.. for the 2D Capcom/SNK lovers 'Question!'

Without bringing the difference in game versions (like some games make a character craptasticular whilst insanely buff others)

... this is just a question of who would be your all time fav 3up fighters. (fashion victims, and just plain showing off)

For me,

1. Ken

2. Joe

3. Dan

Most of the time Joe is an overpowered buff barrel, and if i was in trouble i'd just bring him in and special away.

Ken is my fav, and my combo king. I try to use him most of the time (till boss time) and can't stand him to get knocked out.

... therefore my cannon fodder and all time love of showing off with would be DAN.

I take great pride and joy in demolishing opponents with Dan. haha. His taunts are ebil.

I haven't put alot of thought into this thread, so your answers don't need to be that in depth, just have fun

picking your 3 fighters, and leave a short reason why you chose the three. :D

1. Terry - My all time favorite; a powerhouse with awesome finishers. His combos finishing with the Power Dunk are always satisfying to watch. Besides, only Terry can make that totally 80's outfit look cool (I don't really dig his bomber jacket ensemble).

2. Chun Li - My "starter" in all my trios. Great speed, nice poke moves, and always fun to play when custom combos are enabled.

3. Sagat - FAST projectiles with a nice arsenal of anti-air moves, with good reach to boot. Many a battle was won with Sagat alone.

Another trio i kind of had going was -

(fav Muay Tai fighters)

1. Joe

2. Sagat

3. Adon (depending on the game he was replaced with DAN more than often).

Tiger knees were beautiful to watch, especially to finish with. I felt his Tiger Uppercut was overpowered and a cheat

mobeele so i tried to use the knee more often. :lol:

1. Level 1 Sagat - If you know how to play him, you can be everywhere at once. I love it.

2. Level 1 Ryu - It's Ryu. The staple. Plus, a level 3 fist to the face never fails.

3. Level 2 Akuma - Lots of combos, lots of air time. Teleports and the demon. You can't go wrong.

Definitely Chun-Li whenever possible, she just rocks.

Ken a lot of the time, for Shoto-scrubbing. He's overpowered/cheap in EVERY version, and I abuse it. :)

3rd---never consistent. I like Vega/Balrog, Athena, Kyo, Shiki, Hibiki, Andy Bogard, Mai. (I really like a lot of the Darkstalkers cast, but they're never in the Vs games besides Morrigan--who I can use but not often--give me Rikuo, Q.Bee, Anakaris, Huitzil)

I really want Billy Kane in a vs game...

Tiger knees were beautiful to watch, especially to finish with. I felt his Tiger Uppercut was overpowered and a cheat

mobeele so i tried to use the knee more often. :lol:

Yep, Tiger Knees were a great addition to his move list, but I remember having a hard time pulling it off until it was changed to a DP command with a kick. IIRC, Joe's rocket knee had the same command, and that was changed too.

I used to love using Zangief, especially with all the scrubs who would try to fireball me to death. B))

Would have to be;

Ken - Just awesomeness all the time.

Chun-Li - Quick, lotsa poke moves as stated before - and i love her supers - especially the QCF, QCF+K one. XD

Akuma/Sakura - as my back up!

And when i'm feeling cheap, i bring on the Shotokan boys;

Ken, Ryu, Akuma. A-hyuk.

For characters that have been in VS games only:

Athena Asamiya- has a fireball, reflect, uppercut, teleport, and a mid-air attack that you can do at any height. Has a Super that pretty much protects her from practically everything, and you can corner people with it and juggle them. I believe she can also jump off the wall.

Ken/Evil Ken - Ken is just one of my all time favorite characters to play as, Evil Ken was refreshingly fast and strong. MvC2 Ken has that nice rising hurricane kick. I've always loved his flaming shoryuken. I can't count the number of time's I've countered all sorts of attacks, including other people's supers, with a shinryuken pulled off with a fist or foot already hitting Ken.

Kyo Kusanagi/Iori Yagami/Rugal Bernstein/Vice/Chun-Li/Cammy- I was really good with '95 style Kyo in the later games. With '97+ Kyo, I was really good and could pull off some crazy combos or just play mind games. I was pretty good with Iori, but one of my friends specialized in him and was much better. I was practically unbeatable with Rugal even in Rugal vs Rugal fights. Vice was a really mean character to play as, since I could do all sorts of mind games with her. Chun-Li is my speed-game character. Cammy is total offense for me, and I love her attacks.

For characters in any Capcom or SNK game:

Mature- She was probably my all time best character, even more so than Rugal. She had such an array of techniques, I could use her very offensive, defensive, or play mind games. She didn't have great supers though.

Ralph/Leona Heidern/Ukyo Tachibana (Bust)- Galactica Phantom for you after I knock you down. You get up, you can't block, you go flying and lose at least a quarter of your life bar. :) Ralph has been one of my favorite characters to play as in KOF, even more so when they added Ralph Tackle to his move list. Leona has been a long time favorite, although harder for me to play offensive with her charging moves. I've got a number of tricks with her that let me catch people off guard. Ukyo was my all time best character in Samurai Showdown/Spirits. I could use Tsubame Gaeshi offensively and defensively.

Ken/Athena/and all the rest in my VS list- see VS list.

As far as SNK games go, I've ALWAYS gone with Yuri, Ryo, and Robert. I've had more "come from behind" wins with Robert than perhaps any other character in any other fighting game I've ever played.

For Capcom, I always enjoyed Guile, Charlie, and Captain America in MVC2.

However, my very favorite team in MVC2 was Cable, Psylocke, and Sentinel. Good God does that team run wild over just about everything.

If we were to pick the very best incarnations of any of these characters from any of their games and put them on one team, I'm going to say:

1. Street Fighter Alpha 2 Charlie

2. The King of Fighters '95 Robert

3. Marvel vs. Capcom 2 Cable

Marvel vs Capcom was a brilliant game, no.2 was even better.

I used Ken (such a no brainer) Wolverine, and Ryu... i think.

Ken was brilliant, he had aerial haduken! Sh6t, i think Dan was there too, it's been such a long time,

we got both games on the Dreamcast. :D

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

The all-time best 2D fighting game is X-Men vs Street Fighter. Just the perfect blend of speed, difficulty, characters, music, etc. Everything was just awesome. Nothing beats it, can play for hours against another human (CPU's not as fun). Reason alone to keep a Saturn around.

Ryu+Magneto is a heck of a combo. I like Cyclops (so cheap you can't help but abuse it) and Ken. Or Chun-Li+Rogue or Storm. Akuma+Wolverine does severe punishment to anyone.

Oh yeah--Cammy+Gambit.

The all-time best 2D fighting game is X-Men vs Street Fighter. Just the perfect blend of speed, difficulty, characters, music, etc. Everything was just awesome. Nothing beats it, can play for hours against another human (CPU's not as fun). Reason alone to keep a Saturn around.

Ryu+Magneto is a heck of a combo. I like Cyclops (so cheap you can't help but abuse it) and Ken. Or Chun-Li+Rogue or Storm. Akuma+Wolverine does severe punishment to anyone.

Oh yeah--Cammy+Gambit.

wolverine = button masher's dream come true.

which is probably why x-men vs. street fighter is also my favorite 2D fighting game. ^_^

Depending on the version, I either loved King or didn't use her. The invincibility she had at the beginning of her one super, where she does a flip-kick then leaps to connect, was awesome. Too bad that got neutered in Capcom vs SNK, that game was so harsh on the SNK side. Rock Howard is awesome too. The best of Terry and Geese in one person.