New Rules & Regulations Feedback Thread

Hurin

So as not to muddy up the new Rules Post. . . here's a thread for any comments or suggestions. Please try to keep them constructive.

This is not an offer to start including everyone's pet peeves in the rules. We don't want the inmates running the asylum. ^_^

But if you seen something that was overlooked, or poorly explained. Please let us know below.

Please also note that these rules were worked on by several (all?) members of the Macross World Staff.

Its a shame that things have come to this stage and this had to be done. I think the Mods of MW do a fantastic job (nice script on the rules Mods) and for the most part, everyone on here is / seems to be pretty decent. It saddens me that MW has had to take measures to protect itself in this way.

Edited by vermillion01

Its a shame that things have come to this stage and this had to be done. I think the Mods of MW do a fantastic job (nice script on the rules Mods) and for the most part, everyone on here is / seems to be pretty decent. It saddens me that MW has had to take measures to protect itself in this way.

Well, just to be clear, we've always had a rules document. There's actually very little difference between these rules and the old ones (except for the expanded For Sale area).

The newer ones are a bit more succinct, consolidated, and organized. They're also a bit "kinder and gentler" I think. And they're now posted where everyone can see them rather than buried in the "FeedbacK" section at the bottom of the forums.

Over the last year or so, the old rules posting had been changed quite a bit. This just seemed like a good time to "start from scratch" and create a whole new document.

The new ones are pretty straightforward and no-nonsense, just an evolution of the old rules. It's good overall.

And, I think that this part should be underlined in Section II: staying on topic:

"The staff reserves the right to delete and/or lock topics that are deemed to be off-topic at their sole discretion."

I remember there've been some pretty angry members who would go into the feedback section and throw a hissy fit because of their thread being deleted or locked. There've been some members who go about it calmly in a level-headed manner, but the self-righteous ones always spring to mind. It just seems like it would be better to have it underlined, so that you won't miss it when reading through or going back through the rules.

Looks pretty solid to me... I just have one question about this part:

Only Macross, Macross-related, or similar merchandise will be allowed in the For Sale or Trade forums. Please be aware that any item that is not Macross merchandise, directly related to Macross, or reasonably similar may be removed from the Sale/Trade section by the staff at their sole discretion.

Does that mean that other toys and such are still good, or are we trying to /really/ focus on just Macross-ish merchandise?

Looks pretty solid to me... I just have one question about this part:

Does that mean that other toys and such are still good, or are we trying to /really/ focus on just Macross-ish merchandise?

I'd interpret it as: We'd probably allow tranforming toys. Or some anime stuff. But I wouldn't post your toaster here, or your Playmobil collection.

This could be read two ways... and from past experience I believe both ways of reading it are correct... and that is cool.

Heh! Good point. I'm leaving it that way! :lol:

ha! it read like you guys had your lawyers draw it up.

i would gone with something simple like we ain't responsible for nothing up in this piece sucka! and ended it there. :lol:

but hey, you gotta cover all your bases.

Well, the rules a few years ago essentially read like a stream-of-consciousness blog post from the staff about all the different things that annoyed them. :lol: I think this is a bit more --as I said-- "kinder and gentler". . . but still effective.

The new ones are pretty straightforward and no-nonsense, just an evolution of the old rules. It's good overall.

And, I think that this part should be underlined in Section II: staying on topic:

"The staff reserves the right to delete and/or lock topics that are deemed to be off-topic at their sole discretion."

I remember there've been some pretty angry members who would go into the feedback section and throw a hissy fit because of their thread being deleted or locked. There've been some members who go about it calmly in a level-headed manner, but the self-righteous ones always spring to mind. It just seems like it would be better to have it underlined, so that you won't miss it when reading through or going back through the rules.

Aw memories. It always surprized me how for some that would be their first reaction to being moderated.

Well, the rules a few years ago essentially read like a stream-of-consciousness blog post from the staff about all the different things that annoyed them. :lol: I think this is a bit more --as I said-- "kinder and gentler". . . but still effective.

Excellent job. I shall endeavor to be less spam-like in my postings, if at all possible ^_^