Terminator Salvation, colon, Really Long Movie Title

bsu legato

Was walking around a local mall and there was this shop selling Lego, and for some odd reason, it had a 1:1 menacing T-800 endoskeleton on display in front of the store. It was HUGE and very real looking cept its eyes aren't glowing and there were some cables that didn't seem to be attached properly. It had a 40 watt plasma cannon. :p

It made me realise how HUEEGGG the T-600s are going to be because the T-800 itself was a 6 footer and was pretty huge despite how deceptively small it looks comparatively to the earlier models in that comparison chart.

Edited by wolfx

Yeah I heard about that, atleast 5 hours including cut scenes, un impressive graphics, and pathetic AI enemies. The only thing I guess is good about the game is the storyline, but everything else leaves you going "WTF? 60 bucks for this?"

It's not even being recommended for a weekend rental...so yeah I guess I'll just have to pass on this. I hope Transformers does well.

I saw the TSalvation game at Best Buy today. All the alarms in my head went on, warning me of "Cheap Movie-To-Game" products. I've always been wary of games based off of movies. They usually tend to disappoint.

Also, something I was digging around for was the TSalvation soundtrack. I didn't find it on shelves today, but I looked online. I have the CD soundtracks for both T1 and T2 (and I prefer the original). I wanted to hear Salvation's take on Terminator, most especially the Terminator theme itself. Surprisingly, from what I've read online, there is NO version of the Terminator theme, period. No using of the original theme, no revision of said theme. It just isn't in the Soundtrack at all. Brad Fiedel's Terminator theme is one of the identifying marks of the franchise, and I'm disappointed that it isn't even present in the Soundtrack. Maybe it'll be in the movie itself? Hopefully, but something that is closely identified with the franchise not present at all in the title soundtrack is annoying.

It's like seeing a Star Wars or Star Trek show that doesn't use their trademark opening themes. Like watching a Superman movie without John William's theme for the superhero. Like watching an Indiana Jones movie without his title theme.

Edited by Warmaker

Early reviews are really, really split.

I was really hoping the reviews would be more positive. Granted its still early, but we all saw how strong Star Trek came out of the gate with the critics. Bad reviews won't stop me from seeing it, but it leaves me wondering if they missed an opportunity here.

But some of the negative ones have no idea what the hell they're reviewing, like this one:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?.../DD7V17N5G0.DTL

However, at one point in the film, Skynet comes up with a new creation that has human skin and can speak, and the company calls it the ultimate infiltration machine.

But wait. All three previous "Terminator" villains looked human and were capable of speech. They could infiltrate human society, too. So how is this new model an advance? And if Skynet really wanted to infiltrate the human population, why would it keep manufacturing those monstrous-looking steel-skeleton robots? Question the story of "Terminator Salvation" in even a cursory way, and the edifice crumbles.

:huh:

Will wait for some reviews by our members here. I never trust reveiws by professional movie critics.

Graham

Should i use the same principle to not trust "professional toy critics" either? :lol:

Most of the negatives seem to be the movie lacks the "human touch" or whatever. I'd be pretty disappointed if that were true though because the plot object known as Marcus Wright has a tonne of potential human drama and I'd feel quite annoyed as well if they never used him as best they can.

But some of the negative ones have no idea what the hell they're reviewing, like this one:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?.../DD7V17N5G0.DTL

Wow k'mon, either he's pulling our leg or he's retarded to fullest degree. I don't know many people at all who have not seen Terminator, like 3 people in my life time have never seen it.

This guy has like totally stepped out and said "This movie sucks and I have no idea what I'm talking about!" hidden in his text.

I bit the bullet and went to a midnight screening. Here's my thoughts.

Sam Worthington is the real star here. His character carries the movie.

The original Terminator theme is used in a much shortened form several times throughout the movie, but other than that the soundtrack is pretty forgettable.

The Arnold CGI cameo works pretty well and actually looks decent. It doesn't last long, though, so enjoy it while it lasts. The fight scene with the T-800 endoskeleton will probably make you groan.

The T-600 is awesome. Didn't see anything identifiable as a T-700, maybe those are in the deleted scenes or are just a marketing ploy.

Connor actually farting says "I'll be back." It was cringeworthy.

Michael Ironsides gets his poo kicked in.

Shitty ending.

All in all, I thought it was better than the third but nowhere near the first two movies. If you're a Terminator fan it's worth seeing at some point. In terms of movies in theaters now, it's nowhere near as good as Star Trek.

edit: thanks word filter

Edited by meh_cd

Eh, go and see it only because you're curious about it and you have to satisfy that curiousity. You know, there were a coupla' meatheads and their floosey next to me and they wouldn't stop talking, however instead of getting my face kicked in by saying something I found myself not blaming them one damn bit; this has to be the most uninteresting movie I've seen this side of the last Indiana movie.

I could pick this movie apart like a broken T-800, but I'm so worn out from boredom and yet another fine example of Christian Bale's wooden acting that I think I'll just go to bed...

Edited by myk

Just got back from seeing this movie...no review, just a possible spoiler alert....

I thought it was ok, it didn't mess up the time line or story I don't think. I hope this helps out the franchise and Sarah Connor Cronicles. Arnie, or at least the likeness of Arnie is in it, and probably my favorite part. They made him look exactly the way he did in T1....huge, with the longer 80's hair and everything. Couldn't have done it better. He may have been entirely CG, I could be wrong though. GnR music from T2 was nice to hear.

Edited by peter

I think it's stating the obvious but the people in charge are really really out of touch... giving Xmen to Ratner, Aliens to Paul WS Anderson and Terminator to McG. Giving Superman to Singer was probably an honest mistake but a huge costly one.

I think it's stating the obvious but the people in charge are really really out of touch... giving Xmen to Ratner, Aliens to Paul WS Anderson and Terminator to McG. Giving Superman to Singer was probably an honest mistake but a huge costly one.

Makes you wonder sometimes, doesn't it?

I saw it...

Arnold's likeness honestly to me was a lil lame all thanks to the intro music...the people I was around at the room were LAUGHING not cheering.

Although seeing him rip the T-600 apart like it was tissue paper was awesome but again, it shows just how dumb the action is when a T-800 can rip one of it's kind apart like it were nothing, and YET can't even kill a human when it's beatin the poo out of him.

I was also kind of pissed off that the scenes we've seen in the trailers, and on TV specials etc were taken out : / like the T-1 emerging from the water which should of been at the start of the film was taken out. So the only time you see a T-1 was in the Skynet central base.

And a couple of T-600's were suppose to accidentaly shoot eachother during the prison escape...that didn't happen.

And also at the start of the film, those prisoners at the compound were suppose to of been released only to get recaptured when they got top side. That didn't happen.

The ending though sort of pissed me off, Marcus while I understand why he did what he did, was a wasted character.

The only terminators that weren't really CG'ed were the T-600's...90% of the time they were either animatronics, or suit actors. Ah, and the T-1.

Seriously though, all the gore and the F bombs I wanted to see in this movie that were kind of kept in the novel...were gone. All of it, gone. It's better in a way from T3, but still the bar I guess was raised to high to even beat out the first movie....and there was no chance in hell it'd be Judgement Day.

If I could, I'd write to WB's or MGM, or even McG and just say "If you wanna make another movie, fine. But don't go with those scripts that were written by the people from Terminator 3.....they're awful. And take every good element from the previous 2 movies and ruins it all. These were clearly made for eye candy and piss poor story telling."