Terminator Salvation, colon, Really Long Movie Title

bsu legato

I watched the movie just yesterday, and I really enjoyed it. Yeah, there were a number of plotholes, but there have been since even the very first movie what with paradoxes and everything (also, trying to prevent Cyberdyne from continuing research to create Skynet in the second movie would endanger the very existence of John). I enjoyed it much more than bloody Avatar (BECAUSE I DIDN'T SEE EVERY BLOODY THING THAT WOULD HAPPEN A MILE OFF), and about the same as Star Trek. I expected to hate it judging from bad reviews and also because of the dungpile that was T3, but it was good. Marcus Wright is an interesting character.

Secondly, I wanted to point out something. I mentioned a while back, I cannot remember in which thread, that I was surprised to hear from all of you that Sarah Connor Chronicles takes place in a different timeline to T3 and T4 as I had thought that the Sarah Connor Chronicles were "canon" according to promotional material in Japan. I never found the leaflet that I had picked up which had this information, but never mind -- the chart was on the official website all along.

Just go here: http://wwws.warnerbros.co.jp/sarahconnor/ and click on TIMELINE, at the top. The chart you see has the "official" canon timeline with T1, T2, SCC and T4 set pretty much in stone, and Terminator 3: Lovers Again was apparently given the "alternate timeline" treatment.

Noteworthy is the date of Judgement Day. It is in 1997 originally, of course, but according to this chart it changed to 2011 in SCC due to the events of T2. In the T3 universe, it takes place in 2004. Also, John dies in 2032 in the T3 timeline. I guess they wanted to retcon this stuff.

So, my (first) question is: is there an official source that contradicts this Japanese information? Where did the timeline set-up of "[T1+T2], [T3+T4], [sCC]" come from in the first place (if I'm even understanding it correctly)?

It owould be fair to say that the Terminator franchise has one of the most screwed up timelines in all of SF. (But I am sure that there are worse examples)

Taksraven

Got the Blu-ray back before Christmas and enjoyed it much more than I thought I would. Think the movie works alot better if you pretend Skynet did NOT figure out who Reese was (John would still know, of course, and still be motivated to go get him). "The Trap" angle still works if Connor is just some high profile target from their list based on the effectiveness in the field (as alluded by the leadership on the sub).

Edited by Uxi

Frak, Terminator Salvation Machinima is bad, bad, bad.

I thought nothing could take the franchise to worse depths, but this is just pure crap.

Well, I should of known when the blurb on the DVD box mentioned it was made using a video game engine. Really, watching it, is just ike watching someone play an jerky FPS.

Glad I only bought a bootleg.

Graham

Looks like Lionsgate is going to pick up the franchise relatively cheaply......

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/16076/lio...rminator-rights

Taksraven

Doesn't matter if that is Lionsgate, Sony or Warner Bros get the right for the next movie. As long as they get some better writers and director to do the next movie.

And please don't do anything like Terminator VS RoboCop that sort of sh*t... (as awful as AVP) <_<

James Cameron's review of Terminator Salavation

“It probably didn’t get a fair day in court because I had to watch it at night when I got home from work, over a period of two or three nights. I think Sam [Worthington] is remarkable in the film because, well, I think Sam is remarkable in anything he does. Interestingly, I think McG did a good job in the sense…I think he was almost too referential to the mythos of the first and second film. He over-quoted them in a way?”

“It didn’t feel to me to be enough of a reinvention. I mean the thing we did with the second film is that we reinvented the first film completely; spun it on its ass and made the Terminator the good guy, and came up with a whole new concept for a villain, it felt fresh. I didn’t feel the fourth picture was fresh enough. It also lacked a certain stamp of authenticity because Arnold wasn’t in it. I mean, he was in it briefly, digitally, but that’s not the same thing.”

“I didn’t think it was bad. I didn’t think it was embarrassing. I don’t think he let the franchise down in some huge way, but I did feel some sort of unease that it didn’t go beyond.”

http://screenrant.com/james-cameron-review...ion-ross-38422/

Edited by bandit29

Ok, I've been forcing myself to sit through Terminator Salvatation Machimina & I do mean forcing myself. The production quality, animation, script& voice acting are all absolutely pure crap, with absolutely no redeeming features. Were they deliberately trying to put the final nail in the coffin of the franchise? Do not buy this DVD. You have been warned. Graham

James Cameron's review of Terminator Salavation

http://screenrant.com/james-cameron-review...ion-ross-38422/

McG still has a chance on turning this around, but... People are saying they're going back to time travelling missions, which I really hope they don't do. The Terminator franchise FINALLY gets to the Future War, and they're going to leave it before giving it a proper treatment?

And I'm glad I didn't bite for Machinima :lol:

Still got my Blu-Rays for Terminator 1 & 2 to soldier on.

Terminator: Killing Dyson might actually prevent the war.

John: I don't care. Haven't you learned anything yet? Haven't you figured out why you can't kill people?

Movie company: Time travelling missions might actually prevent the bad rating.

James Cameron: I don't give a f**k. Haven't you earned enough yet? Haven't you figured out why you can't keep making sequels?

:lol:

If anyone wants (and probably not, but I'll let you guys know anyway) DivX and CinemaNow are giving away a free digital copy of Salvation.

http://divx.cinemanow.com/terminatorsalvation/promo.aspx

Use code TS201023

Login or Register a CinemaNow Account

Install the Divx Player

Download the movie

Credit goes to SP33DFR34K from Slickdeals.

Edited by shiroikaze