and looked all all those images a few times, just to make sure I wasn't missing something.

Looks like a go-bot in helicopter mode.

Good luck with this project and all though. I've got some favorites that will never see the light of day, so I'm pulling for this underdog project. It'd be nice to see someone get that model they've been burning for for 20 years.

I just went through and looked all all those images a few times, just to make sure I wasn't missing something.

Good luck with this project and all though. I've got some favorites that will never see the light of day, so I'm pulling for this underdog project. It'd be nice to see someone get that model they've been burning for for 20 years.

Bump for interest. I think this would be reaaally cool to see. I'm in for one.

Phyrox, Capt America has given us the ability to see kits that we could never imagine become reality. We have to start at some point, and that point is that Capt should be able to make a profit for his hard work and in return we get is one of the best model kits every made in the macross series.

I need everyones support because if this works just think of all those other kits that could be made.

I thank everyone for your support and Capt for giving us a tool to enjoy his wonderful work.

Edited by jorawar_b

I'm not trying to sound like a hater, but don't you think it would be best to wait for HG to release the detailed schematics before John gets to work on the sculpting? True, it could be a while before this happens, but I'd hate to see John put in a lot of work into this project only to find out later on that some of the proportions on his sculpt are completely off. I'm not questioning John's abilities, but there's scant lineart currently available and I wouldn't put too much faith in the animation's accuracy. Also, as a buyer, I know I'd rather wait and get a near-perfect Auroran than take the plunge right now and risk getting a model that may or may not be accurate.

I understand what your saying and that is something john talked about, getting the proportions right, but if we get enough people interested I am sure john can come close to the spec's.

The bottom line is that this will be a stepping stone to other mecha regardless of if it s macross/mospeada....

This project is going to be an up hill battle but it will be a catalysit in getting other uphill projects going. I have seen the Capt work and when I have the funds, and he has a project I will support him and any other master sculpter.

1st Border Red Devil:

At least when I was in talkshoe Tommy said they would not release it to the public until such time that they used it themselves for a toy, as it would be "irresponsible" to do so as... someone else might make a toy of it and steal their profits. If they loaned it to Palladium I doubt it'll appear in it's full forum in the RPG.

Anyway definitely interested in this project.

Well, if Tommy got ahold of them, then they are out there for us fans somewhere and we can get them.

The Southern Cross DVD set has line art galleries, so its very possible they can be found there. Also, quite often, line art bible pages show up on Yahoo Japan Auctions for Southern Cross. Its also very likley the drawings can also be found there.

Put me down for one of these please.

Well, if Tommy got ahold of them, then they are out there for us fans somewhere and we can get them.

The Southern Cross DVD set has line art galleries, so its very possible they can be found there. Also, quite often, line art bible pages show up on Yahoo Japan Auctions for Southern Cross. Its also very likley the drawings can also be found there.

Put me down for one of these please.

Well again from what Tommy said I think this was something unreleased that Tatsunoko gave HG, and hasn't been published but I could be wrong.

1st Border Red Devil:

::sighs::

Never let it be said that Harmony Gold won't get in the way of having Southern Cross toys. Thats abso-farting-lutely ridiculous of him to call such a thing 'irresponsible'. They haven't given a flying fart before now.....

Ah well...

BTW, here are some better pics of the Ajax/Auroran...

VFH-10Ajax25.jpg

VFH-10Ajax18.jpg

VFH-10Ajax09.jpg

VFH-10AjaxMissileRelease01.jpg

VFH-10AjaxBlasterTest05.jpg

VFH-10Ajax30-1.jpg

VFH-10Ajax29.jpg

VFH-10Ajax27.jpg

AjaxFighterModeSketch01-1.jpg

AjaxBattloidModeSketch01.jpg

The more I look at the design, the more I like this thing.

Not wanting to throw oil on the fire or anything, but in 1/72, the robot would stand at just about 12cm, which is quite tiny. Even in 1/48 you'd only be looking at a full height of 18.6cm, and 28cm in 1/32; fairly compact for a mecha. If it were up to me, I'd go big... But that's just me.