Consistent Registration Issues?

Well, I'm not exactly sure how not allowing free email accounts makes a board "elitist."

However, that's not actually the cause of the issue he's noticing. So, unforunately, he's jumped to an incorrect conclusion and then decided to cast aspersions on MW from a faulty premise. If we'd blocked free email accounts from registering, people would be notified of such when they typed in their email address (it would immediately turn red as you typed it). We don't block any of the free email domains. The current working theory is that when the Macross World hosting service was changed a few months ago, we were moved to a company that may have a habit of being black-listed by some ISPs. Therefore, registration emails don't get through to certain ISPs who have blocked access to our hosting provider.

This is, of course, not because Macross World has ever done anything wrong. But because other people on the same network may have done so.

In the meantime, I've been manually registering people who run into this problem via this procedure. But I don't think anyone's keen on asking Shawn to move to another provider again (assuming the theory above is correct) given how much of a hassle the prior move ended up being.

Please pass this along to your friend! And thanks for helping out!

I've checked around a bit.

MW is actually on a reputable hosting service. And our IP doesn't appear in any block lists that I've found.

Honestly, I'm getting a bit tired of manually registering folks (there's actually a lot of requests via MN). So, I'm going to look into this a bit more over the next few days. No promises though.

Okay. . . have a theory. It's a low-level thing (meaning only someone with direct access to operating system of server can fix it). So. . . contacting Shawn. Fingers crossed.

H

• 2 months later...