Dunno if this is the right forum to post this....

My home computer won't let me go to macrossworld.com or the forums. I've been forced to check the site at work. Can someone help me out? :wacko:

I've never seen that windows command---will it work/help when you get the typical "DNS not found" error when sites move? Or do DNS errors caused by places moving around depend more on your ISP getting around to noticing/routing correctly?

It's more about when your ISP has updated their DNS server's entry, but your computer is working from its own locally cached entry.

On a couple of occasions though, I've seen it clear things up in explicable ways. Can't hurt. Might help. :)

i did the dns flush and it did not help. tried opening the page on internet explorer and that didn't help either. deleted bookmarks, cache, cookies, etc none of it worked.

i have a different router. i don't think it's my router as another comp that uses my wireless network can get on macrossworld without a problem.

Same problem seems to happen to me, too! I have posted in Macross Nexus about the topic with cyne01, and I have concluded that maybe the firewall in MW is blocking both me and cyne01. We have no problem accessing the site using ip address of MW, althought lot of function is still not available using the ip (ie logging to MW forum). I'm using another computer to post here, which strangely can access the site despite using the same ISP.

The firewall does nothing but block certain IP addresses from access the site via HTTP-it is very specific.

I know its like tech support asking you to email them when their computer is down, but if there is anyway to get the message out to those affected, that if they send or post their IP addresses here, I can go and make sure they are not blocked.

I've not heard about this type of problem before-one computer can access, but another cannot from the same house, unless different software is being used. Perhaps a filtering program/ad blocker/....

Maybe MW got onto some blacklist?

S

Please check any of the following:

-Can you access the site with a different computer from your location/house?

If you can access the site with another computer from your location/house, then it is your computer, not MW.

-If you are connected router, unplug yourself from the router and plug yourself directly into the Cable/DSL modem.

-If you are accessing the site via IP, please flush your DNS cache as noted by Hurin.

*sigh*

i already accessed the site from another computer in the same location, and it works. on my comp, it does not work on both firefox and IE. i already did a DNS flush and used a program called ccleaner and they both did not work.

my ip address: 192.168.1.45

Edited by cyde01

Althrough I don't have the luxury of having another computer to use my own connection, I can safely say that my ISP doesn't blacklist MW, since the computer I'm using in internet cafe also use the same ISP as in my home, and there's no problem entering the site. I think my problem is quite similiar with what cyde01 have.

BTW, FYI my home IP is 219.95.32.185 (server IP 219.93.218.177)

apparently we found the culprit. both sulendil and i use AVG antivirus software. seems like too much of a coincidence that we would both use this software and have problems, esp when other computers using our connections can get to mw no problem. as much as i like mw i like my antivirus protection and don't want to buy a new one. i guess i will have to contact AVG?

Edited by cyde01